BKs reported spending $2,000,000 on TV advertising

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

ex-l

ex-BK

BKs reported spending $2,000,000 on TV advertising

Post26 Jun 2014

From the 'More About Brahma Kumaris', an effort by some of the more sincere and mature BKs to address the typical anomalies and falsehoods presented by the BKWSU in their official 'About Brahma Kumaris' website.

I noticed this revelation that even some BKs appear to be questioning ...
PRIMETIME : BK PROMOS 1

In early 2012, Brahma Kumaris ran a US$ 2,000,000 campaign on prime time Indian television, presented by the intelligent and graceful BK Sister Shivani.

At the time you may recall there was a lot of New Age talk about 12/12/12 being the day of the end of the world, which BKWSU, hedging its bets, appeared to endorse.

Two 30 second spots were the backbone of the campaign.The first spot said ‘2012: THE END OR A NEW BEGINNING !’, the second ,‘GOD HAS COME!” And Sister Shivani guided viewers to Brahmakumaris for more information.

US$ 2,000,000 on TV advertising to exploit the hubbub created by talk of a ... can anyone comment or clarify?

Shivani used to present the BKs own paid for set up infotainment channel called Awakening with Brahmakumaris ... I don't know the current status but I read they stop funding it a while ago, it may be showing on repeats ... in which she was questioned by a non-BK dressed stooge.

Given the low returns of TV advertising, both social and karmic, one has to wonder if it was the usual financial returns of their usual End of the World spin that they were after?

I just don't have the time and energy or sufficient internal sources to keep up with all of the Brahma Kumaris worldly indulgences ... and am grateful for those BKs who act as the cult's conscience.

It's worth point out that in India ... where only a third of people have access to sanitation in India and over 186,000 children under five die from diarrhoeal diseases ... $2,000,000 otherwise spent would have saved all of their lives and the grief, sorrow and depression that no doubt followed it in their families.

Indeed, at an average prescription cost of Rs. 14 (30 cents) it could have prevented most of all the 1.5 million child deaths due to acute diarrhea worldwide for an entire year.

Diarrheal diseases account for 1 in 9 child deaths worldwide ... what do the Brahma Kumaris care? They don't. Their religion teaches them that children born today are like "scorpions and snakes" or flies on a dung heap that are born and die in a day.

Literally ... especially the "spiritually lowest" and "most impure" children who are born at this time and take only a single birth before dying who are little more than devils being born in world they teach is hell. (This is an accurate and fact representation of what is presented in their Murlis scriptures).

As the "feminist" Brahma Kumaris in India indulge in securing their own comforts by appealing to the wealthy middle and upper class who actually have TVs, it's worth pointing out that Rajasthan - where their headquarters are based - carries one of the highest burdens of undernourished children in India, starvation which pervasive across all age groups - especially among girls. A high percentage of children under three are underweight and anaemic putting them at greater risk of such simply cured serious illness and early death.

No, quite clearly the Brahma Kumaris don't care. Their practise is not one of love but based on being "detached" from such concerns which they are told are all the fault of the children suffering from them.

India accounts for an astounding 29 per cent of the global deaths of newborns on their very first day of birth.

The Brahma Kumaris' response ... "It's their bad karma! (no point wasting your money saving them, they are all impure and vice ridden, so give it to us to build more properties)".

Tanya

Re: BKs reported spending $2,000,000 on TV advertising

Post26 Jun 2014

Awakening with Brahmakumaris shows repeats ... most of the times. It's high time the BKs get over with Repetition ... repetitive Murlis, repetitive TV programmes, repetitive & highly nonsensical claims about Destruction (Transformation ?? No one knows), repetitive day dreaming about their fantasy land or the Golden Age, and many other repetitions which do not make any sense at all.

Had Sister Shivani talked of 'detachment', 'celibacy', Brahma Baba attaining angelhood and a position next to God and such other controversial things on this TV show, it would have gone off-air the next day itself. But since the BKs like to play safe, she talks about general things 'generally' and, "if you have any questions or wish to know more, please visit your nearest BK centre ... The Sisters there will guide you and you might get stuck forever ..."

ex-l

ex-BK

Post26 Jun 2014

Well, I don't think it would have gone off air because the BKs were paying ... lots ... to have it on air.

It was a fake, paid advertisement designed to look like a real TV programme. I don't know if the actress playing the role of the non-BK interviewer is a BK, or just a BK contact soul paid to do the job. I'd like to know more about here.

But I'd say how it was designed was for her to look like and appeal to the kind of woman the BKs were targeting, e.g. the wealthy middle class with too much time on their hands.

It was just a business investment ... advertising to reap a financial reward later. The BKs playing the "name and fame" game despite their Murlis telling them *not* to play the name and fame game.

Save Innocents

Post29 Jun 2014

Tanya wrote:But since the BKs like to play safe, she talks about general things 'generally' and, "if you have any questions or wish to know more, please visit your nearest BK centre ... The Sisters there will guide you and you might get stuck forever ..."

Ha ha ha. :D It is what even I fell about them.

And they tell everyone that TV is bad & would take you to hell if you will watch some movie.
Ex-I wrote:"what do the Brahma Kumaris care? They don't. Their religion teaches them that children born today are like "scorpions and snakes" or flies on a dung heap that are born and die in a day. Literally ... especially the "spiritually lowest" and "most impure" children who are born at this time and take only a single birth before dying who are little more than devils being born in world they teach is hell.
"
That is so sad & awful.

Return to The BKWSU