[Tech] Personal messaging (PM) system

for site notices and tech support. Please keep the main forums on topic.

yudhishtira

reforming BK

[Tech] Personal messaging (PM) system

Post01 Mar 2007

I have another query; I am trying to respond to a pm but it seems to be stuck in my outbox; I am sure I've probably made a mistake, but I cant seem to send it now; can you help?

admin

site admin

Post01 Mar 2007

Yudhishtira wrote:OK; thanks for that! I have another query; I am trying to respond to a pm but it seems to be stuck in my outbox; I am sure Ive probably made a mistake , but I cant seem to send it now; can you help?

It will stay there until the recipient picks it up.

yudhishtira

reforming BK

Post01 Mar 2007

aha; thankyou, I'll get the hang eventually!

alladin

no label

mail stuck

Post03 Mar 2007

Hi, same ad other members, I find the introductory message everytime I get onto the plain sheet and have to erase it before typing in my text. Also I prepared a couple of pm but they won't go out of the box. Can u help me pls? Thanks

joel

ex-BK

Personal Message Quoted-Reply bug

Post03 Apr 2007

When I made a quoted reply to a personal message, the Quoting script stripped out occurrences of 'I' and of 'BK'. I think this is a bug, or at least an opinionated existential software configuration. Does not appear to affect forum postings.

admin

site admin

Re: Personal Message Quoted-Reply bug

Post03 Apr 2007

joel wrote:When I made a quoted reply to a personal message, the Quoting script stripped out occurrences of 'I' and of 'BK'. I think this is a bug, or at least an opinionated existential software configuration. Does not appear to affect forum postings.

Yes, thanks, this has been noticed before. As long as it does not get any worse, we might have to live with it until the next big upgrade.

joel

ex-BK

Re: Personal Message Quoted-Reply bug

Post03 Apr 2007

Admin wrote:Yes, thanks, this has been noticed before. As long as it does not get any worse, we might have to live with it until the next big upgrade.

Is this a known phpBB bug? Otherwise I think it might be worth checking for accidental entries in the Shortcuts table that expands "S B" (with no intervening space) to Shiva Baba.

bro neo

ex-BK

PM

Post11 Oct 2007

What's the difference between the out box and sent box in the PM section?

joel

ex-BK

Re: PM

Post11 Oct 2007

bro neo wrote:What's the difference between the out box and sent box in the PM section?

Outbox messages are waiting to be sent (or read) IIUC.

bro neo

ex-BK

Post13 Oct 2007

:) Thank you.

admin

site admin

[Admin] Problem with private messaging system

Post12 Mar 2009

Please note,

there seems to be a problem with the private messaging system at present. Recently users have reported system/permission failures and moderators have received copies of private messages.

Before posting, please check to see whether your messages are also being mistakenly forwarded to moderators, see images below. As of this date, moderator rights have been removed from all exisitng moderators to avoid the possibility of any mistaken correspondence. In effect, there will be no moderators to receive such errors.

Please check any message in your outbox. If the message is in your outbox, that means it has not been collected by other users. If deleted from here, it will not be received. If anyone is unable to send or receive messages, contact the Admin.

The question has also been raised as to whether moderators can read other users' private message?

The answer to that is phpBB 3.0.4, the software we use, does not allow any moderator or the Admin to log in as other individuals nor read their private messages but no internet connected computer can be considered to be entire security.

Because of the nature of the private message referred to below, it is not clear whether the individual user 'master_creator' intended the moderators to receive a copy of this message or not. As in this case it is both an abuse of the forum, and seeking to undermine the trust and purpose of the forum, we are going to take the radical position of publishing it in contradiction to our usual policy to further evidence how the Brahma Kumaris work.

All other mesages will remain confidential unless serious needs arise.

master-mistake3.jpg
master-mistake3.jpg (6.53 KiB) Viewed 23929 times

master-mistake2.jpg
master-mistake2.jpg (9.92 KiB) Viewed 23931 times

Terry

ex-BK

Re: [Admin] Problem with private messaging system

Post12 Mar 2009

I mentioned to Admin about an attachment I sent in a PM appearing in the Attachments field on the portal page. That is a breach. Has that been rectified?

admin

site admin

Post13 Mar 2009

terry wrote:I mentioned to Admin about an attachment I sent in a PM appearing in the Attachments field on the portal page. That is a breach. Has that been rectified?

This has been reported to developers. It is beyond our control at present.

Note to users;

do not attach images or images to private messages that you would not wish to be made public. Use off forum hosting or email to send them.

Could other users that reported problems with private messages please confirm whether they are now working?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post13 Mar 2009

Terry, I sent you a PM. I do not know if you got it. Please confirm or reply. Thanks.

Terry

ex-BK

Post13 Mar 2009

I have received a couple in the last two days, including one sent just before it went down, and got to me later. ex-l I have received and replied to today's PM from you.

Return to Admin