Lost property, junk & administrative moves

for site notices and tech support. Please keep the main forums on topic.

bansy

Re: BKWSU leadership accessibility and reverence

Post01 Jun 2008

That people are able to vote more than once in a poll

This is odd.

As you know I was a frequent pollster before this forum was upgraded. Way back then, I am sure there was no problems of multiple polling at all, where you could only cast one vote per member.

So any multiple polling occuring now could be a result of the new forum upgrade.

What would the poll's results show you?

Anyway, I usually try to raise a poll where it is for obtaining straight data, not for opinion, because of the reasons Tom has cited. :D If you look at the poll "Which zone do you belong to", it's totally up the creek. I don't care about the result as I already knew the result before, so I am glad someone has found great use in their time to decide to destroy polls as simple and harmless as this one. Such people need some meditation :mrgreen:

john morgan

ex-BK

Post01 Jun 2008

Hello Tom,

I think you may misunderstand me, I am not trying to insult anyone. I merely think it necessary to examine our own thinking and the thinking of others. Thought is powerful tool of creation and I like to be clear about influences. We all have potentials and we are all in the process of finding out what we can do.

For me it is Ex-I's more philosophical posts that especially stimulate deeper understanding and I in my own way am also asking "What are we/I doing and why are we/I doing it?! We are not here to conclude we are here to learn.

We are rigorous in our examination of the BK and their actions and try to do it it fairly and accurately in order to reveal the truth of what they are doing. We can only do this well if our own house is in order. Do we agree on anything?

tom

ex-BK

Post01 Jun 2008

John Morgan wrote
I in my own way am also asking "What are we/I doing and why are we/I doing it?! We are not here to conclude we are here to learn.

This is the typical obedient BK's thought pattern according to the Seniors' conditioning. In a nutshell ."Don't think. Don't look at others.Don't see the weaknesses of others. Become introvert. See your own weaknesses.Don't ask. Don't make negative observations.Don't judge others.Just repeat what the Seniors are telling you.We tell you what to think."

I know very well what we are doing here.Or, are you still not sure what we/you are doing here? We are discussing here all issues related to BKWSU,sharing our own experiences and observations, learning from other forum members experiences and coming to conclusions. Conclusion is the end process of an informal learning process as long as the brain is functioning well.
We are rigorous in our examination of the BK and their actions and try to do it it fairly and accurately in order to reveal the truth of what they are doing. We can only do this well if our own house is in order.

The reason that I decided to become an active member of this forum is, that I observed as a silent reader long enough very well, that the administrators of this forum are strictly bound to the principles of ethics and core values like fairness, honesty, truthfulness, accuracy, openness and nobleness. Forum guidelines are well designed to protect this forum from ill intentioned ones. Of course our own house is in order. We all are taking care that this forum functions well. Who is asking?

Tom

john morgan

ex-BK

Post01 Jun 2008

tom wrote:
John Morgan wrote
I in my own way am also asking "What are we/I doing and why are we/I doing it?! We are not here to conclude we are here to learn.

This is the typical obedient BK's thought pattern according to the Seniors' conditioning. In a nutshell ."Don't think. Don't look at others.Don't see the weaknesses of others. Become introvert. See your own weaknesses.Don't ask. Don't make negative observations.Don't judge others.Just repeat what the Seniors are telling you.We tell you what to think."

Dear Tom,

Just to take the first point you made in your post.

If the question "what am I doing and why am I doing it" is an obedient BK's thought pattern your argument makes no sense whatsover. You go on to say "don't think, don't look at others, become introvert etc. and think this is the same thing as asking that question.

It seems to me that the "brainwash" you accuse the BK of is exactly what you are trying to do to me. You are asking me not to make awkward observations and you are telling me what I should be thinking and doing and are telling me in effect what to say. Please think about this, its really tough but BK or no BK we have to learn.

tom

ex-BK

Post01 Jun 2008

John Morgan wrote:That people are able to vote more than once in a poll is a politicians dream but once you are found out the game is up.

Admin wrote:Prior to Tom's comment above there had been evidence of users joining simply to vote in or rig polls. When contacted with the typical welcome emails, there have been no responses and no forum posts either. These votes have been noted. In one case, it seems one user voted 12 times or more.

Since Tom's original comment we changed the settings to disallow multiple votes and are in contact with the developers of the softwares to enable a fix in the software that only allows voting in polls after a specific number of posts have been. We hope this ensures voters are genuinely interested members. Presently this modification does not work.

