BKs Dancing on Pot, and with Redneck Women

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

ex-l

ex-BK

BKs Dancing on Pot, and with Redneck Women

Post05 Oct 2014

I've been quizzically entertained by a few dancing Brahma Kumari videos recently, e.g. the belly dance in a post here, and am considering the evolution of BK "cultural events"; not just as "service tools" but also one of the few times for BKs to let off steam and be relatively normal. From what I see, the BKs appear to have diluted their once "angelic" spirituality and have become surprising normal.

It also appears that they have relaxed their priority of "pure vibrations" and opened the doors to their large and expensive community halls to any old dance group that wants to promote themselves to an audience but way of "pulling the crowds in", perhaps? In the old days, it used to be "BKs performers only". When did things start to slip?

Some of these dancers are obviously not BKs ... some are obviously "kids of BKs" dragged along by parents and making the best of things ... if for no other reason that I doubt doing the splits, as in the second video, is considered "royal" or "Avyakt" behaviour ... and doing the kind of exercise require to do them, whilst on Pot, would be considered far too body conscious. These kids are athletes!

Many people have commented to us that BKs public events, especially the mega-events they enjoy putting on so much, have lost much of their spiritual feel. I have no recent experience of them ... anyone else care to comment?
    Why do they spend such a lot of money on popular entertainment, rather than the genuine upliftment of humanity?

Don't other purely commercial outfits already cover such entertainment events? Is it a light reward for suffering BK adherents, the only entertainment they are "official" allowed to indulge in, in the name of "service"? Or is it just bait to bring the crowds in ... is this where we gave our lives to get to?
    "Everything is free ( ... but buy our books and DVDs, and surrender you life and property on the way out). Oh, and can we borrow your cute kids as we have none of our own to exploit?"
In case you cannot hear the lyrics, they are "Redneck Woman" by Gretchen Wilson. Is this girl officially old enough to have impure thoughts about, because she is certainly shaking her ass and copying sexually suggestive moves?

Jeez ... they even have people "Dancing on Pot" at BK events these days ... far out, man.*

"Redneck Woman"

Well, I ain't never been the Barbie doll type
No, I cannot swig that sweet Champagne, I'd rather drink beer all night
In a tavern or in a honky tonk or on a four-wheel drive tailgate
I've got posters on my wall of Skynyrd, Kid and Strait

Some people look down on me, but I don't give a rip
I'll stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
'Cause I am a redneck woman
I ain't no high class broad
I am just a product of my raising
I say, 'hey ya'll' and 'yee-haw'
And I keep my Christmas lights on
On my front porch all year long

And I know all the words to every Charlie Daniels song
So here's to all my Sisters out there keeping it country
Let me get a big 'hell yeah' from the redneck girls like me, hell yeah
Victoria's Secret, well their stuff's real nice
But I can buy the same damn thing on a Wal-Mart shelf half price
And still look sexy, just as sexy as those models on TV
No, I don't need no designer tag to make my man want me
Well, you might think I am trashy, a little too hardcore
But in my neck of the woods I am just the girl next door

I am a redneck woman
I ain't no high class broad
I say, 'hey y'all' and 'yee-haw'

And I know all the words to every Tanya Tucker song

Hey, I am a redneck woman
And I ain't no high class broad
And I say, 'hey y'all' and 'yee-haw'

And I know all the words to every ol' Bocephus song

Hell yeah, hell yeah
Hell yeah
I said hell yeah!

* As for the other "Pot", it's a little know fact that service in one Australia BK centre was actually funded by the sale of a sizeable amount of cannabis that the Brothers had been involved in selling before they become BKs!

(A “redneck” is chiefly used for a rural poor white person of the Southern United States. It is usually a derogatory term, not far from "Shudra" or untouchable in Hindi. It’s origins comes from the name given to poor farm workers who generally have their skin burnt red by the sun, especially the back of their necks.)

Save Innocents

Re: BKs Dancing on Pot, and with Redneck Women

Post07 Oct 2014

Is this girl officially old enough to have impure thoughts about, because she is certainly shaking her ass and copying sexually suggestive moves?

Let her enjoy her remaining part of normal humane behavior before she gets seriously into BKism & turns herself into a dumb instructor dreaming Golden Age. It's better to shake than getting it all fake.

And I understand why BK events involve 'such' songs with pure-pure lyrics which involves words like Barbie doll type (Om Shanti, barbie is definitely not a BK), sweet champagne (yet as a BK, you need to be away from it), drink beer all night (though its all tamsic for BKs), stand barefooted with a baby on my hip (because it will remain a dream to have a real one), redneck woman (which Didis becomes after giving free of cost labor), no high class broad (oh, are you sure this event does not involves VIPs), hell (yes, you as a BK can use that word), I can buy on Wal-Mart shelf half price (no, go for the full price, your followers donate for it heavily), still look sexy just as sexy as those models on TV (no TV for BKs & manipulate lyrics like Murlis or you will break the celibacy of aroused BKs), I don't need no designer tag to make my man want me (yeah no one like you, he will remain same whether you bear a BK tag or not), I am trashy, a little too hardcore (really??? that is clear from those other threads depicting horny BKs). Hell yeah? Yeah, its a hell.

