Dadi Prakashmani

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

ex-l

ex-BK

Dadi Prakashmani

Post27 Aug 2007

By now you know I am interested in a truthful and accurate history of the BKWSU and have criticized the fictionalized accounts of Lekhraj Kirpalani's and Dadi Janki's own details and involvement.

A quick look at the current PR referenced to the list of individuals provided by Om Radhe in 1938.
BKWSU wrote:Dadi Prakashmani, the Chief of Brahma Kumaris left her mortal body in Shantivan, Abu Road today at 10:05 A.M. She was aged 87.

In 1937, when the Brahma Kumaris organisation was being established as a small trust in Sind under the name 'Om Mandali', 14 year old Kumari Rama decided to join it and dedicate her life to the spiritual upliftment of humanity. Chosen as one of its original eight trustees, she was given the spiritual name 'Prakashmani' ('Jewel of Light').

Firstly, there is no evidence of any "Trust" dated in the 1930s. There was only a management committee. She lived in Hyderabad and the Mandli was in Karachi by then.

2007 less 87 gives a date of birth in 1920. The BKWSU says she joined in 1937 aged 14 ... but in 1937 she would have been 17.
    Did she join in 1937 or 1934?
Did they have to change the date as they did the 1932 retirement and restart the Yagya in 1936 as per the current version of history. Is there some cover up going on here?

In 1938, as below, she would have been 15 ... or 18 ... depending on which figure the BKWSU gives you go by.
    But where is her name on the list?
Which one of the original trustees was she? Does anyone know? The only Rama on the list is 18 years old and I am pretty sure a male name not a female. There are NO 15 year olds on the list of the original 8 ... so what is going on?

BKWSU presents Om Mandli as a "self-sufficient" community. I am not sure if this is entirely accurate as self-sufficiency essentially goes hand in hand with sustainability and this was definitely not so. They were spending Baba's money and depended later on external donations.
Om Radhe wrote:Om Mandli Managing Committee

1 Radhi Pokardas Rajwani 22 unmarried Haroo Sadhwani Paro
2 Palu Motiram Dhanrajmal 22 married Hirabad, Hyderabad
3 Parpati Nanikram Wasvani 21 unmarried Hotchand Vishindas
4 Roopvanti Hassaram Balani 24 married Haroo Sadhwani Paro
5 Sundri Karamchand Mahtani 17 unmarried Old Hospital
6 Gudi Kewalram Mahitani 28 married Pishori Paro
7 Rama Gopal Hathiramani 18 male Old Hospital
8 Radhika Kishinchand Kirpalani 26 married Om Nivas
9 Motil Ratanchand Surtani 18 unmarried Bachal Shah Incline

Co-opted
10 Lila Rijhumal Sukhrani 15 unmarried Om Nivas
11 Mithi Naraindas Daswani 18 unmarried Om Nivas
12 Lachmi Parmanand Daswni 17 married Om Nivas
13 Rukmani P. Hathiramani 36 married Mathradas Sobhraj Bdg - Bholi
14 Gopi Hashmatrai Hathiramani Women's Hospital
15 Sati Bhojraj Wadhwani 18 married Wadhwani Lane
16 Lachhmi Sobhraj Chulani 40 married Bachal Shah Jo Pir
17 Sati Rijhumal Sakhrani 45 married Om Nivas
18 Jasoda Lekhraj Kripalani 45 married Om Nivas

arjun

PBK

Post27 Aug 2007

ex-l wrote:But where is her name on the list?

I think her original name was Rama Gopaldas Hathiramani. I saw this name as one of the 'aliases' of Dadi Prakashmani in a document filed in an Indian court by a non-BK. I do not know what was the basis of that person writing Dadi Prakashmani as 'alias Dadi Kumarka' and 'alias Ramagopaldas Hathiramani.'

The list of Om Mandali Management trust that you have mentioned also contains this name, but it is mentioned as male. May be the sex was mentioned wrongly in that list.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

ex-l

ex-BK

Post27 Aug 2007

arjun wrote:I think her original name was Rama Gopaldas Hathiramani. I saw this name as one of the 'aliases' of Dadi Prakashmani in a document filed in an Indian court by a non-BK. I do not know what was the basis of that person writing Dadi Prakashmani as 'alias Dadi Kumarka' and 'alias Ramagopaldas Hathiramani.'

That is a very masculine name, is it not? But it works out correctly for the age, 18 in 1938 which means she must have joined the satasangs NOT in 1937 but in 1934.

1934 is interesting because she speaking about how at the first time of meeting Lekhraj Kirpalani, she experience a deep spiritual experience whilst he was chanting OM. So it adds to our picture of the early times suggesting that the period from 1932 was not, say, the time when Lekhraj Kirpalani followed gurus.

I tend to believe in the memories of such first powerful experiences where I would not over malleable details such as dates and ages. I find it funny that the BKWSU have not done their mathematics here again, opening a crack of a door for us to look through and underlining again their unreliability when it comes to hard facts.

So, Dadi Prakashmani joined in 1934 and was then appointed to the managing committee in 1938 ... what I am digging at here is the disappearing or erasure of the period 1932 to 1938 when what evidence we have suggests Narayan Shewakram was on the outsides of the organization. I am wondering also about the disappearance Golden Circle, if she was so key, you would have known what happened. Obvious, I am attempting to overturn some rock to uncover what really happened.

It would appear that Prakashmani has taken some secrets to her grave and we risk losing them for ever and drowning in the myth account instead.

tete

friends or family of a BK

Prakashmani's DOB is listed as 1/1/1924 per this document.

