Old London (BKWSU Tennyson Road) photos

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

ex-l

ex-BK

Old London (BKWSU Tennyson Road) photos

Post10 Mar 2009

Shame john Morgan is off on a huff right now ... he might be in some of these. I can recognise a few faces ... most are ex-BKs now. Anyone care to stick names, ranks and the story behind them on these?

From, Dadi Janki speeking in English (sister in charge) and http://brahmakumaris.ning.com/.

BK-London1.jpg
BK-London1.jpg (9.46 KiB) Viewed 13688 times

BK-London2.jpg
BK-London2.jpg (10.21 KiB) Viewed 13685 times

BK-London3.jpg
BK-London3.jpg (11.8 KiB) Viewed 14131 times

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Re: Old London (BKWSU Tennyson Road) photos

Post10 Mar 2009

re: Dadi Janki speeking in English (sister in charge) comment

Click on it and guess what ... "Our apologies – this page was not found" - something quicky removed in a mirror response perhaps? ... or just a technical glitch on my server network?

Terry

ex-BK

Post10 Mar 2009

I had no problem with the link. probably your end Paul - try later. Interesting to see brahmakumaris.info as a contributor on the brahmakumaris.ning.com site!

I can put some names to some faces in the photos, not all, but to what end? (I am in one of them) I am wary of names linking people to the BKs who may not want to be anymore, e.g. my first post here, introducing myself, I separated my first and last name by a few words to hopefully avoid me coming up on Google, but it doesn't stop this site coming up if my name is searched (I have asked Admin to edit it, adding ( *) or (-) between letters of my surname to stop that happening, but it is still as it was, and still comes up on a search).

I am happy to use my name here, but otherwise don't want to be publicly associated/identified with BKs anymore (for professional and other reasons).

ex-l: that photo of the group in the street - was no special event. Someone wanted to take a picture after class, that's all. I am the one with the third eye open. I have been in contact with a couple of others in the photos who I do not believe contribute to this site, being happy to get on with their current busy lives.

tete

friends or family of a BK

Post11 Mar 2009

Dadi Janki - Speech in UN - keeper of wisdom

How interesting to note that Dadi Janki is using the images of the Western ex-BKs, when she claims not to know them in person. Tune in tomorrow to 'As the Keeper of Wisdom Turns'. :shock:

eromain

ex-BK

Post12 Mar 2009

Lol, she has turned me off again :-).

ex-l

ex-BK

Post13 Mar 2009

I can see old Shanti Bhavan stalwarts, Dr Peter Iveson (spell?), ex-BK Louis Cennamo (once considered to be one of "the greatest electric bass player in the world" and creator of the electric bowed bass guitar, until he got involved with the Brahma Kumaris). The black guy might be the nervous, and once marginalised now ex-BK, Wesley. Are those the "two Joys", the elder of whom "Values Administrator" Joy Rendell, at least, is still heavily involved. Is that one of the two Simons on the far left, the dark and "funny" one? The front row are all still in the Brahma Kumaris first team, looks like; Maureen Goodman, Waddy (Veronica McHugh), Janki, Sudesh etc. Who is the tall white guy at the back?
tete wrote:How interesting to note that Dadi Janki is using the images of the Western ex-BKs, when she claims not to know them in person.

This relates to recent events where at a public meeting Dadi Janki Kripalani claimed not to know or remember one of the most outstanding (but now ex) early Western BKs.

As I understand it, one was left confused as to whether this was a deliberate ploy to humiliate the individual who had made a sincere effort to come and meet her, or whether she is losing her mind. The latter case is possible for a 92 year old ... but then it would still be strange to note the very subjective nature of her memory that functions very, very well indeed when it comes to individuals with money, property and so on that would be useful to the movement (in my opinion).

What was happening at that time above? If you don't want to mention names, that is fine, you must remember the event?

eromain

ex-BK

Post13 Mar 2009

Where did the music posts go?

Admin wrote:Split to here; Diamond Harbour.

Terry

ex-BK

Post13 Mar 2009

(Speaking of beards in the other post - in the photo in the street below - the guy standing on the far left next to Waddy, shortish, slouched, with a beard - is Anthony Strano).
ex-l wrote:What was happening at that time above? If you don't want to mention names, that is fine, you must remember the event?
terry wrote: on 10th march: that photo of the group in the street - was no special event. Someone wanted to take a picture after class, that's all.

Return to The BKWSU