Shock of the Kalpa ... BKs refuse offer of free land!

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

ex-l

ex-BK

Shock of the Kalpa ... BKs refuse offer of free land!

Post05 Mar 2015

Evidence of how successful the BKs' sucking up to the rich and powerful is ... but with a shock result. BKs actually refused Narendra Modi offer of 300 acres of free land to moved their headquarters to Gujerati.

(But don't worry folks, they'll be sure to cash the credit in some other time when they come to their planned take over of the Indian government which they expect to do ... shortly before the end of the world!)
When Modi’s big offer was declined by Brahmakumaris, chance revelation by Sister Usha Devi at Allahabad

You must have seen Brahmakumari Sister Ushaji in TV programmes along with Shivani. I had the occasion to meet her at their centre in Civil Lines where Dr RK Kapoor was also present, as also Sudha Bhen, the hostess. In the picture below, Usha Behn is in the centre. She is flanked by Dr R.K.Kapoor and Ben Sudha.

These spiritual people are above politics. But politicians of all shades and opinions and leaders of different parties also visit their ashram in Mount Abu. Usha Ben revealed that once Narendra Modi too visited Mount Abu. He took keen interest in the discourses that were presented, has a sharp intellect and was much impressed by the activities of the Ashram. I asked her: ‘Did Modi invite your team to visit Ahmedabad?’

Usha Ben paused for a while and then revealed: ‘Modiji had asked us: Why have you isolated yourself in Mount Abu? Why don’t you come over to Gujarat since all your requirements reach here via Ahmedabad? I will give you 300 acre land free. You can shift your headquarters there’.

Usha Ben said that they had declined the offer.

I asked her: ‘What were the compulsions that made you refuse such a generous offer”. Usha Ben replied: ‘Modiji too had asked us as to why we were refusing to shift the headquarters from Mount Abu to Gujarat. We thanked him for the offer but clarified that under no circumstances can the Brahmakumari headquarters be shifted to Gujarat because Mount Abu was the abode of their Guruji — the Founder of this spiritual order. We can have branches elsewhere, retreats elsewhere but not the headquarters as the sacred memory of our founder Guruji is associated with the Mount Abu complex.’

I wondered: Was Modi trying to fish in spiritual waters in Mount Abu too just as he is doing so in Varanasi? But I refrained from making the comment.

The small gathering was enlivened by the presence of the stalwart among Brahmakumaris — Manorama Ben. And when Usha Ben told us about the highly beneficial effects of ‘Saindha namak’, Manorama Ben told us about the miraculous effects of lime (chuna).

Dr Kapoor, who is a well known Homoeopath, looked wonderstruck, especially because of the confidence with which the BK Sisters were talking about the miraculous curative effects of these homely remedies. However, Usha Ben also spoke highly of Dr Kapoor's books on Homoeopathy, saying that his attempts at spiritualizing the diagnostic process was quite interesting. Usha Ben’s views on how to meet the stress challenge were also worth noting. It was indeed a rewarding experience to meet these spiritual Sisters from such close quarters. And I thank Sudha Ben for extending me the offer.

sister_usha_devi_allahabad.jpg

Pink Panther

Re: Shock of the Kalpa ... BKs refuse offer of free land!

Post06 Mar 2015

Usha Ben paused for a while and then revealed: ‘Modiji had asked us: Why have you isolated yourself in Mount Abu? Why don’t you come over to Gujarat since all your requirements reach here via Ahmedabad? I will give you 300 acre land free. You can shift your headquarters there’.....

I wondered: Was Modi trying to fish in spiritual waters in Mount Abu too just as he is doing so in Varanasi?
He was fishing for some of the "economic activity" that the BKs generate. You can be sure that when he saw the land holdings, assets and complexes of the BKs, he saw cash-flow rather than spiritual water-flow

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Shock of the Kalpa ... BKs refuse offer of free land!

Post06 Mar 2015

Pink Panther wrote:He was fishing for some of the "economic activity" that the BKs generate. You can be sure that when he saw the land holdings, assets and complexes of the BKs, he saw cash-flow rather than spiritual water-flow

Good point ...

The BKs would do a lot of good for the environment *not* the have their HQ at the top of a mountain in the middle of a desert ... but it's all part of *their* economic activity/business myth.

It used to be Madhuban was the only place pure enough for "God" to come too ... now he makes it down the hill to Abu Road.

Return to The BKWSU