BK Trustee falsifying Professional Status (again): Australia

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

ex-l

ex-BK

BK Trustee falsifying Professional Status (again): Australia

Post22 Nov 2016

From Moreaboutbrahmakumaris.org

The Brahma Kumaris have been known for exaggerign the professional status of their adherents for publicity purposes for decades. It's apparently still going on.

Recently an actual BKWSU Trustee has been outed for falsifying professional status ... in this case it could even constitute a crime worth of imprisonment. The claim appears to be foundation for encouraging BK followers to make financial investments.

Brahma Kumaris Australia are current facing a challenge of their dubious practises from within the following.
1. Chennaibhai* claims to be a Barrister and Solicitor, and as such he is identified in the BKA Constitution. But Chennaibhai is not a Barrister, he has definitely not been called to the Bar: the NSW Bar Association is very definite on that.

2. Further, as below, apparently to impress a BK Sister who had caught his eye, Chennaibhai claimed to be have an even higher status: a Queen’s Counsel! However, as we know, Chennaibhai is just a humble Parramatta solicitor. And we wish him well in his practise…though his attempted scamming of the innocent appears to be continuing...as below…

It does not end there though, the author reports ...
A BK Sister recently wrote me in this way:
    ‘Earlier this year Chennaibhai (ed) also asked me if any of my clients might be interested in investing. When I asked him to explain more, he was vague and even told me I just have to trust him and the process, and there is no way anyone can lose, and it requires six months wait.

It took me a while before I wrote to S**** and told her what happened as well as him behaving sexually inappropriate towards me ... my concern was if he is a trusted member of the board, I think people need to be cautious ... I was almost nauseous, vomiting thinking about him...he boasts of being a QC.

The Sister says she wrote to BK Charlie Hogg, BKA Chair, but he did not respond: 'Charlie did not say anything’ she writes.
If what the BK Sister experienced is true, friends, our hearts go out to her, and this is surely inappropriate behaviour by Chennaibhai and others in BK authority. is not it?

* Chennaibhai is not his real name

leonard

Re: BK Trustee falsifying Professional Status (again)

Post27 Nov 2016

I observe this post has been removed from http://www.morewaboutbrahmakumaris.org site. But another posting is there instead.

New post gives similar informations, but better hides identity of person I would say.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post27 Nov 2016

From the Australian Charity commission; Brahma Kumaris Centres For Spiritual Learning. I suspect "Chennai Bhai" must be Chakrapani Ogoti, "solicitor and barrister" (also named here)?

Chakrapani Ogoti.jpg

The constitution is, here and recent accounts (2015), here.
    Income $4,950,000
    Expenditure $1,525,534
    Profit $3,424,592 ... and, wait for it ...
    Retained Surpluses $17,008,413!
    Total assets ... $27,473,287.
Presumably they are sure the End of the World is not going to come next year and so it's OK to retain millions of dollars from doing service of humanity with it!?! Ha ha ha ... what a bunch of shysters.

BKs "benefitting" Aboriginals and ... Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons? Really?

Nah ... not as much as benefitting themselves by the look of those accounts.

And how many "members" has BKWSU Australia have exactly? That seems to be a bone of contention at present because members have rights ... so BK Australia has none. I suspect it's only the directors who are, (see below).

Interesting side note from the accounts, "Directors Meetings attended for so called "Dr" Nirmala ... only one out of 13.
About the Charity

Date Established: 01/01/1990

Who the Charity Benefits
    Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
    Adult - 25 to under 65
    Adults - 65 and over
    Children - 6 to under 15
    Females
    Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons
    General community in Australia
    Males
    Migrants, refugees or asylum seekers
    People from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
    People with chronic illness (including terminal illness)
    Victims of disaster
    Youth - 15 to under 25
Size of Charity

Large: Revenue of $1 million or more]
DIMECH-CONTI, SILVANA Director
HOGG, CHARLES Chairperson
KAJARIA, NIRMALA RATANSHI Director
OGOTI, CHAKRAPANI Secretary
PADMANABHAN, RAJAHRAM Treasurer
SEGAL, SARAH SALLY Director
4. Membership
    4.1 The Company will have one type of membership.
Applications for membership
    4.3 Membership is only open to individuals who follow the path of the Brahma Kumaris and accept and practice the aims, beliefs and principles articulated in the Charter of Association on International Functioning of the Brahma Kumaris. They must also show full respect for the teachings, the teachers and the spiritual headquarters. Together these conditions constitute the membership criteria.
    4.4 Only those individuals who are eligible as per the membership criteria can apply for membership.
    4.5. An individual must be sponsored for membership by at least two directors of the Company as well as the spiritual head of the Brahma Kumaris in Australia. An application for membership must be in writing, signed by the applicant and the sponsors and, lodged with the Secretary.
    4.6 An application for membership must be considered by the Board as soon as practicable after it has been received. The Board shall be the final authority to decide to accept, defer, or reject an application for membership. The Board is not required to provide reasons for its decision concerning an application for membership.
    4.7 Where the Board decides to accept an application for membership, the Secretary must, as soon as practicable after that decision, notify the applicant of that approval and enter the person’s name in the register of members. Upon the name being entered into the register the applicant becomes a member of the Company.
Rights associated with membership
    4.8 Each member of the Company has the following rights:
    4.6.1 to receive notice of, attend and vote at general meetings of the Company; and
    4.6.2 to be eligible for appointment as a director.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post27 Nov 2016

