Have you been to Madhuban and met BapDada ?

for measuring opinion on matters relating to their BKWSU experiences
Forum rules A forum specifically for polls on any topic relating to Brahma Kumaris. Anyone can vote here or discussion the poll. General conversion about the issues is best kept to the Commonroom.

Have you been to Madhuban and met BapDada ?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes : 44

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post18 Mar 2007

It is almost impossible to expect those in positions of power within the BKWSU not to take advantage of their status at the cost of everyone else ... It is yet again more proof that the Seniors are vulnerable normal human beings like everyone else. It's just a good way of covering up this fact is to tell everyone you are an instrument.

That way the humble effort making BK, who knows through self-honesty that they themselves are not an instrument, wouldn't dream of harbouring such manmat as maybe this person is lying to me.

By the way, if you want a nice seat at the 'meating', talk to Muni.

alladin

no label

meeting the benevolent spirit

Post26 Mar 2007

Like Bert said in the, "Why you joined?" topic, my experience at personal meetings with BapDada, his subtle presence in MB and Baba's hut and room especially, always gave me the feeling of benevolence. Syncronicity with questions I asked and answers I got in Murlis comforted me and confirmed that Baba was aware of all the injustices and "wrongdoings" going on. Was it my imagination?

How to fit the spooks possibility and perceptions some have with my personal positive experience? There maybe some interference somewhere and I don't even believe all BKs and SS are benevolent. Sometimes there's an authoritaristic tone in the Murlis, or it seems as if BapDada, or whoever, is playing with our minds, with contradicting statements and directions. Esoteric stuff :roll:.

Overall, I always felt that the spirit behind the Avyakt Murli especially, was a great conniosseur of human psychology. And a sort of Gandalf, white magician. I think he's behind our Forum also. So, I am waiting to see what will happen.

The corollary around Baba's meetings degenerated, got out of hand. Feeding Baba, and the procession of big shot BKs and VIPS got out of proportion and nauseated many of us. The photos on stage (photographing what ... a spirit!?!), later the videoing and so on. This opens the door to doubts.

Big tests the paraphernalia is!

joel

ex-BK

Rehydrating

Post29 Mar 2007

The sickest I've been in Madhuban is diarrhea, minor compared to stories of malaria, typhoid, flu, etc.

My best solution (heh, heh) was to buy lime cordial down in the village. Mixed with boiled drinking water, it is as easy to absorb as an electrolyte drink (i.e. Gatorade), and tastes great. Next time someone goes there, please bring me a bottle for old time's sake!

bro neo

ex-BK

Post16 Apr 2007

I can’t believe I am hearing this from BKs! What kind of Brahmins are you! You are going to be sweeping up the gold dust of Krishna instead of dinning with him, unless you cut out all the body-consciousness. LMAO!

I went twice, the first meeting was much more significant as I was much more innocent. The teachers got to walk past BapDada and I got that walk-by Dhristi. When I got back to my home center, I went on about how great and supremely elevated it was, went on at length about how I felt the love of God and the room was flooded with white light or something.

Hey, guess what folks, my room is flooded with white light now! I feel the love of God now! It must be the half-eaten curry chicken I had for dinner last night and didn’t clean up yet. Yes, its glowing and talking to me, "You are my long lost and now found most beloved number 1 precious jewel."

In Philosophy 101, back in community college, the teacher told us about how our perception of reality will always be colored by the lenses we see it through. For example, if you look at the sky through a red lense you will believe the sky is red; a green lense and the sky is green ... Neither of which are true. The mind and our beliefs are the lenses which constantly filters our perceptions of what's right in front of us.

My second meeting was a lot less glorious. Maybe it had something to do with being shacked up with some real loonies in my dorm, and how one of them would jump out of bed at 3am every morning and have flashbacks of Vietnam or something with a whole flurry of dropping to the floor on his stomach and chest then jumping back up as fast as he could several times. Then swinging his head as fast as he could from side to side looking for an ambush. God knows what else, I just pulled the covers over my head and remembered Baba.

Or maybe because my intellect was growing a lot due to constant research on the Lokik world's spiritualities (for service reasons of course), and studying all the Murlis ever published.

I went for God, to meet God, and because God told me to go. It was 'God' after all. Ah, the great Honeymoon Period. I did not care if I had to sleep in Naki Lake. Looking back now though, the impact the meeting with 'God' had on me was surprisingly insignificant, compared to some of the other incidents that have happened in my life. Such as my near death experiences.

It's never too late to be what you might have been - George Elliot

zhuk

non-BK

Post17 Apr 2007

bro neo wrote:In Philosophy 101, back in community college, the teacher told us about how our perception of reality will always be colored by the lenses we see it through. For example if you look at the sky through a red lense you will believe the sky is red, a green lense and the sky is green. Neither of which is true. The mind and our beliefs are the lenses which constantly filters our perceptions of what’s right in front of us.

Too right! You've put into words just what I've been trying & failing to articulate, Neo ;). It does all depend on the lens you view experience through.

