Non-BK concepts of Krishna

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Non-BK concepts of Krishna

Post02 Nov 2014

Save Innocents wrote:Remember when I compared BKWSU with ISIS. It was not just like that. I have seen the killing & slaughtering intents of few BKs, all through conversation ... an active Brahma Kumari worker named as yayati who though come across as an all BKism-instruction followers, yet he/she said that when the time will come we will be ready for onsite slaughter, killing anyone who comes in way of spreading Baba Gyan.

As this cult is still in under-developed-state, it will take time to show its true color to whole world. And then people will run with no solution as BKWSU will have by then a large army with surplus money to carry on whatever they wish.

I can agree with this analysis.

The Brahma Kumaris are, especially, using liberal, left wing, would be "spiritual not religious" Westerners as a mask for their true nature and intentions and, yes, I have heard such sentiments voiced by BKs.

Those liberal, left wing, would be "spiritual not religious" Westerners cannot believe this - unfortunately, they are duped by their own conceitedness and denial - and argue strongly against it because it is not their idealised view of spirituality. The BK elite is confusing Brahma Kumarism with true spirituality in order to appeal to such people and use them, their wealth and free labour.

They also have a very negative or limited take on Hinduism, based on their founders very limited understanding and take what they want from it, e.g. there are legends of Krishna during Mahabharata War where there is talk of them releasing weapons of mass destruction, missiles and warheads.

Such legend might be based on historical realities or visionary imagination, or they may be metaphors, I cannot say. But the BKs tend to take them quite literally ... and, yes, believe that the Indian government will fall to them and the Indian Army will serve them.

As you suggest, it's like Hitler's Nazi Party in Germany in its early phases attempting to establish a broad base of support first ... the question is, will it erupt in the same way? I think already signs of the Brahma Kumaris greed, confidence and belligerence are already starting to emerge, especially when it comes to land grabbing, court cases, lawlessness and manipulation of police and justice systems.

Save Innocents

Post02 Nov 2014

But the BKs tend to take them quite literally ... and, yes, believe that the Indian government will fall to them and the Indian Army will serve them.

Hahaha ... I don't believe that they believe it. Surely imaginations have no limits in BKWSU. You are quite close to the point that BK believe. It is at least present in their belief system that one with money & power is spiritual & is destined to become ruler or king in future - late but still coming soon - Golden Age. Later part is correct that those who have money & power get leadership but how such a person becomes spiritual cannot be ascertained. If a BK reader find it as a wrong impression that is created by us here, then he can ask this from Didis, they will clarify. OR discuss with mbbhat who believes present VIPs, VVIPs, politicians etc etc are deserving candidates of Golden Age. Undoubtedly, the Golden Age in BKWSU is for financially stable people only.
They also have a very negative or limited take on Hinduism, based on their founders very limited understanding and take what they want from it, e.g. there are legends of Krishna during Mahabharata War where there is talk of them releasing weapons of mass destruction, missiles and warheads.

Right. Not missiles but other similar powers were used during that war. And as killing is never supported, so this war is also condemned by many naive people earlier who did not go through the cause of this war. That war would be similar to any other mass destruction done to oppose brutality happening in several countries. For example America fighting against ISIS (it is different that they have many other motives too running parallel to this one). Wars become the only choice to combat people who try to suppress the ethically right ones.

Like in Mahabharata, Pandavas were thrown out of their own kingdom by deceit & many other crimes like sexually abusing Draupadi in front of everyone, trying to burn all of them by another deception, etc etc were committed by Kauravas for 12 years. And a condition (in contract between both parties) was put by Kauravas that if in 13th year, anyone of the six got identified, they will have to leave their kingdom for another 13 years & so on. At last, it was basically a war between moralistic, idealistic humans & the devil turned humans (or vice versa).

Lord Krishna comes in this scene when he sees the injustice suffered by Pandavas. And for all killing that were done in this war, it was for justice. One can argue why was killing the only way? So, that is definitely an unanswered question & is solved by Karma theory. So, you can see who are BK leaders (i cannot say all BKs included as there are also good people too who somehow fall in that trap & get misguided) simialr to in this case? Without a second thought, their behavior reflects that of Kauravas, not Pandavas. And using this great ancient Hinduism literature like Mahabharat (of which Bhagwad Gita is an integral part), they have successfully deceived two generations.

Many others are also adopting wrong ways to earn money, not talking only about cults. So, it made me wonder why people adopt such road or is nature so unjust that it cannot fulfill everybody's basic needs & forces them to do so low cheap criminal activities. And only one answer comes out as satisfactory enough & it is the karma & effect of time. As said that in Kalyug, right source of money automatically starts vanishing & right at its end, it is lost. You can imagine what will happen in Ghor Kalyug, predicated to arrive after 18000 years? So, what can be done in such an era is similar to what we are doing here, making everyone aware of these cults & if not possible then one can remain away from them & similar org.
I think already signs of the Brahma Kumaris greed, confidence and belligerence are already starting to emerge, especially when it comes to land grabbing, court cases, lawlessness and manipulation of police and justice systems.

Still BKs don't get it. Believe it or not, in my opinion, more than 90% BKs must be unaware of truth about BKWSU, history, Om Mandli, it remain undisclosed topics to most & only a pakka BK might be told by Didis about this after doing all needed modifications.

