Lekhraj Kirpalani's wife

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

ex-l

ex-BK

Lekhraj Kirpalani's wife

Post11 Sep 2009

At http://brahmakumaris.ning.com, someone asks the question, what about Lekhraj Kirpalani wife? When did she die? Given the huge pomp, ceremony and expense of the self-worshipping senior Sisters of the BKWSU, what happened when Jasoda, Mrs Lekhraj Kirpalani, died?
Lekharaj who married his adopted daughter around 1953 in the name of spiritual marriage and renamed Radhe as Saraswati?

This incident caused a big psychological blow to Lekharaj’s Legal wife Jeshodha, and most of his family members distanced from his ashram after this incident, which can be commonly understood by any outsiders but why the Indians still silent over this issue?

His son Narain came out of BKWSU ... along with his last Sister Surya and, in 1954, he married to Jyothi and she married to Om Prakash. Navaneet (Puttu) was the girl married to the poor school teacher Bhodharaj, who was popularly known as Yogiraj.

tom

ex-BK

Re: Lekhraj Kirpalani's wife

Post11 Sep 2009

ex-l wrote:what happened when Jasoda, Mrs Lekhraj Kirpalani, died?

Nothing happened! "Body on the bank of Gange, Mind with Murlidhar". See attached pages 68-69 of the Autobiography of Dadi Nirmal Shanta, in the Library, BK Vintage Publications.

As mother Yashoda died in 1961 in a hospital in Mumbai left alone under the care of her daughter Nirmal Shanta, learning the news from his daughter, Dada Lekhraj telegraphed his daughter (page 69, first paragraph): "Child, don't worry about anything. She was your mother and my wife. Eat pudding even if your mother dies or if one's wife passes away."

From the title of that chapter on page 68, "Body on the bank of Ganges ...", it is obvious that mother Yashoda's body was cremated on the bank of Gange with the presence of - I assume - few BK teachers from Mumbai center, Dr. Nirmala, Bro. Ramesh, Sister Usha, who are still alive and should testify on ex-l's question: "What happened when Jasoda, Mrs. Lekhraj Kirpalani died?" honestly.

I have not cropped the chapter titled "Karmayogi Life" on page 68 , as an evidence of the mental state of Dada Lekhraj Kirpalani in those years. He used to forget his daughter name and who she was, asking her: "Child, where have you come from? What is your name? In front of whom are you standing?"
Attachments
Autobiography of Dadi Nirmal Shanta -pages 68-69.pdf
(291.03 KiB) Downloaded 837 times

ex-l

ex-BK

Post11 Sep 2009

tom wrote:"Karmayogi Life" on page 68, as an evidence of the mental state of Dada Lekhraj Kirpalani in those years. He used to forget his daughter name and who she was, asking her: "Child, where have you come from? What is your name? In front of whom are you standing?"

Interesting ... "Eat pudding even if your mother dies or if one's wife passes away".

When we were devotees of the Brahma Kumaris, that story used to be passed around to suggest that Lekhraj Kirpalani was so 'marvelously spiritual' that he did not even recognise his own daughter.

And now I wake up to the fact Lekhraj Kirpalani did not even go to the funeral of his wife, nor attend to her whilst she was dying in hospital. He was not even in the same city.

Now, I realise that he was probably just suffering from Alzheimer's Disease or senility and the Brahma Kumaris have just glorified it and him ... just like they did and do for Prakashmani when her brain started to go to mush too.

In Lekhraj Kirpalani's case, he was supposed to have been ascending to power and perfection equal to God's ... the "Father of humanity". Surely, a God-like Father of Humanity would be able to remember the name of his own daughter? Of course, the BK elite will excuse him saying he was just "giving her a lesson". I wonder how often "Baba was giving us a lesson" was used to excuse an old man of failing mental health. He was around 77 at this time?

Thank you. I read the pages 68 and 69. So, no ceremony and no emotion for the death of his "brooding mare"; the biological producers of his children. Just another meat suit to be disposed of. How can the self-worshipping Brahma Kumari elite conscience the expense, devotion and tearful emotion for their own deaths then? (Apart from the fact it is 'good for business' and brings the money in they live off ...).

Obviously, when I read those books now, I see then as they are ... hagiographies (religious fairy stories). Still trying to pinpoint the date when they first introduced Shiva, I just wondered about what approximate date the section is from?

tom

ex-BK

Post12 Sep 2009

ex-l wrote:Now, I realise that he was probably just suffering from Alzheimer's Disease or senility and the Brahma Kumaris have just glorified it and him ... just like they did and do for Prakashmani when her brain started to go to mush too.

As we all know "There is no cure for Alzheimer's disease". The BK leadership must have been hiding from all of us the last 8 years of Dada Lekhraj's miserable condition. They must have taken total care of him with napkins etc. No wonder that they established "The World Renewal Trust" without his permission.

From MedlinePlus-A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health
Alzheimer's Disease - Also called: AD

Alzheimer's disease (AD) is the most common form of dementia among older people. Dementia is a brain disorder that seriously affects a person's ability to carry out daily activities.

AD begins slowly. It first involves the parts of the brain that control thought, memory and language. People with AD may have trouble remembering things that happened recently or names of people they know. Over time, symptoms get worse. People may not recognize family members or have trouble speaking, reading or writing. They may forget how to brush their teeth or comb their hair. Later on, they may become anxious or aggressive, or wander away from home. Eventually, they need total care. This can cause great stress for family members who must care for them.

AD usually begins after age 60. The risk goes up as you get older. Your risk is also higher if a family member has had the disease.

No treatment can stop the disease. However, some drugs may help keep symptoms from getting worse for a limited time.

National Institute on Aging

Return to The BKWSU