Sister Jayanti's Carbon Footprint (was Sacred Earth 2016)

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

Friend

Sister Jayanti's Carbon Footprint (was Sacred Earth 2016)

Post11 Jun 2016

Hey y'all. I found this to be hilarious. Sr Jayanti would probably laugh too.

φθννυ.jpg
6 6 6

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Sister Jayanti Sacred Earth 2016

Post12 Jun 2016

What's the joke? (Edit: Someone pointed it out now ... 666 views, "It's a sign!!!").

I am not sure what Sacred Earth is, or what she is doing. It is ... Sacred Earth 2016?

Bizarrely, on related business, I did find her fronting up for Fast for the climate and Hindu Environment Week organised by the Bhumi Project.

I've always found the Brahma Kumaris exploitation of the environmental movement as disengenuous* as their previous exploitation of the "peace" ... as in anti-war/anti-nuclear ... movement. We all know that from a BK point of view, attempting to save the planet in futile and the ultimate degredation and destruction of it is inevitable (for them). I can remember her personally dismissing environmentalism and environmentalist as a kind of pointless "Bhakti" and "bhagats". About the worst BK put down.

However, she and they will turn up pretty much anywhere there is an audience, anywhere there are VIPs to network with to look good and make contacts.

The BKs will exploit any angle that is paying off for them.

You can almost imagine the script, "Fasting for the body is good, but what we also need is 'fasting for the mind' ... It's so easy, anyone be an instant Senior Sister overnight. You take what ever the subject is and then give it a little twist to lead into BKism, e.g "Purifying the environmental is good, but what we need to do is purify the mind first ...", "Education is good, but what we need is education about who we are - the soul - first ..." etc etc.

It all just leads back to the same thing, sitting doing nothing, living a lifestyle for them based on donations, targetting that percentage of the audience, be it 1% ... 0.1% ... 0.01%, that will be curious enough to come along to the centre and buy a book or DVD.

They are not really there to support the cause. Sister Jayanti does not believe the planet and humanity can be saved. Sister Jayanti "knows" - and has been preaching for all her life - that the planet and humanity will be ... must be ... destroyed, so that she and her BK peers can reincarnate and enjoy a heaven on earth free of all the impure and ignorant human beings. Sister Jayanti "knows" - and has been preaching for all her life - that every human being that suffers due to climate change etc is suffering because of their own bad karma - nothing to do with corporations and pollution etc. No other fixes but doing BK Raja Yoga.

And if you look at the amount of environment destroying gases she has pumped out flying all over the world for the last 35 years (approx), she a worse hypocrit than Al Gore.

Every one else "Save the World" but don't stop my non-stop international business class air travel!

May be instead of "Fasting for a Day" ... can someone check if she actually did? ... perhaps she should just stop flying for a year and spend all that money on a real environment project ... and not just another BK peace garden?
Choosing not to eat doesn’t mean sitting around feeling miserable! What some people say on fasting: “It’s a rich personal experience, it gives a sense of revival, and cleansing, and joyfulness.” “To bring climate change under control we need to exercise self-control, we need to act together, fasting enhances our focus and determination.”

Here we have her "Celebrating Mother Earth the Hindu way" ...

It's funny, in this video she says, "this planet has supported life for millenia".

Whew ... that was close. "Millenia"? Do we mean 100,000 millenia, or just 5 millenia?

* Disingenuous

Not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

Anyone care to calculate the pollution she has produced doing BK PR at environmental gigs? These are, of course, on top of other VIP hob-nobbing AND straight forward international BK promotions.

The original list is the usual exercise in social climbing ... a game of 'status by association' by listing all the other "famous" names.
Sister Jayanti Kirpalani ‘Climate Change & Sustainability’ Speaking Engagements, see also, here: BK Jayanti environmental speaking-engagements

Paris, France - SIF15: Sustainable Innovation Forum. Arranged by Climate Action and UNEP.

