Wikipedia and God and nouns

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

bansy

Wikipedia and God and nouns

Post09 Mar 2007

Interesting to learn how the noun "God" has evolved over the years, and thus could still be changing ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God

I would hazard a guess that if you mention the word "God" almost anywhere in the word pointing to the sky, and do not speak the native language, there is a likely chance the locals would nod their head and understand what you meant. God, the noun, is like a brandname, though maybe the nouns, "MacDonalds" and "Dollar", have better coverage :oops:

joel

ex-BK

Speaking of Wikipedia

Post09 Mar 2007

An IT rag called The Register reproduces a parody of Wikipedia called 'Surgipedia' that is amusing while instructive in the Ways of Wikipedia;

The Register on the Wikipedia

driedexbk

ex-BK

Post23 Mar 2007

I am not sure if this is relevant to this thread but I was wondering if anyone in this forum, who is very knowledgeable, would be interested in filling this page with information about Brahma Kumaris for a new free encyclopedia now that Wikipedia is in revision.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Special:Se ... aris&go=Go

proy

ex-BK

conservative

Post23 Mar 2007

driedexbk wrote:I was wondering if anyone in this forum, who is very knowledgeable, would be interested in filling this page with information about Brahma Kumaris for a new free encyclopedia now that Wikipedia is in revision.

I suppose there is no harm in putting information and a link to us there, and they would probably welcome it, as they are likely to be anti-cult. The whole thing is a bit distasteful, though, as it is run by very right wing, neo-conservative, fundamentalist Christians. They formed their Wiki because they think the "Real" Wiki is not Christian enough for them, and not (USA) patriotic enough for them. I heard all about them when they did an interview with one of the real wiki Admin on BBC Radio Four, the "Today" news programme.

Return to Anything goes