Know THYSELF to Know GOD

for Prajapita Brahma Kumaris (Advance Party), or those interested in becoming PBKs, to discuss AIVV matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

anamik

BK

Know THYSELF to Know GOD

Post01 Feb 2007

Dear sweet souls,

I think there is lot of confusion in few people's mind regarding Mukarrar Rath of ShivBaba and the method of remembering ShivBaba. I am giving here a Sakar Murli point which I follow, and I hope it will work for at least few amongst you.

Sakar Murli dt. 19-4-85, page-2 :
"Aise naheen sirf Paramaatma ko naheen jaanate. Aatma ko bhi naheen jaanate. Aatma ko jaan jayen to Paramaatma ko phat se jaan jaayen. Bachha apne ko jaane aur Baap ko na jaane to chal kaise sake."

In English: It is not that (people) don't know only Supreme Soul. Also don't know Soul. If (they) know Soul then within no time will know Supreme Soul. Child knows self and don't know Father, how can it work (or how is it possible).

I think that if we are getting confused in understanding Murli points about ShivBaba's part after Brahma Baba left his Sakar (corporeal) body, or are getting confused in how to remember ShivBaba, then my opinion is to give our complete attention on knowing ourself. I find it the easiest way. I hope, it works with you all.

By concentrating our mind on knowing ourself we will get closer to knowing GOD.

Yours
Anamik

arjun

PBK

Post01 Feb 2007

Dear Brother Anamik,
Omshanti. Can you make your views more clear because the Murli point that you have quoted does not make it clear whether Father Shiv is to be remembered as an incorporeal point of light or through a corporeal medium.
Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

bansy

Post01 Feb 2007

give our complete attention on knowing ourself.

Dear Brother Anamik,
Could you extend on this by the understanding how one can know oneself without knowing the Father ? The creator or the creation. Is this a chicken or the egg situation ?
Regards
Bansy

anamik

BK

Post06 Feb 2007

bansy wrote:Could you extend on this by the understanding how one can know oneself without knowing the Father ? The creator or the creation. Is this a chicken or the egg situation?

Dear soul Bansy,

I think it is not a case of 'egg or Hen'. First we have to know ourself. We have to feel ourself as Soul. Once we get soul-conscious then only we can feel and know The Supreme Soul. I think that is why ShivBaba has repeatedly told us, "Apne ko Aatma samajh Baap ko Yaad karo". In English: "understand yourself as Soul and (then) remember (God)Father".

To understand ourself as Soul, Baba has given direction in Murli to concentrate our mind and feel ourself as a point of light in the middle of the eyebrows. My experience in doing this is, as we concentrate then practice, we will start to feel ourself as a point of light. Then that point of light grows and we can feel as a point of light within that grown light. Again we have to continue our practice. It is like snake leaving it's outer body cover. Later after continuing this practice of concentrating our mind and feeling ourself as a point of light, I have experienced myself as a point of light in a space within.

In my opinion, by practising the direction of ShivBaba, i.e. concentrating our mind and feeling ourself as a point of light, we will understand what is Sakari (Corporeal) stage or body, Aakari (Subtle) stage or body, and Nirakari stage or accurate Soul-consciousness. We can understand our various bodies or stages. Ultimatley by understanding this we can know our GodFather and his mode of action.

Your's
Anamik.

bansy

Post06 Feb 2007

Dear Brother Anamik,

The reason for the chicken and egg, is because it is from the Murlis, as you've pointed out, that tell us to understand ourselves as a soul. However, who is speaking this Murli if we are to take it as main source of understanding? Is ShivBaba human or is He a soul. As we are all lost orphans, who is to guide us, can we guide ourselves ? Which means we are atheists.

I believe that both understanding the soul and the Supreme Soul (ShivBaba) goes together, and it happens simultaneously. As Father does not let go of his child's hand, and neither does the child let go of His Father's.

I am not doubting that we should not concentrate on our mind in knowing ourselves. In fact, this is what spirituality is about (understanding self). I feel our own self has the intrinsic power to recognise our self and our own soul, but we need the key to open that power, and where can that key come from ? This is my opinion.

Regards
Bansy

andrey

PBK

Post17 Feb 2007

Dear Brother soul,

Can we get to know the Father through meditaion? We would have come to know him in the past when many meditators have meditated. We come to know him through him when he comes and gives knowledge and we study in an ordinary way, listening, waching through the body.

It is said that the more we remember him the more he remembers us, so he needs to know us and we need to know him. The more we stay in soulconciousness the more we remember him because he has such stage /always soulconciousness/, but stage is a matter when in a body. When He comes and goes no one knows. Brahma Baba says in the Murlis I did not know and “hop”. No one knew in advance about the Advanced Knowledge. So how can you know in advance of any part? So why do you cover up the role that is being played now?

If we only remember ourselves ... we are not pure souls and are not content with ourselves. We have defects in us and get busy with them. That is why we need just one flawless diamond to look at so that our heart may get full.

Return to PBK