Shall we drop all titles ? (Poll)

for measuring opinion on matters relating to their BKWSU experiences
Forum rules A forum specifically for polls on any topic relating to Brahma Kumaris. Anyone can vote here or discussion the poll. General conversion about the issues is best kept to the Commonroom.

Shall we drop all titles ?

Poll ended at 01 Jan 2008

Yes
50%
No
45%
No preference
5%

Total votes : 20

bansy

Shall we drop all titles ? (Poll)

Post27 Nov 2007

Please indicate if you would prefer the forum to drop all titles (BK, ex-BK, exBKWSU, PBK, etc)?

Titles were used during the setup of this forum, but do they need to be applied anymore with the growing numbers of members?
    Consider if this would lead to more respect between members.
    Are titles part of a democracy?
    Do you have an attachment to your title?
    Would the dropping of titles encourage a wider participation of members who may feel threatened by other parties?
    Do titles create discrimination and judgement, is there any bias?
Poll will last to end of year 2007.

Please post your comments if needed. Thanks.

arjun

PBK

Post27 Nov 2007

Omshanti.

Yes, I would like all the titles/labels to be dropped. But I understand that the members were asked to display their labels for the sake of convenience of newcomers to know who represents which school of thought since there are so many available on this forum.

So, although I would like the labels to be dropped, I have no objection continuing with them either.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

howiemac

ex-BK

Post27 Nov 2007

I agree with arjun on this.

Perhaps, if the labels are dropped, members should be encouraged to indicate their school of thought/loyalties in their personal profiles?

bkdimok

reforming BK

Post28 Nov 2007

There should be no titles among My children. Titles will be in the Golden Age, there is no need for them now.

Shiv through Shankar

arjun

PBK

Post28 Nov 2007

bkdimok wrote:There should be no titles among My children. Titles will be in the Golden Age, there is no need for them now.

If there should not be any titles now, then why should they exist in the Golden Age? Will there be servants and chandaals in the Golden Age in actual sense?

sparkal

BK supporter

Post28 Nov 2007

From what I can make out, there is no strict adherence in that certain people only ever post in one part of the forum.

Therefore, some may enjoy shifting from fragment to division for variety. It may be that the site has yet to prove that it can accommodate regular "BKs" I feel. Somewhere that "BKs" can post freely without being verbally mugged :shock: by an angry ex or whatever.

It could turn out to be a bad idea to merge or, not quite ready yet, but souls already share anyway.

bro neo

ex-BK

Post28 Nov 2007

IMO, the title we choose shows a lot about our personality and who we are. I don't think we are all stupid little points of light, far from it. We are all very complex dynamic organised, multidimensional beings of love, light and chaos. Titles helps us to express who we are and gives us freedom of expression and the potential to grow.

bkdimok

reforming BK

Post28 Nov 2007

arjun wrote:1. If there should not be any titles now, then why should they exist in the Golden Age?
2. Will there be servants and chandaals in the Golden Age in actual sense?

Om Shanti.

1. Just to know what dharma you are to follow. If you are king - one dharma, teacher - another.
2. There will be for classes of deities in the Golden Age. No chandaals. Nobody eats dogs in the Golden Age:)

Shiv through Shankar

button slammer

PBK

Post29 Nov 2007

howiemac wrote:I agree with arjun on this. Perhaps, if the labels are dropped, members should be encouraged to indicate their school of thought / loyalties in their personal profiles?

Good idea, some posters adopt titles and post under those titles but what they say may differ 100% from what the title stands for. This can create confusion and negativity towards that group. What any one says should be clear from their posts without the use of titles. Perhaps the personal profile utility could be expanded in some way to accomodate more personal information.

Titles may be dropped from individual groups, perhaps when the forum is clear in its direction into the future. A title may be assumed that denotes a quality of unity amongst the forum members and what it hopes to achieve? Even if it doesn't work out practically it may promote some semi-serious topics and be fun. :)

bansy

Post29 Nov 2007

If the forum is to use titles in the future, I would like to request the title "almighty master authority Bansy". I would like everyone to address me that way, it would be nice to log onto the forum that way.

Althernatively other titles acceptable for you all to call me are: "The Divine One Bansy", "Elevated Soul Bansy", "Your Royal Highness Bansy", or "Lighthouse Mighthouse Bansy". It's only a title after all, is it not. Or you can simply choose to address me as a fellow soul, Bansy. Any objections ? Well, you can also choose whatever titles you wish too, but I've reserved the above. :P

If you want to get BKs onto this forum, better drop the titles. No BK is going to bother with the PBKs. I would say that without BKs on this forum, this forum is not going to go very far on the BK front. If a BK can post without needing to identify him or herself as a BK, maybe some dialogue will occur.

But the other practical way is to see if dropping titles will change the way the forum goes. We will not know until it is tried, maybe for a trial period. The forum has, more or less, been on trial since the start.

Then the BKs who surf this forum cannot say, "It's only a bunch of ex-BKs complaining", or "Its only a place for PBKs to whine but we cannot beat them with sticks there". Without seeing titles, the BKs can only say "there is a number of people from a wide spectrum of society who have various issues with the us, maybe even amongst BKs ourselves".

And so the question to therefore ask is WHO is this forum for ? A one stop shop for anyone connected to BK life, errr ... but excluding the BKs ? Now post-litigation, this forum has greater awareness, but is it already too late to really get any hardcore BKs onto this forum, other than those who are or are already on their way out and would eventually find us anyway.

However, whether titles are decided to be used or not, you should all still address me as indicated in any of the above. Over time, you'll just get used to it. Another 29 years. :P

bro neo

ex-BK

Post29 Nov 2007

I am an ex-BK amongst many other things and do take pride in being so. Being a Pukka BK was no small accomplishment and to be an ex-BK, who can stand up for what I believe in while still respecting others to choose what ever and who ever they want to be, is also a state of self which has been hard earned. I feel very pleased and dignified for who I am and for all my fellow EX-BKS.

In regards to tiles, I would be honored to be a Professor in our new forthcoming world spiritual university and Grand Majestic Magus within the circle of the New Age senate for the forth coming Platinum age. That is if the powers that be, and my fellow EX-BKs, approve.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post29 Nov 2007

Hey, Neo ...

Get in line I say ... :).

xx p

bkdimok

reforming BK

Post29 Nov 2007

bkdimok wrote:2. There will be for classes of deities in the Golden Age. No chandaals. Nobody eats dogs in the Golden Age:)

Shiv through Shankar

admin

site admin

Post16 Dec 2007

By request, we have introduce a new group or title;
    Working towards unification
"Titles" are displayed below users' member names. "Groups" are used purely for administrative purposes, primarily to ensure that the member joining is a real person with interest in BK related discussion or support. Both words are used by the forum software and have no other specific meaning. Groupings are unseen.

As the use of titles and groups is useful from an Admin point of view, and to remove previous titles would require work, a compromised is suggested of allowing those members that wish to have and request no title to have no title and those that wish to keep their titles, to keep them. Please be aware that the software, and our knowledge of it, sets some limitation of its own.

The present list, created by requests or necessity is;

- Academic -
    - BK -
    - Floundering BK -
    - Friends and family of -
    - Lay BK -
    - Not sure -
    - PBK -
    - Post BK -
    - Questioning BK -
    - Reforming BK -
    - Satish Group -