The problem does not lies in lyrics or song but it's in those who are using it. On one hand, BKism sell their cult values in so closed manner that an outsider can never imagine what goes on there actually while on the other hand, these BKs events can be pretty similar to other shows that shows off more vulgarity than usual.

So, do you get the theme? No need to explain it, right? And we can see how BKism play their cards. Do what suits followers, and at last when they really get "attached" to BKism in some or the 'other way', start preaching your moral lessons & rules regulation. That is what they have done for years, I think. They can go to bars & preach their BK Gyan there too. It's more like a trick, now very apparent to me.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post08 Oct 2014

I've watched BK teenagers like this in real life, especially Indian girls, and it's a bit sad to watch.

They are allowed a little bit of innocent freedom and then, as they become a women - and especially sexual - they are squeeze into a white sari and made to conform to become the Brahma Kumari they mothers could not be. They disappear for "training" and come back as ready formed BK Sisters.

If they rebel, they do so at the cost of losing their mother.

The only hope is if the Father and rest of family is not a BK and does not agree with the mother. Even then, there is a background of family division that is obvious to the observer. The kids are desperate just to be normal kids, the mothers binding them in and controlling them.

Save Innocents

Post08 Oct 2014

ex-l wrote : I've watched BK teenagers like this in real life, especially Indian girls, and it's a bit sad to watch.

Really?? Well that is not certainly a Baba miracle or is it? I understand that this cult emerged in India with most of their workers being Indian & thus, it is an Indian cult, one can label & see it that way.

But believe me not even a single ethical Indian would stand for their fake cultist approaches & crimes. They are definitely a big shame & blot on India. And they are not alone, hundreds of such cults operate within India. My stand is that if a system gives peace to an individual it is good but when it done at the cost of peace, family, society, religion & overall culture, it becomes a harmful cult. And Brahmakumarism can be in top 10 cults operating on very large scale.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post08 Oct 2014

I can accept your point and think it is a shame that most Westerners will not know or recognise that.

The BKs put on a good show of being "holy" in the West. Most Westerners will not know that in India they are quite actually feared and hated. At most I would summarise the best feeling towards the Brahma Kumaris in India as jealousy. People are jealous of their wealth.

But is that what a religion should be known for?

Perhaps you could give us some more reports of what decent, hard working, law abiding, enlightened Indians think of the Brahma Kumaris?

Fear I know was one element. I also remember one other guru refer to them as "spiritual cockroaches" (Shri Mataji). I don't know of any more thought. I also don't know of any that think good, look up or admire them.

Save Innocents

Post08 Oct 2014

At most I would summarise the best feeling towards the Brahma Kumaris in India as jealousy. People are jealous of their wealth.

Nope. I don't think that people would be jealous of their wealth. It' s all donation & so they are not its rightful owners. Most non BKs don't bother what BKs preach, you know its PR that creates their public image & in India, that image is created through crafty show of Shivani in which she shows off her discomfort & artificial expressions while describing tit-bits of their so called Gyan.

Most of non-BKs know about brahmakumaris only what is shown on that show. And those who go to local BK centers & leave it within few days know about its dramatic theory very well, which is very unacceptable to Indians. No one would wish to see a religion through BK frames. To understand BKism, enlightenment is not a pre requisite, right? Also one needs not to deliberately abide by judicial laws before doing anything. Those laws are made for people & org like BKWSU to keep them on line but they fail somewhere ... no almost everywhere in regulating bkism. I think thousands of Indians have already shared their views on BKism.
I also remember one other guru refer to them as "spiritual cockroaches" (Shri Mataji).

Was that Shrimati Nirmala Srivastava? She was exact in her opinion to a large extent. I mean you know how many twists & turns a cockroach can make within a minute much similar to a Didi who can turn around in several ways as per circumstances to fool followers (no offense intended on cockroaches).

ex-l

ex-BK

Post09 Oct 2014

Save Innocents wrote: I think thousands of Indians have already shared their views on BKism.

It would be interesting for me if you could collect some. I don't read Hindi. Anything, from social media posts from husbands whose wives have been sucked in, to intelligent criticism. I've never read any intelligent criticism of BKism from India,

The BKs claim around 850,000 to 1,000,000 followers, however, that likely includes part-timers and is exaggerated. What is that ... 0.07% of the population? They've got to have, what, 330,000,000 souls prepared to go right up to the end of Silver Age.

Another number taken from Hinduism (there are 330,000,000 gods in Hinduism).

Return to The BKWSU