Post22 Dec 2007

COUNCIL for PARITY DEMOCRACY
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

19 Mulready House Herrick Street Westminster London England SW1P 4JL
Tel & Fax + 44 20 7834 1309 Mobile + 44 79 32 79 44 32 Email shequality @ gmail.com
http://www.shequality.org
Honorary Secretary
Raymond Lloyd

2500 BIRTHDAYS of DISTINGUISHED LIVING WOMEN for 2005
Opportunities for Appreciation & Encouragement Day of Birth (DoB) Order
2500 individuals 160 countries first issued 26 July 1990 updated 18 April 2005
£ 220 US$ 500 400 Euros @ Raymond Lloyd

# Persons portrayed on UN medals struck in the 1970s at the initiative of the writer

Birthday Woman of distinction Country "First", Other Achievements or Position Biodata
(*portrait)
1 Jan 1903 Marthe Louise Vogt Germany pharmacologist WW
1 Jan 1907 Lesley Blanch Britain travel writer WW
1 Jan 1907 Doris G Fisher Britain Kent headmistress WW
1 Jan 1907 Marion Rhodes Britain painter WW
1 Jan 1909 Jacqueline Hope-Wallace Britain civil servant WW
1 Jan 1924 Dadi Prakashmani India administrative head Brahma Kumaris worldwide RL
1 Jan 1927 Rosa Baglanova Kazakstan actress Moslem women's leader WWW
1 Jan 1932 Jean Enid Skuse Australia gen sec Australian Council of Churches 1976-88 WWW
1 Jan 1936 Eve Queler U S A orchestra conductor CW
1 Jan 1963 Salma G Mohamed Sudan Paralympic discus thrower ATH*
1 Jan 1964 Shima (Hasemah Abu Hazim) Malaysia textile artist RL
1 Jan 1978 Meseret Tegegn Ethiopia Paralympic swimmer ATH*
1 Jan 1980 Kadi Nikiema Burkina Faso Paralympic athlete ATH*

2 Jan 1922 Blaga Dimitrova Bulgaria poet; vice-president of republic 1992-93 WWW
2 Jan 1936 Seiko Takahashi Japan dep exec sec UN Econ Comm for Asia (ESCAP) WWW
2 Jan 1939 Kay Orr U S A governor Nebraska 1987-91 WAW
2 Jan 1947 Eva Elisabet Berglin Sweden cardiothoracic surgeon WWW
2 Jan 1968 Anky van Grunsven Netherlands Olympic dressage champion
2 Jan 1969 Christy Turlington U S A fashion model WWW

3 Jan 1911 Eirlys Roberts Britain consumer leader
3 Jan 1926 Marie Clay New Zealand educator WWW
3 Jan 1934 Carla Hills U S A lawyer; US trade representative 1989-92
3 Jan 1943 Susan Murch Morrison U S A United Methodist bishop Albany 1988-
3 Jan 1946 Lita Albuquerque U S A artist sculptor WWW
3 Jan 1946 Molly Murphy MacGregor U S A women's historian CW
3 Jan 1948 Klarisse Nienhuys Netherlands environmentalist RL
3 Jan 1983 Evelyne Cantanhede Brazil Paralympic blind goalball player ATH*

4 Jan 1904 Renuka Ray India Bengali social worker IWA
4 Jan 1914 Jane Wyman U S A actress arthritis worker MCM
4 Jan 1923 Leela Menon India social worker women's leader Kerala
4 Jan 1929 Marion Reid Canada lieutenant-governor Pr Edward Is 1990-95
4 Jan 1937 Grace Bumbry U S A soprano DO IWW
4 Jan 1983 Yui-Chong Chan Hong Kong China Paralympic wheelchair fencer ATH*
4 Jan 1985 Danielle Campo Canada Paralympic swimming champion CAB

-----
This is the 25th cumulative list of birthdays of distinguished living women, drawn up to invite the reader to send to the persons named annual letters of encouragement and appreciation, not least when your birthday coincides with that of the person listed. Addresses, where not self-evident, can often be found in the reference books cited, in alphabetical order and by category, on the two final pages 43-44. Also, details of very many persons can now be found on the Internet, through such search engines as http://www.google.com, and often have their own website, or one created by admirers. The achievement described is that valid when the person was first listed. The 2500 total includes 200 persons on previous lists who have since died, and whose names are now found in the writer's "50- and 100-Year Anniversaries of 5500 Distinguished Women of History 2000-2055", a database which can be repeated and enhanced every 50 years. Also, some of the women listed here, especially those from faraway places, may have since died: it is hard enough to obtain dates of birth, even harder to obtain dates of death.

Document continues for another 19 pages.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post07 Jan 2008

I noticed a website for Dadi Prakashmani worshippers, here; www.DadiMaa.in. What is that? "Big Sister Mother"?
dadimaa.in wrote:In 1937, at the time of establishment of Brahma Kumaris institution in the form of a small trust in the name of Om Mandali in Sind, Kumari Rama at the age of 14, joined it and dedicated her life for the spiritual upliftment of humanity. She was chosen as one of its original eight trustees and was given the divine name Prakashmani meaning the jewel of light.

In 'Is This Justice' by Om Radhe, dated 1938, it states;
    Rama Gopal Hathiramani aged 18 - Dadi Prakashmani
Just a little detail? The early period of the history is all messed up and I think it was not a trust, it was a just committee as a front. So which is wrong?

arjun

PBK

Post07 Jan 2008

www.dadimaa.in wrote:Dadi Prakashmaniji
Born Saint
Mother of Universe
An Embodiment of Peace
A Real Jewel
Great Administrative

If Dadi Prakashmani ji is the Mother of Universe, then what is Om Radhey Mama believed to be Jagdamba Saraswati by the BKs?

Return to The BKWSU