Hotel Zonheuvel, Doorn, Netherlands - Dialogue with Ruud Lubbers (former Prime Minister of the Netherlands

New York, USA – Interfaith & Climate Change Summit, September. Faith Communities, Divestment and Renewable Energy. Panel member with Rev. Fletcher Harper (Greenfaith) and Archbishop Emeritus Anders Wejryd (Church of Sweden Uppsala).
Hamburg, Germany – EU Sustainable Energy Week, 23–27 June, World in Transition.
Sheraton Hotel evening event, Brussels, Belgium – EU Sustainable Energy Week, 23–27 June, New Thinking Creates New Realities.
Bonn, Germany – Climate Change Conference, June. Integrating the heart makes a difference.
Global Co-operation House, London – Values, conscience and climate change, June. Panel speaker with Rev. David Rose (Chair, World Congress of Faiths).
Mount Abu, Rajasthan, India – Hindu Environment Week, February. Keynote speaker.
Bocconi University, Milan, Italy – Fifth International Forum on Food and Nutrition (hosted by Barilla),
November. Keynote speaker: The value of food for the future of our planet.
Warsaw, Poland – COP 19, November
Thimphu, Bhutan – Integrating Material and Spiritual Development for an Economy of Greater Wellbeing, June. Global Peace Initiative of Women (GPIW)
Brussels, Belgium - EU Sustainable Energy Week, 24–28 June
Berlin, Germany - EU Sustainable Energy Week, 24–28 June. The Ecology of Consciousness – Science and Spirituality.

Doha, Qatar – COP 18, November-December – Protecting our atmosphere: State and individual responsibilities and the rights of Mother Earth.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – Rio +20, June – Sustainable Societies. New Paradigms and New Forms of Governance.

Durban, South Africa – COP 17, December

Geneva, Switzerland – Participation in the first meeting of an informal group of faith-based NGOs that constitute the Geneva Interfaith Forum on Climate Change, Environment and Human Rights, October.

Geneva, Switzerland – Cultural Rights and Climate Change: Spiritual and Ethical Perspectives (supported by with the World Council of Churches), May.

Oxford, United Kingdom – Global Retreat Centre, May.

Copenhagen, Denmark – COP 15, December

Johannesburg, South Africa – UN World Summit on Sustainable Development, August. Member of the Brahma Kumaris delegation.

London, United Kingdom – Event To Protect the Earth. Owning our responsibility with Ranchor Prim, author and founder of the environmental charity Friends of Vrindavan.

Madrid, Spain – Keynote speaker during Businesses with Soul and Responsibility in a Changing Environment, special conference for business people organised by La Fundación Sagardoy and the Club de Excelencia en Sostenibilidad.

Geneva, Switzerland – Participation in the Geneva preparatory meetings at the UN leading up to the Rio Earth Summit

Pink Panther

Post13 Jun 2016

She can get up and say those things with a straight face in public because she knows them to be acceptable because they are held to be true and verifiable.

She doesn’t speak 'straight Gyan' in public because she knows it is a matter of "faith" rather than necessarily true, i.e. it’s unverifiable, as well as unacceptable. So, its Shiv Baba’s Gyan that’s wrong, obviously.

BTW, the true benefits of "fasting" don't have much effect with only 24 hours, although that’s better than constant consumption, its really just 'having a busy day'. One meal a day is normal for many people. For ketosis to really kick in, where the real benefits happen, fasting needs 48-72 hours and more.

I suggest that all BKs do a fast from BK thinking.

Friend

Post13 Jun 2016

You guys ... again with the extremism. Counting Sr Jayanti's carbon footprint, or whatever it's called, is kind of not the point and not really a part of what might be wrong with the BK organization.

I've also thought about the whole thing of BKs not believing the planet will be saved so why get involved in those kinds of activism, but I think that, according to Gyan, the best think they can do is urge people to get closer to themselves and God, even if not everyone agrees on the particulars of that.

Also, meditation has, indeed, been shown to influence people (so also nature) outside of those meditating (electromagnetic fields etc) so I think it's also a practical advice, even if meditating causes the Earth to react even more violently, since the raising of vibrations (through meditating or whatever) can cause greater peace, or intense phenomena when peace cannot be restored ... well, peacefully. Like ... for some souls to experience peace, they need to leave the body because it's too dysfunctional to be healed.

So, though Jayanti is not 100% open about what she believes will happen to the planet, she shares what she believes there is to be shared. I cannot blame her for what she does.

By the way, the joke wasn't *really* hilarious but I found it amusing that I saw the post when it had 666 views.

