Who is Maya ???

for Prajapita Brahma Kumaris (Advance Party), or those interested in becoming PBKs, to discuss AIVV matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

new knowledge

ex-Vishnu Party

Re: Who is Maya ???

Post09 May 2008

bansy wrote:What is the task mankind to do;

To know our real 'self', the Supreme Father & our eternal Home - Paramdham (the Supreme Heaven).
what is the task mankind has to do for the world at the Golden Age when it is already perfect?

The Golden Age is not perfect.
Or simply put, what is the whole purpose of being in a body when it is fine to simply stay as a soul?

Let me try to answer your difficult query.The typical answer of BKWSU may be that the souls take birth in material bodies according to the drama plan. But what is drama plan?? - No explanation. Actually all souls, except to the Supreme One, are bound to forget their real 'self', their blissful Home & the Supreme Father; naturally they tend to find pleasure somewhere in the outside Mayavi world. This lead them to trap themselves in the material bodies.

bansy

Post09 May 2008

But what is drama plan?? - No explanation. Actually all souls, except to the Supreme One, are bound to forget their real 'self', their blissful Home & the Supreme Father; naturally they tend to find pleasure somewhere in the outside Mayavi world. This lead them to trap themselves in the material bodies.
Why are we bound ?

new knowledge

ex-Vishnu Party

Post09 May 2008

bansy wrote:Why are we bound?

I am helpless to answer. It is only mentioned in the scriptures & Murlis that it is the very nature of souls 'to forget' that makes him/her fail victim of Maya. But I've found no any quotation from scriptures or Murlis which clearly explains why a soul is bound to forget?

cal

PBK

Post10 May 2008

bansy wrote:Why are we bound?

My Interpretation:

A hardware without software or software without hardware is useless. So ... a harware (body) and software (soul) is necessary to "act". From the beginning of Golden Age we enter Sukhdam (happiness or pleasure). We get addicted (so to speak) to pleasure and so the trap is already set ... till we come to the point of 8 kalas, when the hardware overpowers the software. It can also be easily understood from 2nd law of thermodynamicas, where it leads to increased entropy (lower kalas).

But, how a non-physical enters the physical or a soul cannot remember it previous births when it has the information with it, is still beyond me. Any inputs?

andrey

PBK

Post10 May 2008

When a person suffers an accident sometimes he forgets due to the shock he has amnesia. So death is teh greates accident that happens to teh soul. That's why it forgets. Also maybe if it is closed in the womb for many months, with no connection to anything then there is a lot of change there. We can now recollect our past lives based on our knowledge, practice, churning, hinst, observation, so that we may have an idea.

bansy

Post10 May 2008

Thanks cal and new knowledge.

Yes, I am probably asking something which is hard to answer but it does go to the root of understanding. There are times when I don't think at all and leave things as they are and get on with the day, and I then sometimes have a pause and think it, because if one needs to know God's role and place, then one also needs to know one's role in alliance with His.

What I do appreciate it is this forum allows folks to try to think beyond a box, i.e. go beyond their own limited intellect and explore areas where it has not been. It's like wondering what comes out at the other end of a black hole if one is first able to enter it. The great explorers of the physical world went to areas where they knew nothing of. But they always reach their destination. A great spiritual traveller will also.
how a non-physical enters the physical

This is interesting. A soul enters a body so that it is able to "speak" through the organs and move arms and eyes etc. Then given with today's technology, can a soul enter a robot and "speak" through the robot, move its robotic arms, tinker with the keys and electronic organ that produce the sounds that makes the words (a bit like Stephen Hawking in his special wheelchair) ? After all, if the soul of Dadi Gulzar is asleep when the BapDada Soul enters her, is that not like any advanced robot Chariot ? If you put the text of a Murli through these new "human looking" robots (I forgot their technicial name), could the robot not speak the Murli ?

But it still does not address how the soul moves through the air.

andrey

PBK

Post10 May 2008

I think the soul does not move through the air for it is non physical and air is physical. In the Murli it is said it is faster then rocket. In one second it can go to London. Maybe it is like forgetting yourself here and remembering yourself there. Like teleportation. Something connected with the power of the mind and intellect like switch.

shivsena

ex-PBK

Post17 May 2008

Dear PBK Brothers.

