Using your real name

for site notices and tech support. Please keep the main forums on topic.

tete

friends or family of a BK

Using your real name

Post10 Mar 2009

Admin wrote:Post copyedited to remove 'off forum' personal information by permisson of author
terry wrote:I am wary of names linking people to the BKs who may not want to be anymore, e.g. my first post here, introducing myself, I separated my first and last name by a few words to hopefully avoid me coming up on Google, but it doesn't stop this site coming up if my name is searched (I have asked Admin to edit it, adding ( *) or (-) between letters of my surname to stop that happening, but it is still as it was, and still comes up on a search). I am happy to use my name here, but otherwise don't want to be publicly associated/identified with BKs anymore (for professional and other reasons).

Terry,

I found out the hard way that it does affect one, even if you aren't in it or weren't in it.

Terry

ex-BK

Re: Old London (BKWSU Tennyson Road) photos

Post10 Mar 2009

Well, Tete, what I have heard about Gonzales' approach to politics and justice, you are lucky not to become associated with him! Obviously his minders do not want to risk him to be "miked up" by the BKs (that's meant to be ironic as he would have authorised buggings when he was AG, and wallowed in the abuses of the Patriot Act). Interesting to see how an association with BKs so long ago can still affect things.

But, yes, people need to be reminded that the internet is PUBLIC DOMAIN. And we do not want to abuse other people's privacy or inadvertently affect their life choices.

Return to Admin