50 years for Destruction, 50 years for Creation

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

ex-l

ex-BK

50 years for Destruction, 50 years for Creation

Post22 Nov 2008

A quick revision for newcomers ... a few things the Brahma Kumaris wont have told you and don't want you to know.

In the 80s, the BKWSU had God in the Murlis stating that the Confluence Age (the age between Iron Age Hell and Golden Age Heaven according to the Brahma Kumaris) was "50 years for Destruction, 50 years for Creation".

That was 1936 to 2036 ... before we discovered that Lekhraj Kirpalani had retired in 1932.
By the mid-80s, the Murlis were already stating 50 to 60 years for Destruction. We had no idea they were re-writing them.

We had no idea that the God of the BKs had said that WWII was Destruction. They never told us.

Nor that he, Lekhraj Kirpalani, had said the Yagya was 14 years long ending in 1950. They never told us. It had been written out of their history.

Nor that they said Destruction was going to happen in 1976. They had hidden that.

I suspect that BK joining today are not told about any of these or the Year 2000 scares ... how are they re-writing the Murlis now?

Destruction ... Destruction ... Destruction ... 2 to 3 years ... 2 to 3 years ... 2 to 3 years. That is what they say as they pull the Rupees out of your wallets.

Fancy a gamble ...?

jann

friends or family of a BK

Re: 50 years for Destruction, 50 years for Creation

Post23 Nov 2008

And what did they tell in 2000, after the word was still here, that God made a mistake, or was it a test? And how many BK's left the sect after that i wonder.

tom

ex-BK

Post23 Nov 2008

jannisder wrote:And what did they tell in 2000, after the word was still here, that God made a mistake, or was it a test? And how many BK's left the sect after that i wonder.

Nothing happened. Nobody i know has left the sect because of this event which matched also with the Millenium Bug (Y2K) event.

Some time before the end of 1999 we got a special letter from Dadi Prakashmani telling us to store up food and water for an eventual crisis period. I saw this letter uploaded in the Library somewhere. We shared this order with the pukka ones in the center and collected some money amongst us for shopping, made our preparations in the center and in our homes as much as we could. We bought even water containers for one tonne or so. And never talked about it later.

As nothing happened later we knew we were not ready yet. Because "Baba was seeing that we BKs were not having enough Yoga to burn our past karma and to transform ourselves!!"

In almost every second BabDada Meeting he was giving us "6 months time" to finish our weaknesses and to get ready! Of course to finish the stored dry food took several months.

It is almost impossible for a "normal" reasonable human being to understand the mindset of a brainwashed follower of a doomsday cult.

Whatever unknown conditions (different for each of us) prepared us to surrender ourselves to "Baba" and to the leadership- does not matter, my peers and myself we were all ready to sacrifice our lives to give an end to the suffering on this world.
This motivation is the common denominator of all bona fides BKs i know. Maybe some day some psychiatrist will find out why.

"Baba" was telling us every week more than once in the Murlis "Don't you hear the cries of the innocent ones? " We were believing that the cries of all starving children and tortured women would end when we Brahmins could get rid of our weaknesses, became angels and clean the elements of this world with our Yoga. At that moment the upheaval would be triggered which would give an end to this incredible suffering on this world and start the beginning of a new peaceful world.

bkti-pit

Independent, free thinking BK

Post23 Nov 2008

I was not there at the time of the WW II prophecy and I had never heard about it.

I was not there in 1976 but I had heard about it, through the vines ... However, it seemed that it had just been a construction of some BKs' interpretation of the 100 years of the Confluence Age as being related to the fact that Brahma Baba would have been 100 years old in 1976 if he had still been alive. From the few Avyakt Murlis that I had read from pre 1976, it seemed to me that Baba never actually said it but just picked up on it to motivate the BKs. It is only when I joined the Forum that I found out the truth about that.

I was around for the 2000 thing though and it was never said that it was going to be Destruction. It was simply a Y2K related fear.

However, there are always some Destruction rumors circulating around in the BK world. The 2002 was a common one based on the idea of dividing the Confluence Age in 33 years of Sakar Baba (1936-1969), 33 years of Avyakt Baba (1969-2002) and 33 years of reconstruction/establishment of the New World during which Brahma Baba would have been reborn as Krishna.

The most common one these days is the 2012 theory. The present global financial crisis is also believed by many to be a sign that it is imminent and there are a lot of people talking about stocking up ...

jann

friends or family of a BK

Post24 Nov 2008

Whatever it is, I just hope people will recognize their blessing of having a (lokik) family, friends and a whole bunch of things to do for fun and more. (like study, a career and raising a family).

Do not even think of Destruction, they were wrong for the past 2008 years. Do not wait for, prepare for it, or live like it. There is so much that can be lost, beside the world.

Most of it is your world.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post24 Nov 2008

bkti-pit wrote:I was not there in 1976 but I had heard about it ... it seemed that it had just been a construction of some BKs' interpretation of the 100 years of the Confluence Age as being related to the fact that Brahma Baba would have been 100 years old in 1976 if he had still been alive.

Thank you for your view from the inside. The story you relate I have heard. I, too, was surprised when I saw that it was in the Murli and on the official God sanctioned posters. The leadership's habit of dishonestly blaming followers, downplaying failures and covering up the truth is common. There is also the problem of the timing of Lekhraj Kirpalani's rebirth as Krishna and his coronation as Narayan signaling the start of the Golden Age which meant that he had to be reincarnated by now ... that seems to have been swept under the carpet too in the rush for corporate consulting jobs.

