Inspiring life stories

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

sukshmbindu

Inspiring life stories

Post30 Dec 2016

I think we can share some inspiring life stories here ... I would suggest Ms. Sudha Chandran's name ... she was a classical dancer ... lost her leg in accident but later continued giving performances with a prosthetic leg.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Inspiring life stories

Post30 Dec 2016

Let's focus on turning your life into an inspiring story first. Thanks.

GuptaRati 6666

Re: Inspiring life stories

Post31 Dec 2016

I think the stories of the Western ex-BKs who almost lost all in pursuing the path of BKism and have gone on with their lives are heroic. I remembered 40 years ago in Madhuban when just about two dozen of us Western Raj yogis were allowed to remain in Madhuban and undergo intensive training in meditation. The service in the West was not yet started in the USA, many parts of South America and Africa. I do remember the Sister from Japan with us.

I told myself that any Westerner who embraced BKism had to be special after 1976 or before.

One person that comes to mind is Christine Choy of Guyana, who went to Madubhan and was being groomed to be like Shivani. She was incarcerated on drug charges and was later released. One of her lokik Brothers, Andrew died before she graduated from St Roses High School, an elite high schools for girls in Georgetown. Then Walter, her other lokik Brother died in the early 1990s while on seva in the jungles of Guyana.

It seems Christine was forsaken by the BK establishment. Today, however, she is a kind and loving grandmother, and has moved on with her life. Christine in my eyes is a heroine.

Another is Barbara Moore of Tuskegee, Alabama. Barbara separated from he lokik husband and raised two boys as she opened her newly built home as a Raja Yoga center, one of the first in the South East USA and one of the first centers in the USA. The students were few and expansion of the service modest. Yet Barbara maintained the center like a soldier standing ground and keeping the BK flag raised.

Several years ago, Barbara, a clinical nutritionist, succumb to breast cancer. Tuskegee, home of the Tuskegee Airmen, is very politically and religiously conservative. Barbara and the few students in the center walked through the gauntlet of heavy duty stigma.

Fortunately one heroine lives on to teach other Sisters about her Hades experiences.

Another hero Brother is Mario of San Francisco. He survived the sexual advances of a female center-in-charge. Mario is a talented artist, guitarist, and singer. He was the art director of the Philippino News.

Return to Anything goes