Lost property, junk & administrative moves

for site notices and tech support. Please keep the main forums on topic.

pbktrinityshiva

PBK

Lost property, junk & administrative moves

Post04 Sep 2006

Admin wrote:Admin notice: The following types of posts are "lost property";

completed Admin requests posts
    those cross-posted (duplicated) in more than one forum,
    posts that went too far "off topic",
    posts that did not belong where they were found,
    post that crossed over the line of our fairly liberal decency.
As a rule we do not delete posts, except in the case of;

attempts to expose other forum members
    duplications
    profanities or personal attacks
in order to avoid criticism that we censor or manipulate contributions. Instead we move them here, to "Lost and Found". Some may appear obscene or unacceptable to many of our readers.

If any of the original owners with to lay claim to them and required restoration, please contact the Admin to argue your case. Where problems arise with the running of the Forum, please bear in mind that,

a) brahmakumaris.info is volunteer run,
    b) it does not have 24/7 support and
    c) that no software is perfect.

d) some communication might be better done 'off forum' via personal messenger. Not all communication has to be 'on forum' for the whole world to read.
Compromises have to be made due to inbuilt limitations and the main objectives on the forum.

The Original message follows;

Admin,

I like the new features for spell check and abbreviations.

Om Shanti

eromain

ex-BK

[Admin] Completed requests & posts moved for Admin reasons

Post04 Oct 2006

It has come to my attention over recent weeks that there are BKs and xBKs around the world who think that Eromain –the author of the child abuse report Child Protection Report is responsible for/or partly responsible for this website.

In the interests of the truth I feel it my duty to state that whilst I am a subscriber to this site and sometimes post here I am not part of the Admin or ownership of it. Furthermore the only statements I have ever made on the site are in my own username.

Thanking you

Eugene Eromain

Mr Green

ex-BK

Lost property

Post24 Nov 2006

sweetchill wrote:This site is impartial, or it is not - there's no in between for impartiality (such as nearly 100% impartial). Which brings me back to my main point (again) - this site is being dishonest because it claims to be impartial on its frontpage. It's not a question of mere semantics - it has a bearing on how this site presents itself to newcomers and gives a false impression (it has it's own PR face - who'd have thought it?).

I am not trying to intellectualise anything (there's plenty of that on this site as it is).
"perhaps being an ex BK actually makes you impartial" - if you really belive that, then fine.

Hey, that last statement was a joke, you know humour? I was trying to make you see something ... never mind.

I can see this going nowhere, so you are welcome to your current opinion. May it bring you happiness.

sweetchill

BK

Post24 Nov 2006

Bro,

Fair enough ... I think I've made my point enough in this thread. And I genuinely wish you happiness too ... it was sad to hear of your current personal situation ... my best wishes. I realise you will probably treat that last statement with huge cynicism, but it's truly meant.

Look forward to more jousting in the future!

Chill ... 8)

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post24 Nov 2006

sweetchill wrote:Fair enough ... And I genuinely wish you happiness too ... it was sad to hear of your current personal situation ... my best wishes.

Respect to you too and now I can see you are a decent person. I maybe not as cynical as you think. Just because my life was ruined by the BKs doesn't mean I don't respect others wanting the same. I still have very close friends who are BKs and I don't try and put them off, :wink:.

john

reforming BK

Post27 Nov 2006

I once found a cockroach in some spinach, so that makes me pretty well qualified to answer that.

Also for anyone else who doesn't want to NOW buy their veg from Tesco, did you know there is an online organic veg delivery service in many parts of the UK?

Not sure if this is allowed but here goes; http://www.riverford.co.uk/

sweetchill

BK

Post27 Nov 2006

Excellent John! Thanks for the tip :D

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post28 Nov 2006

sweetchill wrote:But you get my point ... you might have a totally relevant experience, but by including it in an article about the BKs in a wikipedia article, does your experience get given undue weight compared to the experiences of many thousands of others?

hheheheh ... how little you know :wink:.

sweetchill

BK

Post28 Nov 2006

Alright Mr Green,

OK ... I know nothing ... :D

john

reforming BK

Post28 Nov 2006

sweetchill wrote:Alright Mr Green,

OK ... I know nothing ...

Joking aside, if you are to remain in the BK world you need to know everything. You need to be very clever not for Dadis, but for yourself.

sweetchill

BK

Post28 Nov 2006

Hi John,

Appreciate your concern. In my experience, the most essential thing about being a BK is a good sense of humour. Which, thankfully, I have in abundance. :D

john

reforming BK

Post28 Nov 2006

Yep, good humour is essential. May I ask how long you have been a BK

sweetchill

BK

Post28 Nov 2006

Yes John,

You may ask. :D

john

reforming BK

Post28 Nov 2006

But are you willing to reply? If yes, could you ...

sweetchill

BK

Post28 Nov 2006

My actual answer would mislead you (you'll just have to trust me on that). Let's just say it's more than 10 years.
Next

Return to Admin