What are the Brahma Kumaris trying to communicate to followers?

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

oldbk

Re: What are the Brahma Kumaris trying to communicate to fol

Post15 May 2019

To add,
    Anything that sounds like logic can be utter nonsense
    Anyone who sounds like a researcher can be spewing nonsense
    Anyone who sounds smart can be a different dumb ***
    Anyone who sounds enlightened can be an ignoramous
Finally anyone who is oozing BKism, quotes "Shiv Baba from Murli" and follows Manmat/Parmat will face "100 fold punishment"

ex-l

ex-BK

Post15 May 2019

vlakshmi wrote:When something is theory, I wait.

You did not answer the questions put to you,

If you had a guest in your house or business/clinic, and they kept ignoring your questions as to why they were there, how would you respond?

How should we respond to vlakshmi? One last time ... please allow them the chance to respond.
    Why are you here?
I think you don't understand the scientific meaning of "theory" and are confusing it with the common use meaning.
A scientific theory is an explanation of some aspect of the natural world that has been substantiated through repeated experiments or testing. But to the average Jane or Joe, a theory is just an idea that lives in someone's head, rather than an explanation rooted in experiment and testing.
A scientific theory is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested and verified in accordance with the scientific method, using accepted protocols of observation, measurement, and evaluation of results. Where possible, theories are tested under controlled conditions in an experiment. In circumstances not amenable to experimental testing, theories are evaluated through principles of abductive reasoning. Established scientific theories have withstood rigorous scrutiny and embody scientific knowledge.

vlakshmi

BK

Post15 May 2019

Hi ex-l and Pink Panther,

You wrote:
"You did not answer the questions put to you: “why are you here?”

I AM HERE to help you to see the need to turn back to GOD.

It is natural for some to get side-tracked because they looked at failings of some fellow travelers. But it is not natural to continue in the same fallen state when High Way is a few steps away. The famous saying “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow” (Helen Keller) underlines the priority everyone should always have.

SITUATION IS ALL THE MORE URGENT. Here is an excerpt from the latest New York Magazine (MAY 10, 2019)
“Today, the risk that we’re facing is not of societies collapsing one by one, but because of globalization, the risk we are facing is of the collapse of the whole world ... I would estimate the chances are about 49 percent that the world as we know it will collapse by about 2050. I’ll be dead by then ... At the rate we’re going now, resources that are essential for complex societies are being managed unsustainably. Fisheries around the world, most fisheries are being managed unsustainably, and they’re getting depleted. Farms around the world, most farms are being managed unsustainably. Soil, topsoil around the world. Fresh water around the world is being managed unsustainably. With all these things, at the rate we’re going now, we can carry on with our present unsustainable use for a few decades, and by around 2050 we won’t be able to continue it any longer.”

Disrupting the climate which is delicately fine-tuned for life will have ill-effects which are often precipitating in nature. It is like a ball starting rolling down from a mountain top. Speed will be very slow in the beginning. But as the time passes by, it will gather more and more speed. Hence world will likely touch its expiry date even before 2050.

Note: If you don't like my intention, I can stop here -- right now!

Rita

Post15 May 2019

Do you mean to say believe in the BK god? The god you BKs are treating like a marketing guy. How do you know or came to conclusion that we believe or not believe in God? Is God your property or you have special passport or privileges? I don’t need religions or marketing organisation to know God. Whatever is happening is for good and by wish of omnipresent. We are nothing in this vastness. This realisation is enough.

And who is trying us to lead to God an ignorant person who is blinded by propaganda. Your organisation is like “blind leading the blind, you will all end up in well” Lekhraj Kripalani was a ignorant man, who learnt hypnosis techniques to mesmerise females in the name of God. We have seen enough of God propaganda in India.

And what happened to BK God prophecy that world will going to end in 2037. Did he say 50% or 100%? BTW, it’s a theory by Jared Diamond, and you said you don’t believe in theories.

Are your God’s prophecy is theory or law?

