Africa: Before Slavery

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Africa: Before Slavery

Post26 Dec 2016

Please don't let this post make you miss the last one on the page before, here. It's important. Unfortunately for us, Pink Panther is at least 2,500 years old and has a good memory of the discussion he had at the foot of the Acropolis, and he reminds us that the same discussion, about the same principles, have been going on for all that time ...

I linked an "Arab Slavery" website previously. I see the same group also have a Sister website called: African Holocaust.net which seems to be sincere and has a wealth of information on it. It appears the authors are doing what we are doing re the BKs but at a far deeper and more extensive level (there are more of them but they are often going back to the original source, e.g. research in Africa). They seem to have the same interests or purpose as you.

At present, a Namibian tribe is agitating against the German government for its theft of their land and a deliberately genocide that killed 80% of their population 100 years ago. The Herero and Namaqua genocide.

Personally, I would love all indigenous peoples to be given back their lands and for equitable reparations to be made. I would love to see a "fair and impartial" calculation of the exchange between the new world and the old worlds ... by which I am inferring that I do not see it as a one way deal. Yes, the new world profited by its exploitation of the old worlds ... but, the old worlds also profited from the fruits of the new world (order?).

On one level it appears to me that the "old world", the indigenous peoples, paid for an 'accelerated evolution' with some suffering. Many suffered without doubt, but they "evolved" 1,000s of years in one generation. If you were to equate the cummulative sufferings and strifes of the peoples of the "new world" to reach modernity ... would it be more or less than an African, Australasian or Native American being ripped out of a hunter-trapper existence and propelled into the 20th Century?

A life in a hunter-trapper society is short, brutal, hard, very largely extremely sexist ... and without modern denistry. Indigenous people's need to ask very honest questions about which is the better deal, and if modernity is the better deal, then is/was the price worth it, or not?

Africa paid with the only resources it had at the time, including slavery, but it got the industrial revolution in return ... was it a fair exchange? Individuals African genetic strains might have been ripped out of Mother Africa but they ended up with 20th Century human rights, educations, opportunities and double the life expectancies ... was it worth it in the long run?

I am not suggesting it was done right, only asking the 'big picture' questions ... who do you want to be; a middle class Black professional living in California, or an uneducated female sharecropper living in Liberia ... Rwanda ... or where ever else they are still cutting each other up with machetes (like Kingston or Detroit, may be?).

onthor

Post27 Dec 2016

ex-l wrote: ... One of the big problems, from a BK point of view, is that any potentially positive Afro-centrism opposes and clashes entirely with core BK philosophy, i.e. The Cycle.
Which is why at this time when I try to get a fix on my BK experience, it is the aspect of 'awareness of the soul' which would appear to be one of the main artefacts which may be of ongoing usefulness as life unfolds.

On the basis of personal experience (as a non-Indian) I would argue that because Gyan refutes ethnicity as an important part of human spiritual development it serves as a subtle reinforcement of the status quo insofar as race relations (relationship with self included) is concerned. While i've not yet determined whether or not this is generally speaking a 'bad thing' it is something that 'we' close our eyes to (for whatever reason) when under the influence of BK philosophy.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post28 Dec 2016

There's depth in that inquiry.

Oh, and Happy Kwanzaa to you too

But is BK "awareness of the soul" really 'awareness of the soul' or just some hypnotic or chakra influencing practise (answers, if any, in another topic please).

Refuting ethnicity as an important part of human development, or even a difference in the soul nature of different ethnicities, is a hugely broad brush sweep a whole load of stuff under the sub-conscious carpet.

But it's not just ethnicity. It's also, in the case of Africa and Africans, their exclusion from the history of philosophy and religion. A huge part of human history lies largely unresolved, e.g. is Egypt's relationship to sub-Saharan Africa the same as, say, Greece's relationship to Europe or China's relationship to Asia?

Sure as hell none of it figures in "God's" point of view ... if we are to believe the BKs' god spirit to be God. (Equally neither does China, e.g. was Confucius not equally or more influence than Shakaracharya or Guru Nanak?).

If we don't know the philosophy how do we know the mind ... is the African mind truly the same as the Indian or Western mind and is the BKs' 'one fix cures all' approach suitable for it?

Have you ever been or thought of going back to Africa? Doing a DNA test to work out which part your genes came from? Or do you accept the BK concept of originally being Indian and only taking a Black body for the sake of promoting them?

Just as an aside, Dr. Maulana Karenga - the founder of Kwanzaa - also wrote 'Maat, The Moral Ideal in Ancient Egypt: A Study in Classical African Ethics' and developed Kawaida. A big, but contentious figure, in the whole Black Power/Black Arts movement in the USA.

kawanzaa.jpg
kawanzaa.jpg (106.74 KiB) Viewed 17066 times

GuptaRati 6666

Post31 Dec 2016

I, personally, do not observe Kwanza, though I am African American or West Indian. Rather, I celebrate this season as the birth of Horus.

