One more down - Brahma Kumaris cult should learn some lesson

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

Pink Panther

Re: One more down - Brahma Kumaris cult should learn some le

Post23 Sep 2017

ex-l wrote:The pair were part of a group of almost 1,000 people celebrating the visit of the Taiwanese Buddhist master Hai Tao who threw the live animals into the sea off Brighton as part of a “life release” ceremony. A ceremony I know is common amongst Chinese Buddhists who believe that returning captured animals to the wild is good karma ... even if they spend the rest of the year bioling them alive!

The Americans do this ritual annually. On Thanksgivings, the President "pardons” one turkey, while millions die in the annual ritual. The turkey becomes momentarily famous. Unlike the gurus discussed, it humbly tries to avoid the media and remains unaffected by all the publicity, wanting merely to return to its simple life.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: One more down - Brahma Kumaris cult should learn some le

Post24 Sep 2017

Pink Panther wrote:The turkey becomes momentarily famous ... wanting merely to return to its simple life.

Are you calling President Obama a turkey?

I hope that his post-presidential career is a return to a simple life too.

Apparently it's 46 million turkeys are eaten at Thanksgiving with 88% of Americans indulging (another 22 million at Christmas and 19 million turkeys at Easter ... Jesus was clearly another sacrificial turkey too).

Apparently it takes 80 pounds of feed to raise a 30 pound turkey. In 1920, the U.S. produced one turkey for every 29 people, today it is nearly one turkey for every person in the country (235 million per year). Just like their taste in women, turkey breeding has caused turkey's breasts to grow so large that the turkeys now fall over.

I am not sure that the turkeys or environmental are so thankful for the American colonists' arrival.
Previous

Return to Anything goes