You are quoting Einstein many times, but his discoveries are called theory of special relativity and general relativity.

vlakshmi

BK

Post15 May 2019

"Hypotheses, theories and laws are rather like apples, oranges and kumquats: one cannot grow into another, no matter how much fertilizer and water are offered," according to the University of California. A hypothesis is a limited explanation of a phenomenon; a scientific theory is an in-depth explanation of the observed phenomenon. A law is a statement about an observed phenomenon or a unifying concept, according to Kennesaw State University.

https://www.livescience.com/21457-what- ... c-law.html
"A scientific PRINCIPLE describes a relationship that, while always true, is subject to changes if the conditions of the quantities that are related change. For example Archimedes’ Principle describes the relationship between buoyant forces and fluids but the exact nature of that relationship depends on the particular fluid, the properties of the object in the fluid, the pressure exerted upon the fluid, and so on.

A scientific LAW describes a relationship that never changes. For example Newton’s second law describes the relationship between forces and acceleration. This relationship is always the same regardless of what kind of force is involved or what kind of acceleration is produced as a result."

https://www.researchgate.net/post/What_ ... Principles
Scientific laws and theories have different jobs to do. A scientific LAW predicts the results of certain initial conditions. It might predict your unborn child’s possible hair colors, or how far a baseball travels when launched at a certain angle.

In contrast, a THEORY tries to provide the most logical explanation about why things happen as they do. A theory might invoke dominant and recessive genes to explain how brown-haired parents ended up with a red-headed child, or use gravity to shed light on the parabolic trajectory of a baseball.

In simplest terms, a LAW PREDICTS WHAT HAPPENS while A THEORY PROPOSES WHY. A theory will never grow up into a law, though the development of one often triggers progress on the other.

https://blog.ed.ted.com/2016/06/07/what ... d-ed-gifs/
THEORY is "from Late Latin theoria (Jerome), from Greek theōria"contemplation, speculation; a looking at, viewing; a sight, show, spectacle, things looked at," from theōrein "to consider, speculate, look at," from theōros "spectator," from thea "a view" (see theater) + horan "to see," which is possibly from PIE root *wer- (3) "to perceive."

https://www.etymonline.com/word/theory

Rita

Post15 May 2019

Your god’s prediction is hypothesis, law or theory? And what is Jared Diamond’s views; theory, hypothesis or law? And why are you convincing us to believe in the BK god? Are you like other popular religions, who are trying to convert people saying we have the true God?

vlakshmi

BK

Post15 May 2019

God doesn’t predict nor theorize anything.

His duty is to “renew” the provisions for life’s enjoyment when it is depleted/destroyed for which He doesn’t want any praise because He only does His duty.

Rita

Post15 May 2019

So why are you bothered if we believe or not believe in God? If he does not bother. Who are you? Are you messenger of God ?

vlakshmi

BK

Post15 May 2019

I did not write "God doesn't bother".

I did write "God does bother" about the depletion/destruction humans bring upon their very habitat, and HE does RENEW it. Those who are willing to avail of it can do so. All prophets defined worship of God as love of fellow humans (Mathew 7:12) which also appeals to our reason and logic. Such ones would inherit the first half of Cycle [which is like heaven on earth] whereas others would inherit the second half [which is like hell on earth]. No injustice - each one reaps what he sowed.

Just because some fellow travelers acted unwisely one turning away from God is not wise--this is all what I meant.

Rita

Post15 May 2019

You said it’s his duty. So if we believe or not believe, is he going to favour? So he is like human beings. If we praise a human being he is happy if not he will be angry. Please answer that How are you so sure that we do not believe in God ? 90percent of humans believe in God. Do you mean we don’t believe in right God? That’s what all the religions are saying, and converting people. Why things are not changing when so many believe in God?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post15 May 2019

vlakshmi wrote:I AM HERE to help you to see the need to turn back to GOD. -- right now!

