BKWSU Use of Violence

for measuring opinion on matters relating to their BKWSU experiences
Forum rules A forum specifically for polls on any topic relating to Brahma Kumaris. Anyone can vote here or discussion the poll. General conversion about the issues is best kept to the Commonroom.

Is the BKWSU justified in using violence to suppress the PBKs

Not under any circumstance
97%
Only if the Senior Sisters give Shrimat to do so
3%
Any BKs are entitled to use violence if they wish
No votes

Total votes : 36

admin

site admin

BKWSU Use of Violence

Post08 Oct 2006

Following recent evidenced reports of the BKWSU repeatedly using violence towards the PBKs, including kidnapping and severe beatings, we raise the following poll.

See reports, here;

http://www.brahmakumaris.info/articleindex.html
http://brahmakumaris.info/blog/?p=120

arjun

PBK

Post27 Oct 2006

Omshanti. I thank all those souls who have voted against the use of violence by some souls to suppress the spread of Godly message by certain souls.
I also thank the soul, who, by starting this topic, has consciously taken a risk to voice the concerns of some souls who strongly oppose the use of force to curb expression of thoughts.
This does not mean that all the souls, which are on the side of the souls perpetuating violence, also support it. It is only to inspire the souls which are perpetuating violence to rethink about their strategy, which may bring temporary happiness to them, but would ultimately lead to sorrows only.
With regards,
OGS,
Arjun

amaranthine

BK

Post26 Jan 2007

Where are these evidenced reports?

It just states following recent reports - what reports, and by who?

All i can see is a tiny picture of an Indian male in white clothes (non standard BK clothes) kicking someone.

proy

ex-BK

Re: BKWSU Use of Violence

Post30 Jan 2007

Admin wrote:Following recent evidenced reports of the BKWSU repeatedly using violence towards the PBKs, including kidnapping and severe beatings, we raise the following poll.

Violence can not be justified, of course not.
I am not surprised at the result of the poll.
Do we know how many people have voted?

joel

ex-BK

Mixed poll questions

Post29 Mar 2007

I am against violence against PBKs. At the same time, any person in the world can use force. People may not be 'entitled' to use force or violence, but as individuals they certainly have the potential. From my dreams I know that I can. I feel much healthier not having barred myself from it, although I can see no reason to want to ever do so. Violence in dreams is a sign of how I may continue to be violent inwardly in my treatment of myself, I would believe.

Well, I don't want to screw up that nice 100% number, but that third choice seems a point of confusion. Most healthy people, BKs or others, would step up to defend themselves physically if the need arose. No one may have 'titled' them to do so, but they are certainly capable as adults, or even children.

proy

ex-BK

Re: Mixed poll questions

Post29 Mar 2007

joel wrote: any person in the world can use force. People may not be 'entitled' to use force or violence, but as individuals they certainly have the potential.

I agree. I have not met any "saints" who have no potential for violence, but I have met a lot of ordinary people who are in denial about their own "Dark Side". But the third option in the possible answers to the poll, "Any BKs are entitled to use violence if they wish", must surely be taken in context of the Poll Question "Is the BKWSU justified in using violence to suppress the PBKs". To use violence in self defence, or in the defence of one's loved ones or even one's own property, is surely entirely different from using violence to suppress another person or group's religious views, however much you may disagree with them. I do not think PBKs giving out leaflets justifies violence in the name of self defence. All the BKWSU are defending is their own viewpoint. I would not beat you with a stick for disagreeing with me.

arjun

PBK

Post02 Apr 2007

Dear Joel and Proy,
Omshanti. I agree that violence for self-defence could be acceptable. But PBKs do not go to any of the programmes of BKs with any gross arms or in large groups, but with the weapons of knowledge (in the form of pamphlets) in very small groups (which is negligible when compared to the number of PBKs) and on very rare occasions, like mega-programmes, when the BKs are expected to come in large numbers. So, the use of violence to suppress the PBKs cannot be justified in any manner. Further, the PBKs distribute the pamphlets much outside the venue, unlike the BKs who go into the Hindu temples, churches, etc. to spread their knowledge. Here is a proof from a latest Murli published by the BKs:

"Kabhi mandir may, kabhi shamshan may, kabhi church may ghus jana chaahiye. Poochanaa chaahiye, God Father say tumhara kya sambandh hai?"

"(You) must enter sometimes into a Temple, sometimes into a cremation ground, and sometimes into a Church. You must ask them - what is your relationship with God?" (Revised Sakar Murli dated 24.3.07, published by BKs and narrated by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba and translated by a PBK)

Actually, the translation of 'ghus jana' in English is much more than simply 'entering' but borders on 'intruding' or 'forceful entry'.

When they can go into Hindu temples, Churches, Cremation Grounds to spread Godly knowledge, cannot the PBKs peacefully distribute pamphlets containing Godly message much outside the venue of BK megaprogrammes? We know that God would not get revealed just by distributing pamphlets, but is it not within anybody's democratic right?

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

Note: In the last Avyakt Vani dated 31.03.07 Avyakt BapDada has asked the BKs to speak from the dias of programmes organized by others (non-BKs) instead of organizing various other programmes including megaprogrammes, which have not had much effect in the last 70 years. Actually, during the days of Brahma Baba, giving Godly message through the programmes organized by non-BKs was the norm, instead of wasting precious Yagya money on advertisements. But when their donation-boxes became full due to seeking of money (even from non-BKs) against the Shrimat, they started organizing huge public programmes.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post02 Apr 2007

I hoped this was an invite for the use of violence against the BKs :lol:.

Ah well, one can but dream ...

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

Post02 Apr 2007

Mr Green wrote:I hoped this was an invite for the use of violence against the BKs :lol:. Ah well, one can but dream ...

Hahahaha "The pen is mightier than the sword" so it is said.

And the gremlins are starting to come out of the woodwork for the BKWSU. The forum seems to have become a real place. A venue in which the BKWSU sick and walking wounded + associates come to try to make sense of it all. I thank the day that I joined this place.

alladin

no label

psycological violence

Post14 Apr 2007

The most cruel, sophisticated vicious form of violence, the type that leaves one with the deepest scars, is the one inflicted on people's mind through brainwashing, conditioning, instilling fear and shame, the way the BK organisation does on its members. And yet, I am grateful for the teachings I got from Raja Yoga. First of all the opening of the third eye Baba operated on me, through which I maintained a certain degree of lucidity that helped me survive and reach this Forum whilst still in decent shape.

The Forum, a special place created for us by the Great Healer. :D

bro neo

ex-BK

Post23 Apr 2007

Can we get some references to the article? Also if the BK’s are doing this frequently, as the article claims, then there should be plenty of articles in India’s newspapers about this. Can someone upload some. There are articles about this, right?

arjun

PBK

Post24 Apr 2007

bro neo wrote:Can we get some references to the article? Also if the BK’s are doing this frequently, as the article claims, then there should be plenty of articles in India’s newspapers about this. Can someone upload some. There are articles about this, right?

Thanks for showing concern. The violence against PBKs by BKs is not so frequent because the PBKs go to the BK programmes very rarely, in some of the mega programmes which are likely to be attended by a huge number of BKs. And in recent months I don't think PBKs have attended any such programmes. But, incidents of violence have happened on many occasions in the past and it has been documented in the form of newspaper articles very rarely because of the influence that the BKs have over media. And even those rare articles might be only in Hindi or in regional languages of India.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

Return to Polls