The BKs take a new direction

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

Mr Green

ex-BK

The BKs take a new direction

Post05 Aug 2009

They seem to be going down the self-esteem, 'woman empowerment' road. Last in GCH they were giving away all the old stock of Hindi posters, literature, cassettes.

The Cycle is dead, long may it repeat next Kalpa.

alladin

no label

Re: The BKs take a new direction

Post06 Aug 2009

Hindi posters, vintage stuff! Do you mean they are discounting those eye catching posters with the soul as driver and the body is the car, or skeletons and and demons with flames as vices, or the family sitting harmoniously at a dining table, each one connected in Yoga through a line, to a dot hanging on top of their heads (ShivBaba)? Great shopping time, I should make it to GCH soon, open a center, and cover the walls with those comic-like posters!

Can any Forum member post any of those pictures here?

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: The BKs take a new direction

Post07 Aug 2009

Mr Green wrote:The Cycle is dead, long may it repeat next Kalpa.

I bet it is not ... I bet it is all just another crumbly layer of deception roughly painted on top of the rough skin and unchangeable core. Another false promise to keep people interested which will be tried out, fail, and then be replaced again later.

And is this "whitewashing", i.e. I radically suggest in this case the 'making Caucasian (white) of the Brahma Kumaris', going to apply as far as India and the Gita pathshalas? I doubt it. I do not see that the leadership considers it in their interest AT ALL to empower its following.

So, if this is true, we now have a two tier, or two caste, religion developing (actually 3, as the leadership see itself as being above both the Hindu and Western wings). Its body heavily Hinduistic and plodding, based largely on fictitious kindergarten stories and nanny leaders; its head painted with a superficial veneer of "white modernity", trumpeting its own glory using the Hindu element for its exotic value.

It sounds a bit like one of those painted elephants you see at Hindu festival really.

On the top sit the Sindis, and their chosen "prince and princess" successors (Kumars and Kumaris), having a free ride and cajoling or whacking the beast to move from time to time.

Just out of interest, has "God" had anything to say about all this or his he out of the New BKWSU too?

Return to The BKWSU