BK Media Control

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

ex-l

ex-BK

BK Media Control

Post22 Sep 2010

I am quite amazed by the extent of the Brahma Kumaris media control.

I would love to know how much of their "charitable" budget they spend on PR. From my own experience, PR is what they call and think of as "service" and their primary service is doing PR. In other words, promoting themselves and blowing their own trumpets. I would love to write some pieces for intelligent, independent media in India. I know well India has a traditional of intellectualism, secularism and even skepticism about religious cults.

I would also love to know how much money they have in India. I suspect this must be held on some government records somewhere ... although we know not all of it goes "through the books". Not only do they demand young girls to hand over their dowries but they encourage poor followers to hand over their gold and silver jewelry so that it can be given as gifts to VIPs etc.

As you know, that is often poor people's savings.

There has been some secular criticism of the Brahma Kumaris in India, for example, their habit of marrying off young virgin girls to their god spirit. Again, I'd love to know if there is any more. At one point we specifically read that they were setting out to drown out critical view by whitewashing the media with PR.

How would it be possible to reach the widest audience in India to raise the issues we have discovered. They are serious, going all the way to suicide, embezzlement and even murder.

Suryakiran

ex-BK

Re: Met a BK

Post28 Sep 2010

Brahmakumaris have a good PR and media wing people. There more than 200 members in media and PR wing right from young souls who are media or mass communication students to experienced people with contacts. Over the years, they have made a solid relationship with media professionals.

I am a Media professional too and have found many of my friends having the fancies of eating and vacationing at Mount Abu. Weird thing is they do not accept anomalies done within BK. BK Karuna has built up a strong credibility in front of media .., But there is a disadvantage to this, and that is when the inner BK circle, which is expected to break as per Knowledge given by Baba through Shankar, then that time there will be crisis situation which will only backfire on them.

Otherwise I don't see the sense why BK people keep big media conferences. It is only to take support of the media for their own publicity. But very soon, I guess, I will rise up to challenge that.

Om Shanti

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Met a BK

Post30 Sep 2010

Suryakiran wrote:I am a Media professional too and have found many of my friends having the fancies of eating and vacationing at Mount Abu. Weird thing is they do not accept anomalies done within BK.

Are you saying that they are basically bought by some holy sweeties and a free holiday to Mount Abu?

I must say, I have nothing but disrespect for Karuna Shetty. Even when Jayanti Kripalani and the BKWSU in the UK put out an official notice to stop Western BKs for claiming her relative Janki Kirpalani was the most stable mind in the world, on the grounds that no scientist has ever claimed that, Shetty kept on using it in official press releases. He has continue to accept, create and promote himself with various grand titles in a highly amateur manner.

He knows about all the historical controversies but hides them. He has been implicated in some of the scandals. As a latecomer to the Brahma Kumari movement, he strikes me just to a businessman looking after his own position rather than a seeker after truth.

Truth and PR are usually mutually incompatible. I wonder how much the BKWSU spends on PR, which really means advertising, rather than real service. It has been the same in the West for a long time. What they think of a "service" is really just PR.

starchild

ex-BK

Re: BK Media Control

Post01 Oct 2010

Is Karuna Shetty London based?

dyavu

PBK

Post01 Oct 2010

No ... he is from Bangalore (Karnataka, India). He knows Advanced Knowledge (PBKs) very well, as his Sister is in Advanced Knowledge from 1989.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post03 Oct 2010

starchild wrote:Is Karuna Shetty London based?

Mount Abu based. Self-styled Dadaji "Chief of Multimedia" and "ICON OF SPIRITUAL COMMUNICATION" ... according to his own website and the BK service project he started called "Global Forum for Public Relations".

Interesting fact there Dyavu. You PBKs are a wealth of information. I am sure that makes family gathering interesting. Its funny how close the PBKs are to the inner circle of the BKWSU and yet the BKWSU never mentions them, nor the abuse they treat them.

Every day Karuna gets up to pump out PR and advertising in the name of "service" and not one word mentioned about the truth.
On this occasion Global Forum for Public Relations an Initiative of Brahmakumaris World Spiritual Organisation felicitated Sri Atluri Subba Rao, Leading Industrialist an Social Activist, former President, FAPCCI who contributed to a great deal for promoting the efforts of Brahmakumaris and Sri Suraj Prasad Agarwal, President FAPCCI.

Return to The BKWSU