In Murli 11-8-05, Shiva says "tum bacchon ki ladayee hai Maya se, jiska sivaya Brahmin ke aur koi ko bhi pataa nahin hai." (meaning that "You children are having a fight with Maya, who is not known by anybody, except Brahmin souls")

In the above point, Shiva is clearly speaking to only 108 Brahmin souls who are going to recognise the personified Godly form of Maya and will fight Maya and will become mayajeet.

shivsena.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post19 May 2008

I'd say that "Maya' is who and what one wants it to be, according to beliefs, perceptions, teachers and one's lack of one's own understanding or ones' own desire to please either oneself or someone else.

new knowledge

ex-Vishnu Party

Post19 May 2008

Brother paulkershaw, you cannot believe but if you deeply churn, you will find that Maya is the illusionary part played by the soul of Adi Narayan. The positive (just supposed to positive) Sato-Pradhan role of that Narayan assumes the form of 'MahaVishnu' & his negathve Tamo-Pradhan role assumes the form of 'Ravan'. But both MahaVishnu & Ravan cannot be viewed as God. Rudra-Maala souls are superior to both these forms (MahaVishnu & Ravan). RUDRA SOULS cannot BE CALLED AS SEEDS OF VICES & NEGATIVITY. First so-called (on paper) Rudra souls come in focus. Original Rudra souls still have to be revealed.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post19 May 2008

A quick request ... could you people just put together a single list of all the different names or characters and the individuals they refer to?

I think Paul is on another dimension from you ... I am willing to learn but unless someone is willing to sit down and make it straightforward for the rest of us, the whole PBK thing comes across as utterly - and possibly deliberately - mentally scrambled.

So, please ... work out the complete list then add the individuals. I suspect you will have to use a table/spreadsheet because there is obvious disagreement between the different parties.

Thanks.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post19 May 2008

PaulKershaw (PK) of The Dimension of Wondrous and Spiritual Light called Planet Paul does try to share openly and create a structure of communication and open debate but it often (by the tone of replies to my posts) seems that many of those who work within the context of the listed PBK threads of this forum aren't wanting to look any deeper than what they learn, read or realise and only want to interact with their tribal members who may agree with them to debate in language suitable for their eyes and ears and in-line with their intellectual understanding ... so nothing much seems has changed since I left the BK system. As also not even my viewpoint as to why I left the BKWSO in the first place. Not enough sex, drugs or rock 'n roll.

However, I have now realised that I no longer have a need to quote from any fixed system of teachings but rather rely on what emerges from within my own intellect and consciousness to guide me and grow me. So thanx for that, appreciate the lesson. Being happy within myself is the only goal I feel important to follow ... and I do not have need to prove myself, most times.

I still say that truth is in the eye of the beholder, much the same as Maya is. Ask your closest Rock Star. ex-l, I appreciate your suggestion for the PBKs to post a suitable list we can all follow and refer to for the future as unfortunately my low-level planet does not revolve around a PBKs high-level superior knowledge.

shivsena

ex-PBK

Post20 May 2008

Dear PBK Brothers.

While surfing on the net i just came across an interesting site which has presented views on '''Shiva and Maya''. The site is http://www.yogaorder.org/Yoga/shiva_rahasya_ch7.htm

Presenting some verses from chapter 7 of "Shri Shiva rahasya".
shivsena.

Lord Shiva said:

1. O foremost among the pure-hearted! I shall now make known to you the Secret Teaching of the Thirty-Six Realities whereby a living being can cross the stormy Waters of Worldly Existence and go to the Island of Eternal Peace.

2. For this reason, the Wise Ones have called Him Shiva which means, That in Whom everything rests (Shi) and by Whose Power everything moves (Va). I Am that Shiva, the Original Ever-Living One; the Unseen and Uncreated Who Ever Is before everything that is seen and created is born or dies.

6. As in the day the light in the Sky, the Sun, is ever one but at nightfall the dark Firmament is bedecked with myriads of Stars, even so, behind the Veil of Magic I am One: ever shining in the boundless Sky of Universal Consciousness. But enshrouded in the Veil of Maya, I am myriads of Souls shining each like unto a Star in the dark night sky that envelops the Earth.

12. Divested of My Light, the World is enshrouded in darkness and goes to sleep. I, the Ever Awake, having put the Souls to sleep, enchant them all with the Great World Dream. This is My Great Work of Magic. No Sleeping Soul ever rises from the Sleep of Maya save at My Divine Command. Verily, there is no Greater Work of Magic in the Three Worlds than that brought to pass by Maya.

15. I, the Great Light, am the World-Father. Maya, My Mighty Magic is the World-Mother. From our Union innumerable living Souls, all identical with their Creator, are born. Yet, deluded by My Power of Illusion, they do not recognise Me as their Maker. The Awakened Ones, the Buddhas, they alone know that Maya is the Mother and I Alone am the Father of the multitude of creatures born in this World.