I do hope she, or Maureen, will give a message about Orlando, because, as irrelevant as it might be to Gyan, they have somehow forgotten LGBT people exist.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Sister Jayanti's Carbon Footprint (was Sacred Earth 2016

Post13 Jun 2016

So what is this BK eco-warrior Sister Jayanti Kirpalani's Carbon Footprint? Perhaps if someone has a minute or two they could work it out?

I reject this as "extremeism". I would call it the bedrock of rationalism.

Or does "Remembering Baba" to "purify the environment" cancel out the effects of carbon emissions, and exclude BK leaders from actually having to walk the talk?

Luckily for her, she does not actually need to plant trees to offset her carbon waste ... she has 1,000 of unpaid minions ready to plant them for her.

But are they? Would they survive the nuclear war, and nuclear winter to follow, and make it into the Golden Age? Where are all the trees in the Golden Age come from ... magic? I know there are good BKs within the system who have been pushing this environmental side. As usual the leadership did not come from the top, but despite the top.
Friend wrote:I do hope she, or Maureen, will give a message about Orlando, because, as irrelevant as it might be to Gyan, they have somehow forgotten LGBT people exist.

I was not sure what you meant by "Orlando" until I checked the news ... 50 people killed and and 53 wounded by an American born Muslim/mentally ill person at the "hottest gay nightclub in Orlando".

I think the BKs should stick clear of stuff like that, especially when their philosophy really says, "it's their bad karma".

I do not stick clear of homosexuality which, you are right, is a gaping black hole as far as BKism goes but the exploition of others' tragedy who they have no connection with and are, potentially, targetting them when in a vulnerable state.

Which is arguably what they do with their disaster crews.

Jayanti reminds me of a politician who is walking ahead of the flock (their public), looking over their shoulder trying to interpret which way the flock is moving ... in order to keep up the facade of being its leader. I remember when she used to noticably put down all the good stuff.

Gay issues ... weighing in on the Muslim/ISIS ... whew.

Pink Panther

Post14 Jun 2016

Friend wrote:... meditation has, indeed, been shown to influence people (so also nature) outside of those meditating (electromagnetic fields etc) so I think it's also a practical advice

Hmmm, Imagine ...
    a) one million people meditating so that the poor may have food, clean water and a safe place to sleep, or
    b) one person giving a poor person some food, clean water and a shelter.
    Which most effectively achieves its goal? a or b?
Imagine ...
    a) 10 million people meditating for a clean environment, or
    b) One hundred people choosing to pay a little extra for clean energy
    Which is most effective? a or b?
You may say "why not a AND b” but then you disingenuously avoid the point, because those in (a) can also NOT do (b), hence the dichotomy is to clarify effectiveness.

BK-wise, Imagine ...
    a) the BKWSU getting its nearly one million followers to meditate on a Golden Aged world, clean environment, on ‘god’, to volunteer to teach Gyan and ”do Godly service" etc while taking their followers billions of rupees in tax-deductible donations to expand and get more people to do likewise, or

b) another organisation getting its one million followers to volunteer for community work, spending time to help the needy with their education, the elderly with their chores, the working poor with their child care, whose followers that are business people choose to pay their taxes in full so that govt can provide these and other service like healthcare, police & judiciary, safe working conditions, infrastructure ... etc
Which group’s one million followers will be most effective in creating a good society, a) or b) ?

cartoonprayerswith you.jpg

Like ... for some souls to experience peace, they need to leave the body because it's too dysfunctional to be healed.

Peace be upon you?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post14 Jun 2016

Friend wrote:Like ... for some souls to experience peace, they need to leave the body because it's too dysfunctional to be healed.

That's actually a fair and interesting point to pick up on, from a BKWSU related point of view, but I don't think it actually occurs in The Knowledge™.

In the early part of the BKs' history, there was no thought of the BKs "purifying" the environment. I am not sure when it entered into the theology but by the 1980s it had become established in the BK West.

Believe it or not, I remember BKs telling me that BKs were purifying the world even by having their bathwater enter back into the ecosystem every morning, the idea being that the water that had been used to clean them contain magic vibrations that survived going down the sewers and water treatment plants and back into the environment.

I suppose if you take that to be true, logically the same must be true about BK pee and BK poo.

