Platinum Jubilee celebrations of the Brahma Kumaris

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

ex-l

ex-BK

Platinum Jubilee celebrations of the Brahma Kumaris

Post10 Oct 2011

The president of India inaugurated Brahma Kumaris' Platinum Jubilee Celebrations (75 Years) at OmShanti Retreat Center, New Delhi on September 16, 2011.

The BK badges and pictures of Brahma Baba just keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger ... self-promotion mistaken to be "world service".

I reads like Patil's speech was written by the BKs themselves. No mention that Destruction was meant to have come decades ago, to wipe away 6 billion impure human beings, and by their own philosophy they are a failure.
Excerpts from speech by the President of India Pratibha Patil at the inauguration of the platinum jubilee celebrations of the Brahma Kumaris at Gurgaon on 16 September 2011.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is a pleasure to inaugurate the Platinum Jubilee Celebrations of the Prajapita Brahma Kumaris Ishwariya Vishwa Vidyalaya. 75 years is an important milestone in the journey of any organization. Brahma Kumaris is not a religion, but a spiritual fraternity, and with its message of the importance of a spiritually rich life and value-based living, it has touched the lives of thousands of people from all walks of life from different nations, culture, creeds and races. It is, therefore, apt for such an organization to have chosen the theme "One God, One World Family" to celebrate its Platinum Jubilee.

Of course, each individual is an important entity. The collective world that we are building is dependent on individual behaviour. The macrocosm is, hence, a product of microcosm. This again is an ancient truth. Our lives are not isolated islands; rather we are living in close proximity with each other. Each one has to be deeply conscious of the reality, that there will be peace and harmony in our environs, only if there is peace in our minds. For it is then only, that we will seek to live in peace with fellow humans and nature. For communities to live in harmony we need to have human beings, with qualities of love and compassion, who work to create calm and concord.

I have always been a proponent of women's empowerment, as I believe that they have immense potential, and channelizing their energies will build more peaceful societies. A women's intrinsic nature is that of giving and nurturing. These qualities are very important to create stable societies. It is noteworthy that from a small beginning in 1936, the institution of the Brahma Kumaris has emerged as a large organization of its kind, led largely by women working ceaselessly for peace, harmony and universal brotherhood. I congratulate you for this.

I hope that the Platinum Jubilee Celebrations will spread the message of compassion and oneness; and inspire people to build bridges of unity amongst all cultures and creeds. I once again congratulate the Brahma Kumaris on this momentous occasion, and wish them success in achieving the noble vision of creating a world of peace and harmony.

Om Shanti.
JAI HIND!
Attachments
bigger-and-bigger.jpg
BRAHMA_KUMARIS_CON.jpg

Mr Green

ex-BK

Re: Platinum Jubilee celebrations of the Brahma Kumaris

Post10 Oct 2011

business as usual

ex-l

ex-BK

Post10 Oct 2011

Mr Green wrote:business as usual

Looking bored as usual too ...
Dr Ansari further said 75 years was a long span of time that bears testimony to the values and services of this organisation. It shows that the wisdom and values imparted by Brahma Kumaris have withstood the test of time and has been consistently spreading all over the world bringing qualitative change in the lives of lakhs of individuals and families.

Yes, but according to the actually teachings it means their efforts failed to bring about the destruction of the world during WWII, 1950, 1976 and the mid-1980s.

You're right it is business as usual. but it encourages the followers to believe they are doing something real ... and allows them a little taste of "star dust" as some big wig or VIP drops in. Apart from 'buttering their bread' as a later date, I cannot see what is it in for them.

alladin

no label

Post10 Oct 2011

These celebrations always caused me a lot of unpleasant feelings, "waste thoughts", made me wander. Especially I felt I did not want to be part of it, I did not belong there. Perhaps all of these paraphernalia and circusses are justified as BK culture to which members have to adhere and accept fully.

Now it just looks depressing and I would recommend any new BK interested in meditation and silence, to be smart, make sure to avoid going to Madhuban when such ludicrous performances are being enacted.

jann

friends or family of a BK

Post14 Oct 2011

Spiritual revolution needed to realise one world family: Ansari

NEW Delhi, Oct 8: A spiritual revolution is needed to transform the negative and destructive outlook of human beings into positive feelings and benevolent action, Vice President Hamid Ansari said here today.

Ansari was speaking on the occasion of inauguration of Platinum Jubilee celebrations of the 'Brahm Kumari', a Hindu-oriented movement, at the Vigyan Bhawan here. "One world family-Vasudeva Kutumbakam-will remain a distant dream unless we cleanse our hearts and change our attitudes," the Vice President said. "True progress comes where purity dwells. A mind that is free from negative and wasteful emotions will be able to sustain the well being of others," he said.

Ansari said that the 'Brahm Kumari' was now a world wide movement that was touching the lives of thousands across the globe.

Brahma Kumari is a Hindu-oriented movement involving unmarried women and founded in Hyderabad in 1937 by Sind diamond merchant Dadi LeKray. Women are the spiritual and moral leaders in this millennial movement, in which the traditional role of wives and husbands has been reversed.

http://www.dailyexcelsior.com/web1/11oct09/national.htm

Return to The BKWSU