Pink Panther

Post02 Nov 2014

Even an active Brahma Kumari worker named as yayati who though come across as an all BKism-instruction followers, yet he/she said that when the time will come we will be ready for onsite slaughter, killing anyone who comes in way of spreading Baba Gyan.
This is a strong accusation which may be dismissed as misinterpretation or exaggeration - can you provide a link or a source to the original please?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post03 Nov 2014

"Yayati" is on the Brahma Kumaris own discussion forum, aren't they? I've never heard such a thing but that does not mean some BKs might not have "churned" it. The 'end scenes' they generally portray are of the Thar Desert, around their headquarters in Rajasthan, being full of devotees coming to seek solace/worship their god as far as the eye can see, with all BKs "plugged into their god" radiating peace to them.

By this time, they have often claimed the Indian government will have surrendered to them, how do they believe the Indian army and security forces with fit into that picture?

Another case of repressed anger or rage coming out in bizarre fantasies? I do remember one writing about fantasy visions of being flown around in a helicopter, over such crowds, beaming down peace. Helicopters are not peaceful at all. They are about the noisiest form of transport.

quantum

Post03 Nov 2014

This topic is too Bizzare for words ... do you think Baba will be supporting anyone opposing BKs with intension of "slaughter & killing"!! ... Even if any BKs did say this, it just shows how sick and religious extreme their mind set is ... nothing else! ... as we say here; "there's a kook round every corner"... every group/ religion/ organisation/ town/ village etc has it's "Nutjobs" ... the BKs just have a few more ...

SI, you're welcome to give your imagination a rest too ... it's too scary right now ... give ya head a break for BKism ... hmmm.

Pink Panther

Post04 Nov 2014

Off-topic : I had some exchanges with Yayati on that forum. Some were very reasoned and sensible, others just were, well, crazy. Enough to make me think s/he is bipolar or with some other such ailment, which could likely be easily treated by a professional therapist, i.e I recognise the symptoms as similar to other people I know who have been through that, and once they sought proper help they benefitted enormously.

Unfortunately ”intangible” illness gets diagnosed ”spiritually” and among BKs, unless someone is disruptive, they are ‘tolerated’ and encouraged to go more into mentations on god and karma when what many really need is more concrete therapy and activity - activities, or sometimes some neuro-chemical rebalancing, with pharmaceuticals for such things having come a long way even in the last few years.

quantum

Post04 Nov 2014

I need to correct my above last post. Apologies for the way the first 2 lines 'may', sound.

I did not mean that 'those opposing BKs' had intentions of "slaughter & killing"! ... But I meant it in the context, if any "BKs" ... had intentions of 'slaughtering & killing those who oppose BKs', that Baba would not support that ...

ex-l

ex-BK

Post04 Nov 2014

Pink Panther wrote:Off-topic : I had some exchanges with Yayati on that forum. Some were very reasoned and sensible, others just were, well, crazy. Enough to make me think s/he is bipolar or with some other such ailment ... unfortunately ”intangible” illness gets diagnosed ”spiritually” and among BKs, unless someone is disruptive, they are ‘tolerated’ and encouraged to go more into mentations on god and karma when what many really need is more concrete therapy and activity - activities, or sometimes some neuro-chemical rebalancing

Separate questions then,
    What proportion of BKs have some kind of borderline undiagnosed mental illness (including 'simple' ones like depression and anxiety)?
    What proportion of BKs would seek diagnosis and treatment for mental illness (including 'simple' ones like depression and anxiety)?
    Does BKism encourage or discourage seeking diagnosis and treatment for mental illness (including 'simple' ones like depression and anxiety)?

How does all this translate to India where access to diagnosis and treatment for mental illness is extremely limited and stigmatised?
I've laid down by cards on this matter.
    Firstly, I consider Lekhraj Kirpalani was suffering from some kind of mental illness, a mental illness brought about by whatever "psychic initiation/siddhi awakening" he undertook from the Bengal Saddhu before becoming God Brahma, and

Secondly, I consider the early BK or Om Mandli community was suffering from some kind 'folie a plusieurs' (madness of many), typical of families or tribes where the leader is mentally ill or suffers from some kind of psychological disorder and the family is forced to mould itself around that psychological imbalance and compensate for it.
I am sorry but believing you are God for 203 or more years, and not just "god" but several gods all mixed up together is *way* off the scale of reason. At the very least, along with all the bombastic pronouncements, apocalyptic predictions and all the inconsideration and disruption to the husbands of wives and family of minors who he was willing to play the 'Pied Piper of Hyderabad' to ... it all adds up to a highly complex psychological imbalance. Perhaps a narcissistic personality type grossly exaggerated by the spiritual initiation (kundalini awakening?) he undertook whilst lacking any context, disciple or religious community to manage it within.

For me, that initial state of group madness has since been sanctified, polished and refined to make it 'acceptable', and turned into a profitable business-religion.

BK adherents, especially the newcomers during the "Honeymoon Period", are literally encouraged to, "Go mad like we did!", throw themselves and their lives away and join those others who did too.
Previous

Return to Anything goes