They are not exactly shy about *STILL* asking for more sizeable donations, from the BK Australia website ... they're a long way from pais and annas these days.

Typically, the accounts don't tell you how what money is spent specifically but, for example, Occupancy expenses $226,610, Repairs and maintenance $216,408 (?!?) ... $450,000 annual costs on properties? Really???

How much exactly did they spend on benefiting disaster victims?

It seems they made $2,000,000+ selling two properties, then spent it on 181 First Avenue, so I guess that is where it is all going.

BK_Australia-2.jpg

BK_Australia.jpg

BK_Australia_3.jpg
BK_Australia_3.jpg (25.54 KiB) Viewed 8200 times

ex-l

ex-BK

Post29 Nov 2016

Note above not "$5 ... $10 ... $50" but "$50 ... $100 ... $500", so much for Baba being "the Lord of the Poor".

I see they've also started up a separate trust fund/bank account for purely property related donations. I wonder why, is it to allow or encourage non-BKs? Note: "The public will be invited to contribute to the Gift Fund".

That entirely contradicts the old Maryadas (principle) that said BK count not ask for or accept donations from non-BKs.

How strange that a cult that has existed, and financed itself, by encouraging adherents to believe the End of the World is coming in two to three years and that all of Australia is going to sink under the ocean ... is seeking to amass land and so many freehold properties?

Make me a little sick in my mouth to read of them presenting their centres as " the Company's schools".
13. Gift Fund

Purpose
    13.1 The Brahma Kumaris Centres for Spiritual Learning Building Account (“the Gift Fund”) is established to receive gifts of money and property that must be used exclusively for the acquisition, construction and maintenance of the Company’s schools.
Management
    13.2 The Gift Fund is to be managed and controlled by the Board of directors.
    13.3 As a public fund, it will have the following characteristics:
      13.3.1 The public will be invited to contribute to the Gift Fund.
      13.3.2 The public will in fact contribute to the Gift Fund.
    13.4 The people responsible for the administration or control of the Gift Fund will have a degree of responsibility to the community as a whole due to their tenure of some public office or their position in the community.
    13.5 The Board must keep proper minutes of all resolutions relating to the Gift Fund.
    13.6 The Board must ensure that:
      13.6.1 All gifts of money to the Gift Fund are kept in a bank account separately from the Company’s other funds.
      13.6.2 All items of property given to the Gift Fund are specifically identified as such.
      13.6.3 All investment returns from such gifted money or property is recorded as part of the Gift Fund.
      13.6.4 All proceeds from the sale of such gifted property are recorded as part of the Gift Fund.
    13.7 The Board must ensure that correct books and accounts are kept showing the financial affairs of the Gift Fund. These records must be available for inspection by any member of the Company.
    13.8 At each Annual General Meeting of the Company the Board must present a financial statement which is not misleading and gives a true and fair view for the last financial year of the Gift Fund’s income and expenditure and assets and liabilities.
    13.9 The income and assets of the Gift Fund must only be used for the Gift Fund’s purpose.
    13.10 In the fulfilment of its purpose the Gift Fund may:
      13.10.1 Transfer money or property to the Company for its current or continuing use.
      13.10.2 Purchase property or services for use by the Company.
      13.10.3 Pay the reasonable costs of managing the Gift Fund such as bank charges, stationery expenses, audit fees and professional fees for fundraising programs.
    13.11 No remuneration or other benefit in money or money’s worth may be paid by the Gift
    Fund to any director.
    13.12 No part of the Gift Fund’s income or assets may be distributed to the members of the Company other than as genuine remuneration for goods or services supplied to the Gift Fund or for the reimbursement of expenses incurred on behalf of the Gift Fund.

Pink Panther

Re: BK Trustee falsifying Professional Status (again): Austr

Post30 Nov 2016

presenting their centres as " the Company's schools".
The law was recently changed in Australia so that management and boards of charities had the same regulations and legal obligations as companies. This wording will be for legal reasons.

Return to The BKWSU