Original 1940 Anti-Om Mandli Book found

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

warrior

working towards unification

Re: Original 1940 Anti-Om Mandli Book found

Post14 Oct 2013

dany wrote:The mysterious "Sadhu" definately holds the key to expose the secrets of his relation with Lekhraj and The BKWSU as a whole, but I presume it is long since he is gone !

Yes, long time ago. Some of the holy man were invited by Lekhraj to Hyderabad Sindh to conduct the sangathans. It was a way to gather attention of the society on the new adventure of Lekhraj's. He initially stated the gatherings in his own home and as the followers were increasing so he purchased new place in 1931, built a 3 store building to accommodate the members. The sadhus definitely played an important role in the foundation of the Om Mandli.

ex-l

ex-BKWSU

Post14 Oct 2013

I heard that yet another copy of this book has gone missing from publicly held records in mysterious circumstances. Can you confirm this?

Are there any other interesting development in the history department ?

warrior

working towards unification

Post24 Oct 2013

ex-l wrote:I heard that yet another copy of this book has gone missing from publicly held records in mysterious circumstances. Can you confirm this?

Are there any other interesting development in the history department ?

Yeah, the vanishing book is a good story that I personally experienced in India/Pakistan.

One ingredient for this is that as soon as a foreigner becomes interested in a rare book, as this one, it raises the eyebrows of the librarians. The librarian or library workers hide the book out of curiosity, so they can read later on. An incident like this happened in Karachi with this Om Mandli book.

Yes, no doubt the BKs surveyed all libraries also.

The history department is moving on slowly due to lack of cooperation.

Thanks

Arbit

Post24 Sep 2014

I had a few questions about the BK history post these court cases. Hopfully someone can answer, or point me in the right direction.

Why was Dada Lekhraj not summoned for questioning since most allegations were against him and not Om Radhe or the Om Mandali itself?

Did he respond to any of these allegations?

Why did these court cases peter out? Were there more?

After these allegations, how did Om Mandali continue to operate? Did these cases infuriate more parents? Did they try harder to take their children away?

A few posters and one or two books by Om Radhe give some idea of the Om Mandali thinking in the 1940s. But unlike these court cases of 1930s there appear to be no independent accounts of how the Om Mandali conducted itself in the 1940s. Are there more documents or indications of more documents?

Thanks,
Arbit

ex-l

ex-BKWSU

Post24 Sep 2014

Have you read the whole of the reply to 'Is this Justice?' by the Bhaibund Om Mandli committee?

From memory, I think the simple answer is it never got the stage of a court case with witness called, i.e. 'had' to attended. There is reference to someone speaking to Lekhraj Kirpalani and lot of wrangling over the legal status of the Tribunal and it's right to demand individuals to attended. It's seems to have depended on individuals goodwill to cooperate, which Lekhraj Kirpalani did not. Or perhaps was in no state to?

To answer your last question, yes there are more papers and research and - I think two criminal cases - but it's not public yet. Making things public tends to lead to things disappearing, or doors being closed by the BKWSU.

I'd have to go back and re-read the book which I do not have time for right now. The strongest conclusions I took from it was that
    a) Lekhraj Kirpalani/the Om Mandli's lawyer was very wriggly and they do not play it straight at all
    b) The setting up of the committee and the transfer of Lekhraj Kirpalani's assets and wealth to it was a facade which was done to protect them from individuals within the community who were legally threatening him ... and not any divine or feminist reason as the BKs re-interpret today.
With reference to a) I did have his name written down somewhere, perhaps even here on the forum, but the legal defences etc were clearly not written by Om Radhe. She was just being used as a obstruction/distraction and mouth piece.

You could help us find out by asking the BKWSU for their latest official position ... I won't hold my breath but thank you in advance if you do.

BK HRITIK

Post20 May 2017

Anyway, I feel my soul more pure after getting attached with BKs.

Moreover, the negative karmas which I used to do are vanishing, which is the best part of the life to get spiritual.

So, is the proof to be a BK for me.

Om Shanti !! :D

Pink Panther

Post20 May 2017

BK Hritik,

yes, one can experience benfits from BK lifestyle but like any fast or feast, exercise regime or sleep, work or holiday - there is a question of cost-benefit to be weighed up along with dose and duration. You can have ‘too much of a good thing”. Even too much pure water can kill you.

Addiction usually begins with a great experience or series of great experiences, then once that wears off, the rest of the time is chasing that again , and again - and it reminds you and you keep chasing it. Not so bad if it stops you doing worse things, but not so good if you are now taking your eye from the next thing you SHOULD be doing to improve yourself, which may not be BK-oriented - but the BK will try to keep you spending your capital in their shop. They will NEVER say to you - you have taken as much as you need from here, go elsewhere to another teacher. No, it will always be - this is the only place.

Enjoy it while you are new and feeling the benefit of some discipline but look out for the entrapment language and behaviours, the peer group coercion ...
Previous

Return to The BKWSU