Lost property, junk & administrative moves

for site notices and tech support. Please keep the main forums on topic.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Re: Interesting stories and information

Post04 Sep 2008

Australia is in the grip of a "man drought" where women increasingly outnumber men and a good bachelor is hard to find, according to new research from a leading demographer. From its founding as a British penal colony more than 200 years ago, Australia has traditionally suffered from a gender imbalance where men were more likely to be more numerous than the fairer sex Down Under.

Finally, we have 'proof' that the BKWSU way of life, of reducing men to a mere number, has taken grip in Australia. Of course, the article doesn't say anything about the 'male gay' population reducing the availability even more ;) and if ANYONE even mentions the word 'sheep' at this point, do know that we could have the Aussie Prime Minister logging onto this forum to threaten us with sometehing serious or the other ...

Read ALL ABOUT IT HERE and don't forget to gasp in horror as "this must be a sign of imminent destruction or imminent surge in lesbianism in the world", or whatever is the worst scenario for the world to think up:- http://www.24.com/news/?p=tsa&i=1015556

Mr Green

ex-BK

Re: BK Controversies

Post26 Sep 2008

You see how yogis remember my churnings, I had a good churn last night ... oooopps.

arjun

PBK

Post26 Sep 2008

yogi108 wrote:Now this can either be taken as humor or provocation.

I agree ;) I think ex-BKs have forgotten that there is an exclusive place for them in this forum to share such humour - XXXBKjokes in the ex-BK section. It has been a long time ex-BKs peeped into their Section :D

new knowledge

ex-Vishnu Party

Re: Relative or Absolute truth

Post29 Sep 2008

Offtopic: Dear Admin, please edit the last sentence of the previous post 'If interpreted logicaly & mathematicaly, everything appears to be infinite or unlimited as no any absolute or relative scale of measure is known to the scientific community to measure the dimentions of various facts at the level of Absolute Truth', as 'At the level of the Absolute Truth, if interpreted logically & statistically, everything appears to be infinite or unlimited, as no any absolute or relative scale of measurement is known to the scientific community to measure the dimentions of anything at that level'.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post29 Sep 2008

mr green wrote:You see how yogis remember my churnings, I had a good churn last night ... oooopps.

This was neither a joke nor an ex-BK one, it makes no sense on its own. It was a comment made in reply to someone else and not meant as a joke.

If my postings are to be censored, I would rather they are just deleted. If this site is to be just a place of pundits it is losing its way.

dilaram

BK

auto login

Post15 Oct 2008

When I tag the box for auto login, it never does? Doubtless it is me or my software I suppose (still on Win 98) with IE 6.0.2800 ... yes ?

Thanks in advance :|.

admin

site admin

Re: auto login

Post15 Oct 2008

Impossible for us to tell. It works for others. No software is perfect.

Try downloading Firefox v.2 for Windows 98 and try that or install Linux on your PC. It is a better and more secure browser than IE 6.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/sy ... ts-v2.html

rawish9

Re: 50 years for Destruction, 50 years for Creation

Post26 Nov 2008

Om Shanti - (test)

mbbhat

BK

Re: To BK or not to BK, that is the Question

Post02 Dec 2008

That is good. Give happiness and take happiness.

henna

spiritual seeker

Re: Hello everyone

Post04 Dec 2008

Hello Everybody,

I am new member of this site, I am not BK or PBK, actually I don't even know the real meaning of these abbreviations.
I do not know whether I am legally allowed to write here as I am no way connected to Brahmakumari except that I watch there half an hour program on Aastha(Indian Spirituality Channel) at 10.30 by Brahmakumari Shivani. Name of the program is 'Awakening with Brahmakumari's'.

I like that a lot, the Sister Shivani looks very peaceful and very nice when she speaks about how to be a peaceful soul. How we can prevent anger, how we can accept different people around us.

But yesterday she talked about detachment, how being detached is correct, somehow I am very attracted to spirituality and all these things from childhood days and I know as per Hindu philosophy everything is Maya, just detachment and meditation are path for God.

But I want to know from those who are practising BK's or PBK's following questions:
Is it right that BK talks about end of world?
Is it right that they talk about Heaven for only their members?
If there is no attachment, how will things work?
If everyone is just praying, who will cook, who will plough land? See if we use attached theory then we are attached to our body and hunger so we eat. Right? If we are detached we shouldnt eat.
Also, if ultimate aim is to pray and direct all energies to just God, what is purpose of this Universe? Of this world?
If marriage, children is wrong then what is 'Shristri'(Hindi word meaning life). is not life necessary? is not the Shiv Ling a beautiful picture of life?