So, picking up on Pink's point, how exactly do we measure and quantify the "purification" factor of BKs efforts versus and tangible resources and pollution they produce?

Can we even define what, how and where in the Table of Elements they are effecting and what effect it actually has?

It all seems very, very, very vague.

I'd be cautious of saying something pseudo-scientific like, "it has been shown (to influence people and nature)". Firstly, has it really and, secondly, to what effect?

This is something that the TM claimed and claimed to have backed up by science done by their adherents. BKWS so called University has - despite all the multi-millions it spends on PR - been very, very poor on actually doing any science to support its claims.

I expect the BKs to start a new service campaign ... carbon offseting via BK Raja Yoga meditation!!! No need to sweat and get dirty planting trees, no need to give away money to the government ... just comsume as much as you want and offset it by Remember Baba!!! It's so simple.

But does it work or do anything?

A return flight from London to Dehli (e.g. going to Madhuban) produces 2 tonnes of C02 and would cost £15 (approx).

Has anyone calculated how many air miles our Green Goddess and other BK leaders produce every year? Anyone care to take it up with the Beakies?

See the Climate Care calculator, here.

Pink Panther

Post15 Jun 2016

In the early part of the BKs' history, there was no thought of the BKs "purifying" the environment.

Actually it was. That's why Destruction had to happen. The teaching was/is that matter itself has, in Kali Yuga, become completely impure, while matter in Sat Yuga is pure.

It is all part of the fairy story - how all food is good. You don't get speckled apples in Golden Age, metals don't corrode, knee joints don't wear down during the long lifespan of a deity. You don't have bad smells from sewerage (now that’d be appealing to residents of many Indian cities!) - all these things happen now because matter is ”impure". It was even said deities don't defecate or menstruate.

To get from impure to pure, cataclysmic destruction and purification by fire, nuclear war has to happen. How all the carbon gets back down into the coal and oil etc in a few short years ready to be mined next Kalpa is ... Baba’s wonder :shock:.

Friend

Post15 Jun 2016

Yeah, my comment on souls (by the way, I don't mean points of light, but the broad definition many of us can agree on, like, the eternal part of us) having to leave the body in order to feel peace is more New-Age-y than Bk-y. I mean it in the sense that when you raise your vibration, your body has to either catch up or be left behind. Which is similar to what the Murlis say but only for the "last" birth.

@Pink Panther - I don't disagree with you but,
    1) the BKs would be hypocrites if they recommended anything other than meditation, and
    2) Assuming both meditation and action can be helpful in different ways, even if in some cases only action can make a difference, we could say that those people who do not want to take action can at least meditate .. like, someone plants a tree and another one meditates on that tree's healthy development etc.
Re: "it has been shown," there is a study about many people in some place in Asia meditating together on peace and the statistics of violence in the area chamged dramatically. I am sure Google will easily locate the specifics of that study.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post15 Jun 2016

Pink Panther wrote:Actually it was. That's why Destruction had to happen ... Baba’s wonder :shock:.

I mean in the manner of BK's bathwater "purifying the oceans". That's a later Bhakti import, I think. Or the organic farming project which is also not new but traditional and borrowed. I don't know too much about the history of the BKs' efforts and who was behind it, but it's not straight from The Knowledge.

It looks to me that Western BKs, primarily at least, are moving towards a "gradual purification" transformation process.

As to what the BKs are therefore "purifying", and how it relates to the rest of matter, the book is still wide open. They don't see to know.

Can it disappear greenhouse gases?

BTW, I know there are are various scientific studies of "psychic" influences on matter, e.g. Geoff Boltwood on the rate of germination and growth of seeds.
Friend wrote:there is a study about many people in some place in Asia meditating together on peace and the statistics of violence in the area chamged dramatically.

I am pretty sure that's the TM people. They claimed/tried it in the USA too. I cannot remember, TM or Premis.

Not sure it's been studied properly or is reproducible. It's heading off topic but an interesting question, if it was shown to be reproducible would States accept and adopt it ... send in a troup of meditators to war zones? The BKs have always been a bit shy about that. Shrimat seems to be lock up the centre or run if you can.

