Woman raped at Brahmakumari Ashram

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

ex-bk Jan

Woman raped at Brahmakumari Ashram

Post10 Jul 2014

Dear All,

I found this news from youtube.
Anyone can help for translate?

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Woman raped at Brahmakumari Ashram

Post11 Jul 2014

I remember this came up and we discussed it early. If it's the same one, it was not clear what happened, except the sex, that the centre-in-charge got involved, and the girl was "encouraged" to have an abortion ... not the first woman connected to the BKs to do so, so it seems like it's another one of their unwritten "policies".

An Indian politician got in trouble recently when he said of the spate of reported shocking rapes in the nation, "sometimes it’s right, sometimes it’s wrong" meaning, I think, "sometimes the allegations are true, sometimes they are not".

Where consensual relationships between adults are taboo on their own, never mind those including consensual sexual relations, it's easy to see how "crying rape" could be an easy way out of a difficult situation where the sex had been natural.

However, in the BK system, there is no space for such natural expressions of love between adults. Sex and emotional bonds between individuals is the ultimate threat, and therefore "evil", to the BK leaders' control over their donors and so they are banned. Any Sister spending too much time with a Brother would "have their ear pulled" by the senior Sisters and geographically separated. They ban people form seeing each other where affections are developing, or split them apart and send one to another region.

We never heard what went on from local BKs or India ... but it's fairly common that low ranking BK Sisters - especially if they also come from lower castes - have very little to no rights or voice within the BK system. And basically no other options in life once they have been signed up. I think it's also fair to say some are 'signed up' by their parents not exactly according to their own will, and we can presume some others have second thoughts after a few years. But, by that time, their dowry has been swallowed up by the voracious accounting BKWSU system, and they have no way out.

The male involved was also a BK of sorts ... and we've heard of this before, e.g. drivers employed by the BKs taking an opportunistic peck. It might even have been welcomed until it became too complicated ... it's difficult to tell until we know more. Perhaps the leaders found out, poured cold water on them and wanted to boot her out for being "impure"? Perhaps this is her revenge on them? I don't know ...

There was another similar case where it seemed the young woman set fire to herself and killed herself. I mean, we know she set fire to herself and died, we don't quite know why. But there was a relationship involved, the promise of marriage and the censureship of the Seniors ... and it ended up with the BKs cleaning up all the evidence and dumping the body in waste land. Another driver was arrested ... and then the story went silent.

In this case, the response of the BK leaders was disgusting. It was a sort of legalistic response dependent on procedure and the victims not having made the correct kind of report (FIR) in the right way or something. It came across as awfully arrogant and self-important of them.

And, of course, those BKs who criticise us never make any effort to find out the fact either ... hence the wheel of the BKWSU Juggernaut rubble on crushing all those under them unchallenged. You see, in India, there is the idea that to die under the wheel of a Juggernaut is good luck and ensures a higher next birth, so victims of religious orders are nothing for them to be concerned about. It's all about keep the show on the road and looking good against the competitors.

When such events happen, the BKs response generally stinks and is very "Kali Yugi", e.g. a sort of "Never complain. Never explain. Blame the outsider". If anyone does speak Hindi and can look into this, I'd be interested too.

We hear many such reports but never any follow up afterwards and they just get forgotten.

Return to The BKWSU