My son is totally depressed, what should I do?

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

Shiv

My son is totally depressed, what should I do?

Post21 Mar 2016

I, Rachna Gupta, am moving in this Gyan since 5 years.

My son is in New Zealand for study visa but he is totally depressed. Whatever he want he is not getting that. He receive no ... no ... from everyone that he will not help him and so I have given him much vibrations too but they are not working and they are returning back to me.

Please tell me the solution.

Redstone

Re: My son is totally depressed, what should I do?

Post02 Apr 2016

Rachna - I would strongly urge you to seek professional help for your son. New Zealand has a good public mental health service which will be able to provide support and counselling if needed.

I am assuming that you are using 'depression' in a clinical sense rather than he is very sad/upset/homesick etc. Left untreated, depression can become normalised in varying degrees. If as you say nobody will help him, I assume he has some insight and is seeking help.

I would strongly encourage him to go to the nearest public hospital - they will arrange a mental health assessment. Insight is the key and you can be thankful that he appears to want help. Good luck

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: My son is totally depressed, what should I do?

Post02 Apr 2016

It's worth point out that for some, meditation actually causes mental health problems such as depression.

Brahma Kumaris meditation is not a magic bullet "cure all" for anything. It's likely that your "vibrations" are just motherly worry and going nowhere except to make you feel upset.

I agree with Redstone. He needs to seek professional help and find his own way. Now is not a good time to push BKism on him.

Return to The BKWSU