The modification has been attempted on a number of occasions over the last few days and a few of you might have noticed an error message similar to the following.

They are found out John, the game is up. My posts were only about some BKs game who were spoiling the poll. Funny, but it occurs to me that you don't read the posts carefully and don't answer to the points. It is as if by every irrelevant issue you are not talking to us or listening to us but talking to the BK leadership as if trying to prove them how loyal you are to the BKWSU. Although they rejected you, banned you - sorry but you told us repetitively - you are here in this forum to defend them as their voluntary lawyer - as if they need one. But, believe me, it does not matter how much you prove your loyalty, they will never repent and ask for an apology for what they did to you, and they will never miss you. They erased you, as they erased all their other mistakes for eternity.

Funny but, in reality, this Forum is under attack from BK leadership. The legal dispute, the Ramsay's et al accusations, and now we are learning that the modification has been attempted. I will not continue to write on this issue any more.

Tom

john morgan

ex-BK

Post01 Jun 2008

Well Tom,

I'll take on board everything you have said and examine it closely, perhaps you will do the same for me.

Kindest regards,

John

admin

site admin

Admin is now Admin

Post04 Jun 2008

To clarify matters, and as part of our constant development of this forum, the administration account Admin is now 'Admin'. The Admin account not a single person's user account but used for 'official' or technical purposes.

'Admin' meant 'Bulletin Board Systems Operator', a formal term for the initial Admin account setting up an internet discussion forum.

john morgan

ex-BK

Support the bring back Smilies Campaign

Post14 Jun 2008

When I first came here there were many smilies :D , now there are just eight :shock: and all my message smilies have gone. :sad: Nothing is said or discussed the smilies just vanish. From the responses that I have received I know that smilies do work. This forum is all (apparently) about freedom of expresssion. The curtailing of smilie type communications seriously constrains that freedom. The smilies here are neat and clean, I don't think that that importing larger smilies that are several lines high is something that I could support. ;)

So who is responsible and why? :-?

Why do Admin(s) make personal decisions such as removing smilies and impose their preferences on others? :|

This may sound petty or inconsequential but when you are writing a message to a friend and you wish to let them know how valuable they are then reaching for a smilie or two or even three and finding they are not there can be a little irksome. :oops:

Does anyone else need more smilies?

I hope :mrgreen: adds his voice to this campaign.

alladin

no label

Re: Support the bring back Smilies Campaign

Post14 Jun 2008

Support: in the sense that, in absence of body language, eye contact, tone of voice etc ... smilies can do the trick and explain better than words what we mean and help us avoid understandings.

This is most important especially for posters whose mother tongue is not English and may therefore encounter extra difficulties in expressing their opinion and even more, feelings. :D

arjun

PBK

Post14 Jun 2008

john morgan wrote:Does anyone else need more smilies?

Definitely I do require more smilies :D , but the Admin would be in a better position to explain the reasons for reducing the smilies. May be the new software of this forum/site does not allow extensive usage of smilies because of the storage space that it occupies.

john morgan

ex-BK

Post14 Jun 2008

ex-I has obviously chewed the smiley bubblegum (I hope it was not second hand) and whilst what he says is true to an extent there are many here who find smilies a complement to and not a replacement for intelligent discourse.

I concede both that some may have noticed a higher degree of imbecility in my recent posts and that there is a danger that the bouncy smiley energetic and variously attired smilies that can be found elsewhere could hasten this process. But the smilies that we use here are quite restrained and much less a fast track towards a very sticky end.

Whilst I am very tempted to post a few extreme examples of what ex-I may be talking about I am loth do do this because smilies may in addition to accurately conveying emotion have feelings of their own. ;) Whilst I for one would never give a smiley a hard time there may be at least one person here that would. :sad:

bansy

Post14 Jun 2008

My favorite smily is the "headbanger" one that existed sometime ago.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post14 Jun 2008

... besides, they don't have one for "irony alert".

I think your stage should be more stable, Bhai. Not so many emotions.

bkti-pit

Independent, free thinking BK

Post14 Jun 2008

alladin wrote:This is most important especially for posters whose mother tongue is not English and may therefore encounter extra difficulties in expressing their opinion and even more, feelings. :D

I am one of them! :oops:

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post15 Jun 2008

:mrgreen: :shock: :-? :| ;) :oops:
PreviousNext

Return to Admin