BK Australia 40th Anniversary

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

Pink Panther

BK Australia 40th Anniversary

Post28 May 2015

Last weekend, the BKs gathered in Leura retreat centre outside Sydney to celebrate 40 years of cognitive dissonance, sorry, Godly Service, in Australia. They had a full weekend retreat with Nirmala Kajaria, who returned to Australia for this anniversary and concurrent one celebrating 60 years of reality challenging her beliefs.

That is, as a trained medical doctor who had barely practiced professionally before giving it up to do Godly service because the end of the world was nigh and a "higher service" was "required" of her, she never wavered in her refusal to humbly admit she may have been wrong or taken in (wronged).

Surely healing the sick and comforting the dying is a lowly chore that brings no benefit in comparison? One might have to tell oneself such things to stay on top of the heap.

From what I have heard, the whole weekend was spent ignoring ”the elephant in the room”, i.e. the question
"what the hell are we still doing here?".

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: BK Australia 40th Anniversary

Post28 May 2015

I can officially confirm now that we will *not* be meeting for the 40th Anniversary of BrahmaKumaris.Info.

Although I fear there will still be families being split, young people wasting their lives and burnt out ex-BKs in 2054 ... whilst the BKs wait for Destruction in 2069 and speculate where Krishna has been reborn ... 100 years after the death of Lekhraj Kirpalani.
"Confluence Age ... 100 Years for Destructions, 100 Years for Creation (please send your donations to the usual address!)"

Remember where you read it first.

What's the average age of Aussie BKs these days? They'll have to turn Leura into an old folks retirement home soon.

Pink Panther

Re: BK Australia 40th Anniversary

Post29 May 2015

What's the average age of Aussie BKs these days?

Good question.

Do the BKs keep stats? Of the westerners I know of, most are middle aged and older. Younger people seem to come and go quicker. Actually, I think that’d be the same for Indians.

Return to The BKWSU