My celebration is spiritual and festive, with a spiritual foundation. This has always been a magical time for me and I like to absorb and bond with the positive energies circulating at this time. I also like to commemorate my pilgrimage to India at this time 40 years ago. Forty plus years ago were interesting and exciting times for me. Though I became a BK, I never surrendered being an intellectual dissident. My intellectual dissidence was a virtue and power against the no-authentic parts of BKism.

The stories in the Bible are stories of historical events in Africa. Ralph Ellis in his books indicate that many of the major Biblical rulers were Pharaohs, including Jesus. The investigations of Ahmed Osman and Biblical scholars from Harvard and Oxford have provided evidence to corroborate some the claims of Ellis. There was a connection, cultural, between the inhabitants of Africa and the Indian sub-continent, even in ancient times.

onthor

Post20 May 2017

GuptaRati 6666 wrote: ...The stories in the Bible are stories of historical events in Africa. Ralph Ellis in his books indicate that many of the major Biblical rulers were Pharaohs, including Jesus. The investigations of Ahmed Osman and Biblical scholars from Harvard and Oxford have provided evidence to corroborate some the claims of Ellis. There was a connection, cultural, between the inhabitants of Africa and the Indian sub-continent, even in ancient times.

Hello GuptaRati 6666, reading your post set me to wondering whether you have heard about or read From 'Babylon to Timbuktu' by Rudolph R Windsor (first edition published in 1969)?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post20 May 2017

Windsor (biography here) seems to take the Bible rather literally, does not he? Aren't the Black Hebrews or Black Israelites those street preachers in Harlem who dress up in Arabic costumes selling Bibles etc, arguing that "people of color" are descendants of a lost tribe of ancient Israelites? (They are not alone in that, I know elements of the British and Scottish establishment have made the same claim. I suspect it's a fairly universal thing in other countries too ... is not it just a self-esteem thing trying to instill some pride into indivividuals?).

I am not disputing there might not be some truths peppered through his works ... I was interested to read his claim that there were Judaic Africans shipped out to America (along with Muslim and indigenously spiritual ones) and widespread across Uganda/Ethiopia, even amongst the Bantu in the South etc ... but how does it square with more recent scientific studies? DNA has come on huge leaps since the 1960s (and support the theory). Israel is not so keen on them though ...

Honest question ... how much of the "brown" in India comes from black, as in "Africa"? (Bearing in mind, in India you have, say, both "brown-black" [African?] and "blue-black" [Dravidian/Australasian?]).

How much is genes and how much is geographic/climatic adaption?

Meanwhile, recent findings claim to end the debate regarding the migration timeline for modern humans moving from Africa into India (approximately 50,000 to 60,000 years ago) which kind of challenges both the Biblical 6,000 years and the Brahma Kumaris' 5,000. See also links to Nature magazine, here and here.

Can anyone remember BapDada praising the looks of Black or Dravidian BKs in the same way he has blonde or Japanese BK "dolls" ? Wasn't Jayanti Kirpalani given the nickname "the white one" (approx) and praised due to the lightness of her skin (having grown up indoors, in cloudy, grey England).

GuptaRati 6666

Post23 May 2017

The Dogon of Mali have maintained many cultural traditions similar to ancient Egypt, including an advanced knowledge of astronomy that Western science struggles to understand. The Dogon through their story telling have recounted ancient encounters with extraterrestrials connected to Sirius. Molecular genealogy has demonstrated that many African Americans and Afro-West Indians have the genes of the Dogon people.

When we think of the country Israel, we can easily forget that Judaism, Islam, and Christianity all had their origins in Egypt. With respect to the BKs and black intellectuals, many such individuals are quite spiritual and can see the BKs for who some of them, really are.

I do not wish to paint the BKs with a broad brush. Those blacks who joined the BKs and then left saw the light because they did not surrender their traditional spiritual values. How is it the BKs have not yet made contact with Dick Gregory, Derrick Walcott, Neal DeGrasse Tyson, Spike Lee, or the late C.L.R. James? The entrenched anti-intellectualism in the BK culture cannot tolerate a deep spiritual thinker who is a threat or potential threat to Deep State.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post23 May 2017

It's obviously different now, but let's be honest ... for the first generations of BKs, dark skin was synonymous with low caste and low spirituality. Black males were especially distrusted.

GuptaRati 6666

Post26 May 2017

It takes a soul with the heart of Hanuman or Mahavir to be like Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King Jr, Malcom X, Walter Rodney, Bruce Lee, Ho Chi Ming, Che Guvera, or Fidel Castro to stand up and push back on the Deep State. The BKs will dismiss the above-mentioned individuals as new souls. I forgot one name, Yeshua Ben Nazareth or Jesus Christ. For sure he was not a new soul, he pushed back against the then super power, the Roman Empire and though he survived the crucifixion must have read through the eyes of a different body, the accounts of the way Rome was sacked by the Visigoths in 410.

The BK may shared a fear of black males similar to DS. DS fears the ascension of a black messiah. Show me among the current ranks of the BKs a soul who has pushed back against DS?
Previous

Return to Anything goes