16. He who abides under Maya's Spell is a bound Soul. He who rises above Maya is its master. Therefore, Maya is the fetter to be conquered through Sadhana or Spiritual Discipline. He who knows the Great Secret of Maya, knows how the World comes into being. He knows how, though the Souls appear to be many, they are in reality One.

17. He who knows the Secret of Maya, knows that I create the World and man creates his own perception of the World. For this reason, although the World is one, every Soul has his own perception thereof. Through My Magic Might what is One appears as many and what is many appears as One. There is nothing that cannot be accomplished by Maya, the Power of the Supreme Sovereign. But he who by the power of his thought creates a World that is equal to mine in clarity, radiance and greatness, he is Equal to My Supreme Self. Verily, he who is a Master of the World-dream, is a Master of the World.

18. The Soul is born of Me. His powers are born of Maya, My Great Power. From that also springs the Material Energy, the Soul's Twin. And of that, the Soul's World is born. The Five Powers Divine; Soul, Material Energy, Intellect, Ego and Lower Mind; Five Senses; Five Powers of Action; Five Perceptions; and Five Material Qualities: these are the Six Groups-of-Five. In each of these I am the Sixth, the Hidden One ever abiding in their midst. I am the Unseen Witness Who knows them each and all. Thus the Five with Myself in their midst, are Six times Six.

27. Looking outwards through the Veil of Maya, as through a magic crystal, I see Myself in the form of innumerable Souls. Turning My Gaze within, I again see Myself as the Only-Existing One.

45. There shall be no doubt about this. When through the power of Yoga the Soul who penetrates the dark Veil of Maya, he shall behold Me Face to Face and come to know himself as what he really is: the Embodiment of Truth and Identical with My Supreme Self.

46. Verily, what is covered in many veils cannot be seen at a glance. Let no man expect to see My Truth at once. True it is that ordinary men do not know Me, the Lord. But the Self-Realised Yogi who by My Grace elevates himself to Divine Status shall become his Own God, that is, the Supreme Ruler of his Inner Universe. Such one, by virtue of his Sovereign Freedom shall become God-like and, in consequence, shall be well capable of knowing Me. For, only like can know like. -----------------------------------------------------------------------

shivsena

ex-PBK

Post23 May 2008

Dear PBK Brothers.

Conclusion of the above post:
Shiva and Maya cannot be seperated; they are like 2 sides of a coin, the two faces of which cannot see face to face and the 2 sides cannot be seperated; Shiva and Maya cannot co-exist. When you face one side (Brahma ki raat) you are facing Maya and when you are facing the other side (Brahma ka din) you are facing God Ramshivbaba face to face. When you face Maya, you are in §avidhya (ignorance) and andhakar (darkness-night) and when you are facing Shiva then you are an enlightened soul, (ignorance and darkness vanishes). When Maya is ruling then we all are in body-consciousness (as is happening in the PBK world) and when Shiva is revealed then only we become soul-conscious. This is what i believe.

You can go through the above site "Shiva rahasya" for more reading on ''Shiva and Maya''
shivsena

jaycdp

http://www.brahmakumaris.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1387&sta

Post24 May 2008

what is Maya

Maya is an illusion . An illusion casued by our sensory malfunction. A very good example of Maya is one we know some christians and Muslims always say that it is devil who made me do that. They are not wrong . They have some weakness but they do not know how to explain this so they say it is devil.

Another good example of Maya is autistic children and sizophrenics.

A schizophernic person can have halucination in all the 5 senses. Namely visual and auditory halucination which means they see things which are not there or they hear things which are not there. As far as autistics are concerned they have poor sensory function it can be sensery stimulation or sensory depression or it can be both.

letely we have clearly understood what is scizophrenia and how to treat. All the anti psychotics drug that helps the people with so called hallucination and anxiety etc. This is not enough we found out why. In the Western world austistic and sizhophrenic went straight to instiution and in the east they hanged on this children to the family.

Now modern study and experience say that these people need medicine and good environment . Not always loving and caring but they need personal control and freedom. Once they attain personal freedom they slowly started making friendship and there emotional strenght are growing from there ownwords. In order to achieve this we need to educate the family about how to help an autistic or shizophrenic. The reason i like to add what Baba said in here is some times these people with special illness need peace or some times they need freedom and othertimes they need control or love. In a family setting they always think i gave love so it should be OK. In institions they think we gave persoanal care and medcine so it is OK.

A Maya is there in every bodies life . No body is free from Maya. No matter you are a BK or non BK. No matter whatever the name you call what ever the form you see Maya is there.

Maya can also effect a group or a country or an institution . Maya is not some thing we need to defeat with secret. Maya is some thing which need to be diffused with yukti.

Om Shanti
PreviousNext

Return to PBK