Kripps Diamonds and Lekhraj Kirpalani's Brother

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

ex-l

ex-BK

Kripps Diamonds and Lekhraj Kirpalani's Brother

Post04 Dec 2008

Like Grandfather like Grandsons ... KrippsDiamonds.com. This jewelry store is run by Lekhraj Kirpalani's descendants. Interestingly, it was started the year before the 1976 BKWSU End of the World Prediction.

What drew my attention was the statement, "The Kirplani Family has been in the Jewelry business since 1912".

Now, the story we were told was that Lekhraj Kirpalani came from a poor humble background and started off grain trading. Can anyone fill in the details? Was 1912 when Lekhraj Kirpalani started into business? They seem to make most of their money off wedding sets and matrimonial rings which is probably what Lekhraj Kirpalani did too. Paradoxical given that the all money went to support his celibate gopi princesses later.
Kripps For Gems Inc was established in 1975 and is incorporated in the State of Maryland, owned and operated by the Kirplani family. The corporation has three separate businesses. The First is the Wholesale arm "Kripps Inc" The second is the retail division "Kripps Jewelers" and the third being "Kripps Diamonds" an internet division.

The Kirplani Family has been in the Jewelry business since 1912. The family does business in Belgium, India, Israel, Hong Kong, Spain, Africa and South America.

Kripps Jewelers, the retail division for Kripps For Gems Inc was established in 1987 in Silver Spring, Maryland. Kripps Jewelers primarily serves the Retail customers. We offer Custom Designs, Repairs, Appraisals and a host of other services besides Jewelry. The Jewelry store has remained in the Woodmoor Shopping Center in Four Corners, Silver Spring for 16 years.

Kripps Diamonds or krippsdiamonds.com is our internet division. Our goal behind Kripps Diamonds is to access customers all over the World. The internet and our web-site gives our "future customers" a chance to see what we offer and what we carry in the convenience of their home or office or wherever their computer is. We have a chance to do business with those who don't have the access to our "bricks and mortar" location. We understand the sensitivity of buying diamonds on the net. For our Beta Testing of our web-site and the internet we did a year long test of selling diamonds on EBAY. We were successful in our test and we are building the web-site to cater to customers who want a real good deal and want the product fast. Therefore we have implemented the web-site to offer products and prices that suit those who want to waste no time in searching for that "perfect" deal.

Our Products listed on the web-site come in different metals such as 14K Gold, 18K Gold, Platinum or 14K & 18K White Gold. Please check with us if we have the item available in a different metal. In most cases the jewelry seen on the web-site could be done in a custom grade of gems and or diamonds that you require.

Please Browse Our Website.
Thank you Kindly,
Prem J. Kirplani
President
Kripps Inc.

yogi108

BK

Re: Kripps Diamonds

Post04 Dec 2008

ex-l,

Kriplani is a common last/family name in the sindhi community. Does not mean that it belongs to Lekhraj? There many of them into jewelry business as well ...

What I heard last is that they have a small shop somewhere in Kolkatta where they used to sell but that has been sold and its some other business now.

Yogi

ex-l

ex-BK

Post04 Dec 2008

Hi.

the original Lekhraj Kirpalani shop was in a "mansion block" in Kolkatta, which was then called "Calcutta" and the capital of India during the British Raj until 1911. Thanks to some intrepid and incognito voyager, there are bigger pictures of it in the Encyclopedia image section. It was by no means grand ... (see below).

Yes, these people advertised themselves, and their business, as directly descendant of Lekhraj Kirpalani. I do not have the details at hand right now but will dig them out if you want. I did not want to post details of them earlier in case the BKs got to them first and nobbled them with sweet toli and virginal Sisters. I'd be interested in the genealogy and any other information they wish to give.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

yogi108

BK

Post05 Dec 2008

Well, that's interesting, since the only survivor from the Lekhraj family is his son Narayan and he also was not very well off. I do remember once his son also came to Madhuban to meet BapDada on 18th January and he looked like a guy from the US ... Interesting connection though ex-l.

No, I am not too keen to see the details of the discovery but I thought you might not know ... how naive of me!!!

Yogi

ex-l

ex-BK

Post18 Oct 2009

Thanks to an anonymous source ...
Prem Kirpalani was a grandson of Lekhraj Kirpalani's Brother.

So who was Lekhraj Kirpalani's Brother? I do not remember him being part of the story and his name does not seem to feature in the list of Om Mandli members.

Prem states the Kripalani's interest in jewelry dates back to 1912 when Lekhraj Kirpalani would be about 28.

likhon10

Re: Kripps Diamonds and Lekhraj Kirpalani's Brother

Post06 May 2014

Well, that's interesting, since the only survivor from the Herakles family is his son Ramayana and he also was not very well off. I do remember once his son also came to meet Bap Dada on 18th January and he looked like a guy from the US.

Return to The BKWSU