[Notice] Vacation time for members travelling or meeting

for site notices and tech support. Please keep the main forums on topic.

bansy

Re: [Notice] Vacation time for members travelling or meeting

Post01 Jul 2008

Will be out for most of the next few months (just like BapDada :oops: ). Except mine is not for vacation but business (but I will make it seem like vacation :D). He gets to go to Paradham and I get to go to ... Beijing. Well, someone has to go to Paramdham :D.

So hope you all have a nice summer, and I'll show you my golden tan later (on my toe, that is). Be good.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post01 Jul 2008

Nia Hau Bansy

Enjoy and thanx.

joel

ex-BK

Post01 Jul 2008

Wishing you safe travels and good times.

See you here again in a few months!

Joel

arjun

PBK

Post07 Jul 2008

Omshanti. I will not be available on the forum for one or two days as I am going to attend the marriage of one of our close family friends in another city.
Regards,
Arjun

bansy

Post12 Jul 2008

Thanks paulkershaw and joel, just back for the weekend and then off again.

bansy

Post30 Jul 2008

OK, this is really it. 8 more days to go.

Sites will be checked and blocked so maybe some browsing but no posting. Will be back when I can complete the sales of face and gas masks, and rip as much money off tourists by selling badges (now where did I get that idea !) :D :oops:

arjun

PBK

Post10 Sep 2008

Omshanti. I will be on vacation/tour for the next 12 days and hence I will not be able to access internet as frequently as I am do now. However, except the days of journey, I will try to visit internet cafes at least once a day to keep track of the discussions on the forum.
Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

bansy

Post12 Sep 2008

Hi all
I am having some problems with my old PC, it keeps rebooting itself and sometimes it just halts. So, I need to get it checked even though I have run several antivirus and spyware programs on it. I may be totally disconnected for a few days or even a week as my PC will be at the vendor for repairs. I made a backup of the system (I had to buy an external drive to do it). My PC is on vacation :sad: !

PS : Thanks for replies on the Loss of Lokik member thread. Some brave but experienced souls here on this forum. I'll get back to you later on it.

bansy

Post17 Sep 2008

Hi all

I am still struggling with PC as it grinds to halt. In any case, I will be away for a few weeks. So keep up the talks.

Wasn't quite sure how the Paralympic athletes felt when thousands of dollars were being burnt up in the firework skies.

Paralympics and AIG-Lehmans fiasco in one week, which one got more headlines ...

Be good.

joel

ex-BK

Post17 Sep 2008

bansy wrote:I am still struggling with PC as it grinds to halt. In any case, I will be away for a few weeks. So keep up the talks. Wasn't quite sure how the Paralympic athletes felt when thousands of dollars were being burnt up in the firework skies. Paralympics and AIG-Lehmans fiasco in one week, which one got more headlines ... Be good.

Tried to PM you ... did not work, so I am posting here.

-----

Hi Bansy,

Wish you safe travels. Are you going to the Paralympics?

Regarding your computer, I wonder if you have identified whether your problem is software or hardware.

A software problem can be fixed by tinkering (or reinstalling) software alone.

To exclude hardware problems, an easy way is to burn a copy of Damn Small Linux to a CD-ROM, and then try to boot from that disk. If it does, that means that much of your system is OK. Sometimes Linux will detect memory problems that Windows doesn't. Linux, in the tradition of Unix, usually provides informative error messages.

System error messages are in /var/log/kern.log, or available by typing 'dmesg' at the command prompt.

Glad to hear you have taken a backup copy of your system.

Good luck with that. Appreciate your maturity and the stability you bring to forum, like the keel of a seaworthy boat.

Joel

bansy

Post19 Sep 2008

Thanks joel for the kind words. I am sure your own boat can go beyond the Americas Cup and to the other shore. I hope the forum gets the best out of everyone too.

I was back from the Paraolympics but not in the games but on the outskirts of the city this time, work not much play. Judging from Gyan, all the athletes who were disabled and handicapped were due to their own karma, and even though such souls are always in need of upliftment (especially when the games are over and they return back to their normal daily lives), I did not see a BK in sight.

I am afraid I am not really technical although I have tried in the past few years. My PC is still strange, maybe it has been possessed :shock:. I better give it some sakaash :D.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post28 Oct 2008

Ta ra everyone, will be back next week. Off to the Dolphins again on healing retreat and just in time too! Don't do anything I wouldn't do whilst I am away ... ;)

tinydot

ex-BK

Post30 Oct 2008

See you soon, paul!

Enjoy!

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post10 Dec 2008

'Tis the season to be merry - and me and my other are off to Thailand for three weeks of sun, sand and fun.

Best wishes to all we send , "Happy Festive Season and a blessed 2009"

We'll be back soon.

joel

ex-BK

Post10 Dec 2008

Safe trip and blessed life. Keep an eye on the ocean!
PreviousNext

Return to Admin