Early Western BKs

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

ex-l

ex-BK

Early Western BKs

Post04 Mar 2024

In the early to mid-1970s the BKs started to attract young, Western followers along with their prime targets of immigrant Indians, and Sindhis.

Anyone care to name them and tell what is going on here?

unnamed.jpg

Pink Panther

Re: Early Western BKs

Post05 Mar 2024

Here's some names. The ones i am not sure of have a " ? ".

I am surprised I remembered so many!.

I left out surnames of those I know for privacy reasons, in case they don't want it coming up on a google search
I know I wouldn't.

1. from Guyana but ? 2.Terry C. 3. Robert F. 4. Richard M.W. 5. Michael T. 6. Errol? 7.? 8. John? 9. Ken O’D. 10.? 11.? 12. Joe T.

13. Dada Narayan? 14. Dada? 15. Walter? 16.? 17.? (maybe Anthony Strano, unclear image)? 18.? 19. Charlie H. 20. maybe Chris "Shankar" T.? 21. Paul M. 22.? 23. Veronica “Waddy” Morning Class.

24. Karuna S. 25. John B. 26.”Dadi” Gulzar. 27. ”Little” Mohini. 28. ”Dadi” Manohar 29.? 30. ”Didi” Manmohini. 31. "Dadi" Prakashmani 32.? 33. “Dadi” Ratan Mohini 34. Shiloo “Bhen"

GuptaRati 6666

Post23 Apr 2024

32. Charmaine Bhen, Canada
15. Walter, Guyana
Dada Narayan
6. Errol

After the Divine The Man global Conference in Bombay in December 1976, all the double foreigners spent about a month or more undergoing intense Yoga training. Some days, it was easy to chart 6-8 hours of meditation. Baap Dada (BapDada) would descend several times per week, and most of those times, the double foreigners would meet with BapDada; it seemed as though BapDada was personally training the double foreigners with the help of the senior BKs. One Saturday afternoon, Dada Narayan hosted the double foreigners at a special tea party at the BK Museum; the double foreigners were treated like IPs and VIPs, royals.

In this photograph, some foreign BKs were hippies, semi-hippies, or the tail end of the counter-culture movement in the West. More than 90% felt Destruction would be on January 18, 1977, and had no plans for academic pursuits, except Errol. Jayanti bhen and Hemlata bhen became his lawyers at the court of Baap Dada and Baap Dada granted Errol special blessings and permission to pursue pre-veterinary and veterinary studies at Tuskegee University. At the time it was almost taboo or manmath for any BK to pursue university studies.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post24 Apr 2024

GuptaRati 6666 wrote:Baap Dada (BapDada) would descend several times per week, and most of those times, the double foreigners would meet with BapDada

Changed days from the aircraft hanger sized auditoriums and video displays of today. Did he, the BapDada, say anything genuinely interesting at the time?

Was there a difference in the performance for Gulzar's later seances which were most spent saluting the troops, en mass, e.g. large groups, or even state by state, rather than individually?

Were they or Gulzar more present? Towards the end, she/they just ended up whispering slowly. Before the Alzheimer's kick in badly.

Return to The BKWSU