Lost property, junk & administrative moves

for site notices and tech support. Please keep the main forums on topic.

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

Post21 Feb 2007

Wow so efficient I am very impressed. There i was wandering around the forum and bumped into a radhe/Krishna chat going back to 2006 and I thought that my Radhe/Krishna discussion on the "shall I get in or pull him out" thread was redundant or ought to be put there instead. And lo and behold there i saw it at the bottom. I am very impressed. Thanks

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post21 Feb 2007

I have a hammond organ ... don't get purer than that.

yudhishtira

reforming BK

Post23 Feb 2007

:? umm; was there meant to be a comment after that quote, abrahma Kumar?

EDIT; sorry mate; obviously saw this in mid-construction!!! Thanks for your well thought out response; I will reply below.

alladin

no label

Post28 Feb 2007

Welcome to BrahmaKumaris.Info Forum.

As a new member, you will receive this message twice. Once you have read it, erase it, write your actual reply and submit.

* Always remember that a discussion form is not just chat but also publishing, the whole world we see whatever you write for a long time. Be light but make it worthwile.

* Please make it easy for others to read your posts by using paragraph breaks and punctuation to split up large blocks of text.

* Please use capitals when writing specific BK terms so that newcomers can understand that they have special meaning, e.g. "Murli" instead of Murli, "Avyakt Vani" instead of Avyakt Vani and so on.

* If you are using an ambiguous term such as "Baba" or "Father" that could refer to more than one individual, please clarify who it is you mean, e.g. Shiva [ through Virendra Dev Dixit or Veerendra Dev Dixit ], Brahma [ Lekhraj Kirpalani or Dada Lekhraj ], Mama [ BK Saraswati ]. Use actual names rather than titles where possible.

If you need help, please ask others or use the Admin forum.

Thanks.

alladin

no label

Post28 Feb 2007

Welcome to BrahmaKumaris.Info Forum.

As a new member, you will receive this message twice. Once you have read it, erase it, write your actual reply and submit.

* Always remember that a discussion form is not just chat but also publishing, the whole world we see whatever you write for a long time. Be light but make it worthwile.

* Please make it easy for others to read your posts by using paragraph breaks and punctuation to split up large blocks of text.

* Please use capitals when writing specific BK terms so that newcomers can understand that they have special meaning, e.g. "Murli" instead of Murli, "Avyakt Vani" instead of Avyakt Vani and so on.

* If you are using an ambiguous term such as "Baba" or "Father" that could refer to more than one individual, please clarify who it is you mean, e.g. Shiva [ through Virendra Dev Dixit or Veerendra Dev Dixit ], Brahma [ Lekhraj Kirpalani or Dada Lekhraj ], Mama [ BK Saraswati ]. Use actual names rather than titles where possible.

If you need help, please ask others or use the Admin forum.

Thanks.

abrahma kumar

Post02 Mar 2007

hi Admin pls delete. Thanks

proy

ex-BK

WILL I LIVE TO BE 80?

Post03 Mar 2007

WILL I LIVE TO BE 80?
I recently picked a new primary care doctor. After two
visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing "fairly well" for my age.
A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him,
"Do you think I'll live to be 80?"
He asked, "Do you smoke tobacco or drink beer or wine?"
"Oh no," I replied. "I quit smoking a year ago and haven't drank for 30, not doing drugs,either."
Then he asked, "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?"
I said, "No, my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!"
"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, boating, hiking or bicycling?"
"No, I don't," I said.
He asked, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars or have a lot of sex?"
"No," I said. "I don't do any of those things."
He looked at me and said, "Then, why do you give a s**t?"

proy

ex-BK

The Cardiologist's Funeral....

Post04 Mar 2007

The Cardiologist's Funeral ...

A cardiologist died and was given an elaborate funeral.
A huge heart covered in flowers stood behind the casket during the service.
Following the eulogy, the heart opened, and the casket rolled inside.
The heart then closed, sealing the doctor in the beautiful heart forever.

At that point, one of the mourners burst into laughter.

When all eyes stared at him, he said, "I am sorry, I was just thinking of my own funeral ... I am a gynecologist."

That's when the proctologist fainted.

seva

Re: Hello

Post08 Mar 2007

Seva wrote:Worldpeace,

Thank you for the welcome. I have only been to the centre once. When I was there, I wasn't very social, but the people were nice. I was little at the time, so I don't really remember that much. I was never a BK, and I don't intend on being one. The only reason I am here is to try to understand one of my parent's background. When I went to the centre, it was an odd experience, mostly because people there were saying to me to come again, to go to India, and it sort of unsettled me.

I think I was pretty fortunate to have had someone there for me, so I did not really have to say anything. Er, so when I had the chance to go to the centre again, I did not have to go, and no one made me . :D

Now, did you have any friends whose parents were BK's?

So pretty much I just want the chance to learn more about the religion, but not to join it. Not really my thing if you now what I mean.

Hi Bansy: Thanks for the welcome too, and yes I know this is not a chat room, I am not allowed in chat rooms. And hi to Proy. Hope your doing good Proy.

See ya:D

seva

Post08 Mar 2007

OOps where is the edit button?
:oops:

arjun

PBK

Post08 Mar 2007

Yudhishtira wrote:I am not sure how Di would feel for example, as she's had a rough ride recently from the BKs!

I have written to Sister Di and am awaiting her response.

Anyways, thanks for the word of advice.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

di

Post09 Mar 2007

I am more than happy for Arjun to quote me! Happy I said something worth quoting :lol:
What a great idea for a thread. There are so many positive things to be said for BKs, and none personally have given me a hard time. Just the whole situation at the moment.

arjun

PBK

Post09 Mar 2007

Sister Di,
Thanks for that clarification/confirmation.
Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

proy

ex-BK

Look in the Mirror

Post10 Mar 2007

A man woke up one morning and looked in the mirror. He saw a big spot in the middle of his forehead. Worried, he went to see his doctor. His doctor said, "Ah, this is very rare, I have never seen a case like this myself, but I have read about it in the medical literature. Over the next six weeks that spot will grow into a full size penis."

The man was terribly shocked, and said, "Well, what are you going to do about it? For goodness sake cut it off now before it gets any bigger!" The doctor replied, "I am sorry, there is nothing we can do for you. It is connected to your brain. If we cut it off you would die."

So the man, completely distraught by now, said, "So you are telling me that every morning when I look at myself in the mirror I am going to have to look at a penis sticking out of my forehead?"

The doctor, who had the medical book open at the right page by now, said, "Oh no, you won't have to worry about that, you won't see it, the balls will cover your eyes."

ex-l

ex-BK

Post11 Mar 2007

driedexbk wrote:I just read this post about "triple ex-BK jokes and it did not impress me very well.

Is that directed at me or the joke above? Do you mean this particular post, or the whole thread?

I think that this particular joke has gone too far (and taking the thread with it) because I do not see any connection with Gyan nor a spiritual allegory. I suppose you could make something out of it about the nature of lust being rooted deeply into the mind and leading to the soul being blinded ... which is what I was kind of pressing for.

It is the classical view, and I do mean it seriously, that it should be within the powers of a yogi to be able to look at the most objectionable person or thing, embrace it with compassion and understanding, see the wisdom within and learn from it. And to give those that stumble a hand back up again.

I am not going to pass a moral judgement. There are other things that I find much more obscene than obscenity. Personally, I will leave it to proy to justify or not and make any request he seems fit.
PreviousNext

Return to Admin