Destruction of Pictures by BKs

for Prajapita Brahma Kumaris (Advance Party), or those interested in becoming PBKs, to discuss AIVV matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

surya

PBK

destruction of any original information by BKs

Post31 Aug 2006

from the x-bk forum:
http://www.brahmakumaris.info/w/index.php?title=Image:Catsandtree.jpg - a click will get a bigger image.

I can see that this picture of the Kalpa TREE is the original picture. Now, I have a question to the BKs Brothers and Sisters:

WHY DOES NOT THE MAIN BK CENTER IN Delhi DISPLAY THIS ORIGINAL PICTURE IN THE ENTRANCE MUSEUM?

What is wrong with this original picture that they had to create a new edited one without the information that Baba speaks in the Murlis? Please, has any BK an explanation as why the picture was striped of the correct details and information of Gyan?

bansy

Post01 Sep 2006

surya2037 wrote:Please, has any BK an explanation as why the picture was striped of the correct details and information of Gyan?

Brother, Could you give some clarification to everyone, especially BKs, what details and information were removed ?

surya

PBK

Kalpa TREE

Post01 Sep 2006

Bansy wrote:Brother, Could you give some clarification to everyone, especially BKs, what details and information were removed ?

Hi, in the museum in Delhi, all the pictures are completely different from the original pictures. The Kalpa Tree is depicted like this: there is a tree, the branches and nothing else, the two globes on the sides of The Tree vanished, one globe is about the 3 worlds and the other is the Vijaymala (Sisters standing).These two globes gone.

In the picture of The Ladder there are lots of things missing also. Next time I go to Delhi I will take photos from the BK work of wonder!

Why the BKs are changing things around? What is the reason for doing these changes in the pictures?

pbktrinityshiva

PBK

Post03 Sep 2006

Here is the nice full ones in good quality, if you see the changes the BK's have made they have completely stripped them. They are such beautiful pictures I do not know how one could take anything away from them.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/jekky/Kalpa-vriksha.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/jekky/Lakshmi-Narayan.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/jekky/Ladder.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/jekky/Trimurti-Shiva.jpg

I do not have the big posters so I have printed this out on a4 on lamintated paper.. not bad actually :)

ex-l

ex-BK

Post04 Sep 2006

pbktrinityshiva wrote:Here is the nice full ones in good quality, if you see the changes the BK's have made they have completely stripped them. They are such beautiful pictures I do not know how one could take anything away from them.

Those look like really good scans of the originals! There is a new gallery of images in the Encyclopedia area at;

http://www.brahmakumaris.info/w/index.p ... :Newimages

It would be good to see other better quallity images up there. My favorite is the soul car ... anyone else remember that?

I am sure we are all very interested to see photos of the new edited versions!

atma

PBK

Post04 Sep 2006

Bhai's,

One has to remember these are living pictures meaning they to will change just has the Trimurti is changing.

Why would the BK's want to show this? It would make no sense to do it. It is all fascinating is not it?

atma

pbktrinityshiva

PBK

Post04 Sep 2006

Yeh i remember, they still have them up in the PBK centres and at Kampil. I like the lightning bolts from Shiva hitting the demons too 8)

bansy

Post04 Sep 2006

The pictures are really clear. Also printed them out on A4 paper.

Are these English versions exactly the same as the Hindi versions ? Other than wording, I mean in colour, pigment, size, shape.

Did the pictures get done twice at the start, one for Hindi and one for English, or were the English ones made later on ? I think the original pictures were done very early 60s and don't think there were English ones then. So who made the English versions, BKs ? (If it was the BKs, then yes, new versions made later on).

Where are the original Hindi ones and where are the original English ones ?

arjun

PBK

Post04 Sep 2006

Sister Bansy wrote:Brother, Could you give some clarification to everyone, especially BKs, what details and information were removed ?

For example, the number of roots in the original picture (which was 8) was reduced in the latter Hindi pictures to 6.

The features of Vishnu shown in the original picture was also changed, I suppose. I also think that the BKs who were shown sitting on the roots or their features were also changed. In the modified English pictures which were prepared for foreigners in the early 1980s, the BKs shown sitting on the roots were changed completely to make it universally appealing, including some foreigners also in them.

I will compare the original picture with the changed ones again and let you know further changes, if any.
With regards,
OGS,
Arjun

bansy

Post04 Sep 2006

Regarding pictures, I think we should be careful how to refer to them in discussion.

How about calling the pictures "original Ladder (Hindi)", "original Tree (Hindi)", original Ladder (English) " etc. Then we call can call "modified Ladder (Hindi)" "modified Tree (English)" etc. It is more labourious to type, unless anyone else has an easier way to be clear for comparisons made.

So I understand the following were done in the early 1960s :
"original Ladder (Hindi)"
"original Tree (Hindi)"
"original Trimurti (Hindi)" (which also has the Wheel)
"original Lakshmi Narayan (Hindi)"

And the following, as given by Brother pbkstinityshiva, were done in 19xx :
"original Ladder (English)"
"original Tree (English)"
"original Trimurti (English)"
"original Lakshmi Narayan (English)"

And the following, as mentioned by Brother Arjun, were done by BKs in the early 1980s :
"modified Ladder (English)"
"modified Tree (English)"
"modified Trimurti (English)"
"modified Lakshmi Narayan (English)"

So if you know of a further changed modified one, just refer it as "modified-modified Tree (English)". (It took us a while to be clear with the Murlis/Vanis versioning :roll: ) We're all extra effort-makers. Maybe bbysops can incorporate some sort of abbreviation.

pbktrinityshiva

PBK

Post04 Sep 2006

I have added the 4 pictures to the gallery part of the site.
Om Shanti

bansy

Post05 Sep 2006

How about the number of times the word "exhibitions" is mentioned in Murlis. Why would God mention this very frequently.

Murlis often tell attention has to be made how to set up exhibitions/museums.
So BKs have not followed this Shrimat by changing the original pictures.
Anyone been to the so-called "laser shows" ?

Do PBKs hold exhibitions or museums, as to be followed in the Murli, or does the term "exhibition" have a different symbolic meaning ?

andrey

PBK

Post05 Sep 2006

Yes, as Brother atma has mentioned these are living pictures. Through the nonliving pictures we get the recognition of the living ones. At home also there should be living examples of Laksmi and Narayan. Exhibitions are also of jewels of knowledge.

arjun

PBK

Post06 Sep 2006

Sister Bansy wrote:Do PBKs hold exhibitions or museums, as to be followed in the Murli, or does the term "exhibition" have a different symbolic meaning ?

Om Shanti. The exhibitions and museums actually mean the exhibition/museum of living pictures. Every soul must become so perfect by imbibing the Godly knowledge/divine virtues that the other souls should get attracted to the living exhibition/museum.

Besides, one must also know which actors (souls) on this world drama stage are going to play the roles of the deities (Brahma, Vishnu, Shankar, Radha, Krishna, Prajapita, Jagdamba, other male and female deities), religious fathers, the sanyasis, the worshippers, the politicians, the foreigners, the Brahmins that have been depicted in the various original pictures which were got prepared by ShivBaba.
With regards,
OGS,
Arjun

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Kalpa TREE

Post10 Sep 2006

surya2037 wrote:Hi, in the museum in Delhi, all the pictures are completely different from the original pictures ...

Why the BKs are changing things around? What is the reason for doing these changes in the pictures?

I recently read in a Murli, 13/03/03 Revised by BKs,"Baba has had these pictures made. He has had them made in order to explain to others. There was no writing on the pictures made earlier."

It suggests that there might even be earlier illustrations.
Next

Return to PBK