In India, the mood was a little different with leaders telling followers to remove money from banks and so on. I remember there was a book published specifically noted with the Dadi's blessings;

"Year 2000 Doomed: Mankind Destroyed' [Exclusive Report on Imminent World Destruction]" by Keerthi Kelegama 1998. ISBN 955-95823-3-X.
Here are some quotes from it;
Keerthi Kelegama wrote:Brahmakumaris say that the world destruction takes place in every 5000 years and that 5000 years have already passed after the previous destruction. Soon the new world order would be started with 900,000 people after destroying the rest ...

Brahmakumaris World Spiritual University affiliated to the United Nations Department of Public Information as a non-governmental organisation teaches that in every 5000 years world destruction takes place and now is the time for it ...

Brahmakumaris also expect the world destruction to take place immediately followed by the birth of Krishna once again ...

There must be 900,000 pure souls who are ready to take over the new world order (Golden Age) before the destruction would begin. When the Golden Age [Sath Yug] comes after the world destruction, it would only be heaven on earth. People there would literally be deities.

bkti-pit

Post24 Nov 2008

tom wrote:We were believing that the cries of all starving children and tortured women would end when we Brahmins could get rid of our weaknesses, became angels and clean the elements of this world with our Yoga. At that moment the upheaval would be triggered which would give an end to this incredible suffering on this world and start the beginning of a new peaceful world.

This is truly what the BKWSU teaches and most BKs believe.

Although I and others certainly became better persons through the practice of Raja Yoga, the day that we will have gotten rid of our weaknesses does not seem anywhere near and I have yet to see the proof of the power of our Yoga on matter.

It is sad that the best we can offer to alleviate the sufferings of the world is hoping for Destruction and considering that children are starving and women are tortured as a return for their karma.

yogi108

BK

Post25 Nov 2008

BKti-pit... power of Yoga on matter... well havent you relished eating a nice meal cooked by a good yogi and felt the difference... havent you been tied a rakhi and seen the atmospher change.. . isnt that all matter being effected by Yoga?

Yogi

tom

ex-BK

Post25 Nov 2008

yogi108 wrote:havent you relished eating a nice meal cooked by a good yogi and felt the difference... havent you been tied a rakhi and seen the atmospher change.. . isnt that all matter being effected by Yoga?

My observations are, that during these long hours of rakhi tying ceremony the BKs on the gaddi and the other BKs in the audience are channeled to the spirits and get influenced. But the neutral visitors in the audience don't feel anything. I heard some new ones criticizing later what a boring theater it was.

I wonder how it is possible that the Seniors after 50 years long rakhi tying ceremonies and nonstop Yoga in their isolated pure atmosphere and eating the best meal cooked by yogis, don't change a bit, lie nonstop, run after money and celebrities, don't do anything with their filthy money and hundred thousands of obedient "children" to remove the poverty and suffering from earth?

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post25 Nov 2008

the day that we will have gotten rid of our weaknesses does not seem anywhere near

As long as one focusses on ones' weaknesses, one is losing power. Better to think that the day that we have taken hold of our power and using it for humanity's betterment - then creation will happen. I remember that in my BK days I was obsessed with removing weaknessed that I'd perceived within myself. Surely light is stronger than darkness?

bkti-pit

Post25 Nov 2008

paulkershaw wrote:As long as one focuses on ones' weaknesses, one is losing power.

I very much agree with you Paul.

I also agree with what you say Tom.

A lot of what we perceive as change in the atmosphere or good vibes in the food, etc, is very subjective and not unique to BKs. Any group of believers has this kind of experiences. I do not say that it has no value but it is no proof.

I do see how matter as an influence on me but, although I like to believe that mind as an effect on matter, it is not so obvious.

I did experience the negative influence of restaurant food or food prepared by non yogis on my mood in my early days but it is difficult to say how much of it is real. About a year ago I visited a non BK friend and stayed with him for a few days. He is vegetarian and celibate but is a badly depressed person. I did not feel anything wrong with the food he prepared.

I have spent a lot of times in Peace Village and I have seen people praising the food but I have seen the kitchen in a total chaos with lots of noise, often Sisters fighting and often times the floor, walls and counter tops in a mess.

I had many wonderful experiences during Rakhi tying but my best ones were with simple bottom rank Sisters, not with the big guns like Dadi Janki, Jayanti or Big Mohini, etc. I tend to think that it was more an effect of my own mind and my own feelings.

I still like to believe in the power of purity, the power of pure and elevated thoughts and feelings and I do experience it to some extent in my life but I think that us BKs often fool ourselves about our "power of Yoga". I always understood the purpose and proof of Yoga to be self transformation first but, as Tom rightly says, even those who are considered to be the top most yogis do not seem to have figured it out yet.

So unless there are some incognito powerful ones, we do not seem anywhere near the Destruction and renewal times.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post25 Nov 2008

I feel that Destruction has already happened and now we're in a period of creation. Creation of a new way of being, new awareness, new consciousness. The problem may be that the majority of humanity is stuck in old memories and old ways of thinking and being and therefore may still have to experience their own 'Destruction' before being able to rebirth themselves.

rawish9

re

Post26 Nov 2008

Clear mind leads to clear view.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post26 Nov 2008

And what does that mean, rawish?

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post27 Nov 2008

I am glad some-one asked this question, as I wasn't going to go there .... but I am sure Rawish is just agreeing with the post. Any response please, Rawish?

Return to The BKWSU