You mean the BK god spirit ... not God. We are fine with god but the BK god spirit Lekhraj Kirpalani is a dick at best, and genuinely evil at worse.
All prophets defined worship of God as love of fellow humans (Mathew 7:12) which also appeals to our reason and logic.

Your reasoning and logic? You don't know what the words mean.

Take that very same sentence. Matthew (not Mathew) 7:12 says,
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Therefore, you offer a false account or understanding of it, or a 'false attribution'. Secondly, what does it matter whether the author of the Gospel of Matthew said something or not? That is a fallacy - or false logic - called "appeal to authority". Therefore, a fallacy based on a false account. Thirdly, what is reasonable and logical about "the worship of God [being the] love of fellow humans"? Surely the love of fellow humans is the love of fellow humans. That is an 'appeal to flattery'.

And, lastly, what has "the worship of God" got to do with BKism? BKs don't worship their God spirit.

You appear to be deeply confused between BKism and playing out your Christian priest fantasy.

Your previous posts in which you hypocritically use quotes from scientists who believe in Evolution, the Big Band and a long cycle of time is nothing more than an 'appeal to fear' (aka argumentum in terrorem) another kind of fallacy or false logic in which a person attempts to create support for an idea by attempting to increase fear towards an alternative.
Either x (rejecting BKism) or y (BKism) is true.
x is frightening.
Therefore, y is true.

Typical BKism ... make people frightened, depress them with negative ideas, then herd them into BKism, and control and exploit them.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post15 May 2019

vlakshmi wrote:God doesn’t predict nor theorize anything.

God might not but the BK god spirit certain has ... and got it (Destruction/the End of the World/population at the End of the World) wrong on many occasions.

So you go from fallacy and false logic, to an absolute lie.

You also put words or thoughts into that BK god spirit's mind. There's no Murli quote to say he bothers about the mega death and suffer of Destruction or the decline of the planet at all. He does not give a damn.

How does the BK god spirit bring extinct species back to life and create the dinosaurs 2,500 years ago?

How long do the dinosaurs reign all over the earth according to BKism, and for which years in the 5,000 Year Cycle?
Rita wrote: Are you like other popular religions, who are trying to convert people saying we have the true God?

Funnily enough, at one time in the BKs history in India they got accused of being a "Christian" religion, my guess is specifically because of their evangelistic nature, so "converting" is a big part of their religion, yes.

Rita

Post15 May 2019

ex-l

Yes, people think it’s related to Christianity. Or may be funded by Christian missionaries. And they mostly target poor and village people.

VLakshmi,

I have not read any Christian scriptures, I don’t know what you are quoting and who is Matthew.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post15 May 2019

Rita wrote:And they mostly target poor and village people.

Who are mostly, by recent research, functionally illiterate and, therefore, as vulnerable and open to exploitation by the BKs as the uneducated girls of the Om Mandli were to Lekhraj Kirpalani.

The pattern repeats.

Funny, I've never heard of the BKs doing a literacy drive. They clearly don't teach logic, do they even teach reading, writing to their adherents? Or consider the ethic of filling their heads full of fear and anti-education, anti-science nonsense?
India has more illiterate people than any other nation. Over 40% of India's 1.3 billion people are functionally illiterate. The majority of Indian women living in rural areas are illiterate.

The same ones they strip their golden jewellery from and use as cooks and cleaners. How does that uplift them?

Pink Panther

Post16 May 2019

When I was a BK, one memorable conversation I had was when I, a foreigner, was travelling in a first class train carriage in India with a very well educated, well travelled Indian couple. The husband was the son of the governor of a large Indian state. We had lots of time and discussed many things.

At one point I asked him what the society's general view of the BKs was. He answered that most people he knows see the BKs as being to Hinduism what the Mormons are to Christianity.

What I understand that to mean that it’s a modern offshoot which seeks to redefine the long tradition from which it comes by rewriting a new history that is self-serving, and also the ways in which the Mormons have uniform ways of dress and speech, hierarchy etc and how they seek to recruit others at every opportunity.

PreviousNext

Return to The BKWSU