For an example, back when I was still being heavily & constantly being "proselytised" at by a pukka BK in a vain attempt to 'bring me back into the fold', I mentioned to him that I wished I could afford to go to Oxford ... Well, naturally(!), he thought I meant to the BK Centre there and emailed back, in complete exultation & excitement, saying he could get me a letter of introduction right away and was so happy I'd finally "accepted the super-sensuous bliss of Baba!"

In fact, I was talking about my half-brother's pub in Oxford lol ... I've never met him and have always wanted to go there since I was a child ;).

Viewing through selected lenses indeed :)

joel

ex-BK

Post17 Apr 2007

bro neo wrote:Looking back now though, the impact the meeting with 'God' had on me was surprisingly insignificant, compared to some of the other incidents that have happened in my life, such as my near death experiences.

I, for one, would be interested to hear about your experience of being near death. Powerful life experiences often mean more than intellectual sponge cake.

zhuk

non-BK

Post17 Apr 2007

bro neo wrote:My second meeting was a lot less glorious. Maybe it had something to do with being shacked up with some real loonies in my dorm, and how one of them would jump out of bed at 3am every morning and have flashbacks of Vietnam or something with a whole flurry of dropping to the floor on his stomach and chest then jumping back up as fast as he could several times. Then swinging his head as fast as he could from side to side looking for an ambush. God knows what else, I just pulled the covers over my head and remembered Baba.

Egad :o :shock: :!: :lol:. May be the poor bugger was trying to self-medicate his obvious PTSD with the BK doctrine ...

bro neo

ex-BK

Post17 Apr 2007

Hi joel, I put my experience in the All & Everything room, Share Near Death Experiences (NDE)/Dharamraj experiences topic.

Hi zhuk, yea its strong medication. To bad I developed an allergy to it. I enjoyed being a Bhog eating white zombie who 'knew' the secrets of all time, space and awareness.

"Honesty is the 1st chapter in the book of wisdom." - Thomas Jefferson

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post17 Apr 2007

Bro Neo wrote:In Philosophy 101, back in community college, the teacher told us about how our perception of reality will always be colored by the lenses we see it through. For example, if you look at the sky through a red lense you will believe the sky is red; a green lense and the sky is green ... Neither of which are true.

OMG! Thanks for wording this so heart wrenchingly eloquently! Many more belief systems to conquer for me ... will look deep into my beer this weekend for sure ...

john

reforming BK

Post17 Apr 2007

Then is enlightenement when we remove all lenses and see reality as it is.

zhuk

non-BK

Post17 Apr 2007

^^Pretty much a definition of Zen, john! :) :wink:

bro neo

ex-BK

Post20 Apr 2007

Some Gems for all the ex-Master Oceans of Knowledge to play with: Excerpts from http://www.gnosticteachings.org
    The Four States of Consciousness
    The first state of consciousness is called Eikasia.
    The second state of consciousness is Pistis.
    The third state of consciousness is Dianoia.
    The fourth state of consciousness is Nous.
Eikasia is Ignorance, human cruelty, barbarism, exceedingly profound sleep, a brutal and instinctive world, an infra-human state.

Pistis is the world of opinions and beliefs. Pistis is belief, prejudices, sectarianism, fanaticism, theories in which there does not exist any type of direct perception of the Truth. Pistis is that consciousness of the common level of humanity.

Dianoia is the intellectual revision of beliefs, analysis, conceptual synthesis, cultural-intellectual consciousness, scientific thought etc. Dianoetic thought studies phenomena and establishes laws. Dianoetic thought studies the inductive and deductive systems with the purpose of using them in a profound and clear way.

Nous is perfect awakened consciousness. Nous is the state of Turiya, profound perfect interior illumination. Nous is legitimate objective Clairvoyance. Nous is Intuition. Nous is the world of the divine archetypes. Noetic thought is synthetic, Clear, objective, illuminated.

Want more?
There are four mental states that lead the neophyte to the ineffable summits of objective clairvoyance:
    First: To profoundly sleep
    Second: To sleep with dreams
    Third: Vigil state
    Fourth: Turiya or state of perfect illumination
Indeed, only the Turiya is an authentic clairvoyant. It is impossible to reach these heights without having been born in the Causal World. Whosoever wishes to reach the state of Turiya must thoroughly study the semi-unconscious psychic processes which actually constitute the origin of many forms of Self-deception, self-suggestion and hypnosis.
    1. The Gnostic must first attain the ability to stop the course of his thoughts, the capacity of Not Thinking. Indeed, only the one who achieves that capacity will hear the Voice of the Silence.
    2. When the Gnostic disciple attains the capacity of Not Thinking, then he must learn to concentrate his thought on one thing only.
    3. The third step is correct Meditation. This brings the first flashes of the new Consciousness into the Mind.
    4. The fourth step is contemplation, Ecstasy or Samadhi. This is the state of Turiya (perfect clairvoyance).
Previous

Return to Polls