I feel the Brahmakumari talk beautifully and have loads of energy in them, they can help in self introspection, healing courses.
If we follow complete detachment I understand that we would be at peace since we are not affected by anything but then if that is why this world is created, why it should be created at first place. Is Supreme God enjoying this drama?

Also, I believe in Karma , Do good and it will bounce to you that is Karma. Do bad and again that will bounce to you. But if we read Hindu philosophy it says that the 'Pashchatap' (feeling guilty and then doing correct actions) is first step to eradicate wrong deeds. Also, it is not human but the human action that created the wrong Karma, remove that action, feel sorry about it and God is merciful. But the Karma is one part and intellect and hard work is another. God is always happy with hard work for good cause, good Karma and beautiful intellect. do not you guys think so?
I am Hindu and I feel mine God is like that. It encourages you to do good but it does not encourage you to blame things on your Karma and not work on them, If we believe BK philosophy then why should doctors exist, since patient is because of Karma. why should be there artificial leg/jaipur foot? Why we should have charities? Why we should help others? After all they are in whatever stage because of karma.

karma should be motivational factor and not taken as a excuse.

I will keep on watching that program because it teaches many good things also:) and I will use of mind to differentiate what is right for me.

Omshanti
Henna

life

move

Post15 Dec 2008

Omshanti,
Henna
The organisation is called Brahma Kumaris world spiritual UNIVERSITY.
And what is imparted is knowledge unlike blind faith.
The reason why a 7 day basic course is given is to prove what has been said by reason.
If not all at least most of The Knowledge .

And the reason why X has to be done and Y should not will only be understood when we
experiment it in the laboratory of life for experience is the highest authority.

From what i have read i think you haven't taken the course yet.
I would definitely advise you to go to a center .

The senior Brother/Sister can definitely provide a better answer than me.
I seem to be the only BK resource on this site!

Is it right that BK talks about end of world?
Well ,going by the present day scenario both in India and abroad we are looking at increasing levels of violence,anger,natural calamities .
Recession is making both people and governments lose sleep what would happen to the
globalized economy if a war starts?
Personally i don't mind if it(end of world) happens or not.
what i have learnt is to keep my mind stable because i cannot control situations or people only my mind.
Holy books including Gita and bible talk of it.
I believe the story of "Hiranyakashupu" is of the present world.

Is it right that they talk about Heaven for only their members?
Anyone can enter heaven .
Anyone who is 16 celestial degrees complete.(morals,..)
What we carry forward is sanskar's embedded within us.
You have often heard about 5 your kids playing piano(a blind korean boy),driving!
If a person with the present Kaliyug sanskar enter's heaven it wouldn't be called heaven.
It's not that every member enters heaven there are BK's who have been members for year's with not much change in sanskar's.

life

Re: Questions from Henna after BK TV program

Post15 Dec 2008

If everyone is just praying, who will cook, who will plough land? See if we use attached theory then we are attached to our body and hunger so we eat. Right? If we are detached we shouldn't eat.

The detachment theory is that of I and My.
I am the soul and My is everything else.(including body)
In rajayog the final stage is karmayog where you do karma in a high state of soul consciousness..
you can do this open eyed form of Yoga while you cook,plough,even type the state of mind is all
that matters.
Whenever I talk of Yoga i am explaining how a mango tastes to someone who has never seen a mango(state)?
:D
so i wont be able to go more into depth.
The attachment to the body is only personal hygene.
And normal simple food to keep you going.

admin

site admin

Forum restored

Post19 Dec 2008

Following recent instabilities, the Forum has been repaired, backed up and restored. It now appears to working fine again and no posts lost.

Our apologies for the loss of service over the last couple of days. Please inform us of any technical problem you might have over the next few days.

admin

site admin

Seasonal greetings

Post25 Dec 2008

Our seasonal best wishes to all are, here; The Elf Club.

The darkest hours are behind you now, let us all looking forward to more fun filled years ahead.

joel

ex-BK

Re: Brahma Kumaris Raise Issue of Abuse with BKWSU Leadership

Post05 Jan 2009

Admin, you may like to move this post to "Hullo from Terry" with my blessings.
PreviousNext

Return to Admin