Taped speeches of Lekhraj Kripalani.

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

desi_writer

Taped speeches of Lekhraj Kripalani.

Post03 Apr 2013

Is there a link to the taped speeches of Lekhraj Kripalani?

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Taped speeches of Lekhraj Kripalani.

Post04 Apr 2013

I, personally, don't know of any links on the internet but there might be some uploaded.

I heard that the Brahma Kumaris have all 18 years of his Murli speeches on tape but keep them hidden at some safe and remote location away from the headquarters.

It amazes me how secretive the BKs are ...

Wouldn't the obvious thing to do to use their vast army of servants and spiritual slaves to upload them all as they are, complete and untampered with, and then write them out and translate them into various languages.

Why don't they use the power of internet so that everyone could gain benefit from hearing and reading them in their original form?

It even says in those Murli speeches that all this technology is made to serve the BKs' and the world!

Pink Panther

Post04 Apr 2013

My understanding was that only some were taped, it was not done systematically, and there are not that many. Not sure though.

There were some of "Mama" as well as of "Baba". I heard part of each years ago. Without understanding the language, cannot really comment - sounded like normal speech patterns, no whispering. A sentence or two, a pause, another sentence or two or three. The transcriptions read in class might have "Baba' asking a question as if rhetorically. The tape shows there were answers offered by those in the room.

Given the controversy over revisions, any tapes would be a useful research tool of a small sample to compare how much (or how little) repeated revisions have changed them.

leonard

Post04 Apr 2013

Back in late 1980's or early 1990's time, such tapes were retrieved from some cupboard and a Western film Brother was asked to copy them and write out their content. But these tapes had become very bad in regard to quality, deterioration after so many years in a cupboard only and in weather of India, and it was impossible to play them. But it is true some few classes of Brahma Baba speaking the teachings are on CD.

Pink Panther

Post04 Apr 2013

leonard wrote:Back in late 1980's or early 1990's time, such tapes were retrieved from some cupboard and a Western film Brother was asked to copy them and write out their content.

He'd have to be quite adept at Hindi, and Sindi/Urdu, surely?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post04 Apr 2013

leonard wrote: ... these tapes had become very bad in regard to quality, deterioration after so many years in a cupboard only and in weather of India, and it was impossible to play them.

It may be true or it may not ... I've learned *NEVER* to believe *ANYTHING* from a BK until I look into, see the evidence, and investigate it myself.

I've just too much evidence of their very deliberate lies, cover ups and deceptions.

Someone taught me a very good mantra years after leaving the BKWSU. It is ...
    "Show me".
When someone tell you something is true, always say ... "show me" ... and if they cannot show you something ... don't believe them until you see something.

It's far better than "Om Shanti" which means, "I am asleep and my eyes are closed" in Hindi. Even if a BK says,"Om Shanti" say the same thing ... "Show me". Prod them a little and see if it is true!

leonard

Post04 Apr 2013

BK Film Brother was asked to mend tapes etc, but really anyone could see it was a hopeless case. I saw myself. Tapes on reels were stuck like glue and and also falling apart at slightest touch.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post04 Apr 2013

Great. Thanks. You "saw". That's what we like to see.

Shame no one had the foresight and interest to copy them whilst they were still useable. There were also a few Murlis converted to tape cassette at various centers. I wonder if they have disappeared or been chucked?

I've seen old paperwork from the 1930s that is kind of similar, dried up like bricks. Probably restorable if it were truly worthwhile, e.g. an original copy of the Bible, but falling apart to the touch. It's strange how we do have original copies of early Bibles etc, but not Murlis, Divine Decrees and other materials.

I can confirm that there is still other 'original materials' from the early days out there floating around which has not been publicized yet, and the BKs have some of it hidden away.

I also know certain circles of BKs are still working on historical research ... but keep very quiet about it. It's frustrating because the BKs just cannot be trusted to do the right thing with it, and have a tendency to want to make it or individuals memory fit their limited world view rather than see it for what it is. I am not even sure they know what they are looking for. In a few more years, once Janki and a few older times die, 90% of origins of the religion will be gone and left to current BKs imagination and manipulation.

The PBKs/AIVV and some others do, however, have a complete cycle of early version of Murli from the the 60s/70s. They'll keep them safe from the BKs.

Return to The BKWSU