Brahma Kumaris on Meetup.com

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

ex-l

ex-BK

Brahma Kumaris on Meetup.com

Post02 Jul 2013

The Brahma Kumaris on moving into the Meetup.com community under the guise of "Personal Development and Self Transformation" brand.

So far I notice:
A few other BKWSU BKWSO groups exist around the world.

I don't know who writes their blurb, but I really wish they would send them to grammar lessons ... if it is not bad enough we get BK's for BKs, we also get 1930's instead of 1930s. So much for a "university" education.

No apostrophe, darlings. Apostrophes are for contractions and to indicate possession. 1930s is neither. You don't write thirty's, do you? If you're desperate to include one though, you could write '30s.

Meetups groups plans start at $12.00 (£7.90) per month. Enough to support a poor family for a week in India (more than your average farmer earns).
BKWSU wrote:This Meetup group is hosted by the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University (UK). We teach Raja Yoga as a way of experiencing peace of mind and a positive approach to life. In addition, we provide a number of events, talks, workshops and seminars for people from all religious and cultural backgrounds to explore their own spirituality and learn life skills of reflection and meditation, derived from Raja Yoga. This has helped thousands of people across the UK develop inner calm, clear thinking and personal well-being.

The group will be promoting the events and activities at Inner Space, Manchester. Find out more about us at our website: http://www.BKWSU.org/uk/mancheste.

The Brahma Kumaris (UK) is part of a worldwide network of over 8,500 centres in more than 100 countries, the first of which was founded in India in the 1930's. We are a registered charity in England and Wales (269971) and Scotland (SCO40512) and offer all our activities FREE as a service to the community.

Return to The BKWSU