Postal Stamp of Brahma Baba

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

arjun

PBK

Postal Stamp of Brahma Baba

Post21 Jun 2008

Omshanti.

The other day I was searching my purse for something and I found an old stamp of Brahma Baba that I had saved from my BK days. The BKs had managed to convince the Department of Post, Goverment of India to release this stamp in the early 1990s. Many functions were organized by the BKs all over India to mark the occasion.

While the Murli clearly directed them that they should try to get a stamp on Trimurti released, the BKs got this stamp released which has just a portrait of Brahma Baba along with 'Prajapita Brahma' written on it. Well, how could have anyone understood from the stamp about the role of God Shiva played through him? At the most it caused the revelation of Brahma Baba and the BKWSU to a certain extent.

Brahma Baba stamp.jpg
Brahma Baba stamp.jpg (14.29 KiB) Viewed 6393 times

Regards,
On Godly Service,
Arjun

chai bhai

BK

Re: Postal Stamp on Brahma Baba

Post22 Jun 2008

Hello arjun,

yes, I have one too. A first day cover in fact. I always wondered why it was not Shiva, or the Trimurti as you say. Then at least there is some connection to god for people. Although I do kind of understand why the Seniors push Brahma Baba - they adored him so. No doubt this is why they made the stamp but Brahma Baba never wanted it. He did not even want his picture taken. I remember we were also discouraged from taking snaps in the early days too. Anyway ... drama you could say. All things are good. It is hard for them (Seniors) I think to separate loving Brahma a lot, promoting Brahma and promoting the organisation. To me they are all quite distinct, but I think many see them as one and the same.

I remember telling an Indian Sister one time that I wanted to teach people meditation but not promote the BKWSU. And she was astounded, saying that it is the same thing. I lived in India some time back and they do not separate things in the way that we do. I am a Videshi Bhai and maybe you are an Indian Bhai, so you would have that culture anyway. But for us from 'industrialised' nations, we are used to clear distinctions. It must have been very interesting to have lived through that time in the 1930's with so much love and belonging for people, even if The Knowledge was not clear, it did not seem to matter for people because of the love and the peace.

Oh, I think I rambled on a bit. But anyway. I will not have the computer soon so I should make the most of it and post while i can.
Om Shanti,
chai Bhai

ex-l

ex-BK

Post22 Jun 2008

chai Bhai wrote:It is hard for them (Seniors) I think to separate loving Brahma a lot, promoting Brahma and promoting the organisation.

I think that since the discovery and publicity of the early material from the 1930s and 40s by this forum, it is easy to see why the senior are hung up on Lekhraj Kirpalani. For 20 years he was their "God Prajapati Brahma", the Gita Inventor. There was no Shiva. Janki for one, is clearly implicated in the Brahma worship and we know why. 20 years is a LONG time for mental conditioning. I am still fascinated by the transition, how and why it came about, the discussions that were had about burying the past and so on. I think we have to be careful when we tar all Indians with the same brush. There are plenty of conscious, educated, intelligent and discriminate Indians.

You mentioned the Post-1950 transformation was common knowledge now. Do you have any reports of those revelations and discussions? I think it is worth underlining out that it was not that the senior were confused by the difference the two Babas Lekhraj Kirpalani and Shiva (which is what they say to people) ... there was no god other than Lekhraj Kirpalani.

That it is all clearly against Shrimat, it indicates again that the Brahma Kumaris have left the path of Gyan. Since it has been point out to them nicely ... why do they persist?

ramkumar

Post01 Jul 2008

:oops: Tuch Buddhi Manushya, Dimag ko apne thik kar. GOD ke liye questions raise karta hai. Sharir chodega fhir royega, Kahega Baba maaf kar do.

Abhi bhi sudhar jao aap sabhi nahi to ...

tom

ex-BK

Post01 Jul 2008

Hi, ramkumar,

What do you want to say - in English - please ?

arjun

PBK

Post01 Jul 2008

tom wrote:Hi, ramkumar, what do you want to say -in English- please ?

"Petty-minded human being, reform your brain. You are raising questions about God. You would cry after you leave your body. You will say - Baba, pardon me.

Every one of you! Reform yourself even now. Otherwise ...
    "
    :D
Welcome to the forum Ramkumar (son of Ram) :D .

With regards,
OGS,
Arjun

Return to The BKWSU