Pink Panther

Post15 Jun 2016

Friend wrote: 2) Assuming both meditation and action can be helpful in different ways, even if in some cases only action can make a difference, we could say that those people who do not want to take action can at least meditate .. like, someone plants a tree and another one meditates on that tree's healthy development etc.

Well, yes, meditation at least keeps the meditator out of mischief (as long as he is not meditating on desires, hatreds or misconceptions). Using it as a substitute or avoidance for action is what I am arguing against. It can be a ”drug” that turns people into ‘lotus eaters’ more likely to, as you say "not want to take action”. It's a kind of fatalism and excuse for abbrogation of responsibility.

Meditation is a good thing, it is the exaggerations and overlaying of all kinds of beliefs of what it can do, the ”bigging up" that is disagreeable to me. And those who do that tend to do the converse when it comes to the material and biological aspects of being human, becoming a house divided against itself.

Using meditation as a practice for personal benefit is fine, if the meditator can use what is gained in terms of mental clarity for action, then that’s even better. Some people need more sitting meditation than others to be able to achieve clarity and act accordingly, for some, the acting is the meditating. The idea that meditation is the be-all and end-all, or ”the key” to beneficial change is, IMO, out of balance. And the BK ideals are out of balance.

This is what I mean -
House Democrats protested on the floor of Congress to demand gun safety policy, not just thoughts and prayers ”Our silence does not honour the victims, it mocks them".

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisElection/videos/1201585413206280/

ex-l

ex-BK

Post16 Jun 2016

My position is different in that I'd always leave the door open to the possibility of some kind of "supernatural" or magical influence however small or rare ... I could live without an explanation of how, but I'd want the effect to be reproducible and accurately quantified.

For example, which grows better, a 'tree + fertiliser + water' versus 'tree + meditation or prayers'?

Or a 'tree + stupid yogi' versus a 'tree + enlightened agricultural scientist'?

Or even a 'tree + stupid yogi' versus a 'tree + 'enlightened yogi''?

Is it really the BKness of the indiividuals involved, or their green fingers? As in so many areas, BKism being promoted on the basis of the prior gifts or goodness of the individuals, not the goodness of the practise or the organisation.

There are simply too many unproven or unquantified variables that cults tend to not want to explore and observer closely partly, I believe, because the facts or results would be so offputting to the majority of their followers. They would be disheartening and put them off.

That is to say, that the majority of followers are having absolutely no effect, and some are having a negative effect ... that really their only purpose is to finance, do housework for, and drive around the magical elite.

For me, it's a willful promotion of delusions on behalf of the leaders ... and how can enlightenment (purity) be achieve by promoting delusion (impurity)?

Even in the BKWSU Gyan, it's acknowledged that every BK's effectiveness is "numberwise" in a vast unalterable spiritual hierarchy ... so why not develop a "yoga-o-meter" - like the Scientologists or Kirians have - so at least BKs know where they stand and whether they are working or not? Sadly, despite promoting themselves as being contrary to the blind faith and deception of Bhakti, they are encouraging their own brand of blind faith and deception.

Does anyone really believe meditating offsets greenhouse gases, decomposes plastics and removes toxin from the environment?

The idea of praying or carrying out rituals to bless fields is pretty much universal in all cultures through history until recently in the industrial West. Some of them were pretty funky, like fornicating in the fields, spreading menstrual blood, or Rudolf Steiner's Agriculture: Spiritual Foundations for the Renewal of Agriculture (1924). Many cultures had fertility dances etc.

Yes, it's easy to ridicule but I think the question we should ask them is not "does it work?", with a yes and no answer, but a realistic "OK, prove to what degree does it work, and when, over a period of years". Show us a reproducible system.

The BKs claim positive results in their yogic agriculture experiment of meditating in the fields. That's nothing new. Findhorn was born on giant cabbages being grown on sand from prayer circles and nature spirits (devis).

I suppose farmers could always start by employing BKs to sit in their fields and "Om" instead of scarecrows if it's guaranteed!?!

But let's also ask "what is working and what (element) is it working on too ? ... is it their faith in the 5,000 Years, or their submission to the Kirpalani Klan or something else?" Let's keep what actually works and ditch the rest.

Are BK farmers more effective than Buddhists farmers? Where do they sit in the effective agricultural legal table?

Return to The BKWSU