BKs, Janki and Mother Teresa of Calcutta

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

ex-l

ex-BK

BKs, Janki and Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Post07 Oct 2007

There is a photography, well used by the BKs, of Janki and Mother Teresa of Calcutta. One of their series of "Us with Famous People" Collection. What caught my eye is that in it, it is Mother Teresa that is bowing to Janki and not the other way around. Well, what a natural way for an ignorant impure Shudra to treat the forthcoming Emperor of the Golden Age ... a BK might think.

Having a conversation the other day with a BK, pukka for more than 21 years, they told me there is another story to the Shiv Shakti Army's sortie into Mother Teresa's territory. I am not 100% of the details, e.g. but the source was very good. The story went ... the BKs rolled up at a Mother Teresa ashram expecting a warm welcome and a ready made audience to "service". Basically, they got talked down, specifically disrespected for turning up wearing expensive saris and accused of not doing any really service whatsoever. They got no where at all. Well done.

Elsewhere I had a callous laugh at the BK selling Janki within the Janki Foundation for "looking the sick" in her young. Basically a huge fabrication that, in my opinion, was designed to give the impression that Janki WAS a "Mother Teresa" and marketing into Mother Teresa territory. It seems she helped out in the sick bay of Madhuban at some point but not even enough to make it into Vishwa Ratan's memoires.

Does this therefore not make this quite a disgusting photo for the BKWSU leadership to use to give them 'status by association' and impress their followers? Does anyone have any more details?
|
Dadi Janki "Bringing Benefit" to Mother Teresa ...|(post 16,104)

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

Post08 Oct 2007

Does this therefore not make this quite a disgusting photo for the BKWSU leadership to use to give them 'status by association' and impress their followers? Does anyone have any more details?

Yes. But wasn't it always their modus operandi from the Om Mandli days?

earl

PBK

A visit to Mother Teresa's Ashram Calcutta

Post11 Oct 2007

I visited the Mother Teresa Ashram in Calcutta around 7 years ago. The visit was arranged by the BK Museum Centre in Town. I was told that the Mother Teresa Ashram was friendly with BKs in Calcutta. I was accompanied by BK Ram-Swarup of Calcutta. We met one of the head Nuns who chatted in a friendly way and then we were shown Mother Teresa's Samadhi room and had meditation there. I forgot to bring a gift as traditional. The Nuns were very nice and peaceful. The visit was for about 30 minutes. When we left we were given mother teresa medals as a gift.

The Mother Teresa home for the sick and dying is near the Kali temple in a different part of the city. We visited the Ashram where the nuns reside.

Return to The BKWSU