How did you find this forum?

for measuring opinion on matters relating to their BKWSU experiences
Forum rules A forum specifically for polls on any topic relating to Brahma Kumaris. Anyone can vote here or discussion the poll. General conversion about the issues is best kept to the Commonroom.

I found it via a web search
42%
I read the article on the Wikipedia and followed the link here
3%
I was on the old XBKChat Forum
21%
I found it via a link on another website [ but not Wiki ] Please Specify
No votes
I was told about it by another ex-B.K.
21%
I was told about it by a practising B.K.
9%
I was told about it by a practising P.B.K.
No votes
I am neither a B.K., ex-B.K. nor P.B.K. but interested in spirituality, cults etc
No votes
Other (Please Specify)
3%

Total votes : 33

arjun

PBK

Post13 Mar 2007

adikarisoul,
Welcome to the forum. BKs and PBKs say that they found God sitting at home and you say that you found this forum sitting at home. :lol: Birds of the same feather flock together. So let us fly together. :D :D :D
Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

proy

ex-BK

Welcome

Post13 Mar 2007

adikarisoul wrote::D A big friendly hug to all as this is my first contribution to this forum.

Welcome to the forum adikarisoul. A big hug to you too. :lol:

alladin

no label

swagadam, welcome

Post13 Mar 2007

Attn. Adikari:

Hi, welcome to the sailing ship, I am also fairly new and happy to be here. I hope joining the Forum will do you as much good as it has done to me! By the way, what's the meaning of your name? Enjoy your cruise on the boat of Truth seekers!! Hugs!!!

adikarisoul

ex-BK

Thanks Arjun for reminding me of my childhood days...

Post13 Mar 2007

arjun wrote:Welcome to the forum. BKs and PBKs say that they found God sitting at home and you say that you found this forum sitting at home. :lol: Birds of the same feather flock together. So let us fly together. :D :D :D

Thanks Arjun for reminding me through your words of my spiritual childhood. That's been over 21 years ago.

You see I am a brand-new ex-BK I read, in fact, "my last Murli" on March 5th 2007. It's so strange to think of myself as an ex-BK but this time I am really out of it!

Regards
Adikarisoul

john

reforming BK

Re: Thanks Arjun for reminding me of my childhood days...

Post13 Mar 2007

Thanks Arjun for reminding me through your words of my spiritual childhood. That's been over 21 years ago. You see I am a brand-new ex-BK I read, in fact, "my last Murli" on March 5th 2007. It's so strange to think of myself as an ex-BK but this time I am really out of it!

Wow, I am sure you have some tales!

bansy

Post14 Mar 2007

I am also fairly new and happy to be here.

Welcome to the forum adikarisoul and dilaram and alladin (have I already done this ? Many new members recently).

This forum has been going for only a year, though XBKChat existed previously. So actually, we are all still relatively new here. Enjoy !

adikarisoul

ex-BK

Thanks for the warm welcome

Post14 Mar 2007

:D :D :o :o Dearest Bansy, Alladin, Provy and John,

Your words made me feel really "at home". What I've been missing most during all my years in Gyan is a healthy, happy, light, inspiring and mutually supporting spiritual friendship.

Yes John, I've seen so much in 21 years that I could easily write a book but this doesn't mean that I regret everything in my BK life. There have been beautiful moments and even periods and please " forgive me If I dare to say so " but I still like, and believe in, most of The Knowledge I've been studying and teaching for years. What made me feel more and more disgusted and wanting to run away is the so-called "Divine Family". Execept for a few normal persons like me, it always seemed to me a quite disfunctional family with no honesty, no balance, NO GENUINE LOVE and NO REAL PURITY AT ALL!! :cry: As ShivBaba pointed out so many times: " REAL PURITY cannot cause sorrow to anyone.

Hey, Alladin, according to Didi Nirmala's translation, "Adikari Soul" should literally mean a souls that has rights i.e. a Golden Aged soul, this title was given to me by BapDada during a personal meeting.

Much love.
PS: I do not know you (do I?...) and yet I feel so close to you all!

joel

ex-BK

Re: Thanks for the warm welcome

Post14 Mar 2007

adikarisoul wrote: I do not know you (do I?...) and yet I feel so close to you all!

You might know me. I don't know how I would know if I know you. 8)

alladin

no label

mela for dissidents

Post15 Mar 2007

When and if it is "in the Drama" we can have a flesh and bone meeting in some beautiful tamoprathan place, like a Freemasonry retreat type of thing! Not a service meeting, OK!! Can you imagine finding out that some old friend was hiding under anonymity on the Forum? Here you are!!! Alive and kicking! Hugs allowed.

I know that this may sound raving as well as heretic to compliant BKs but, really, the experience of visiting the Forum, for me, compares to going to a nice centre where there's a good atmosphere of free expression, loving support, no competition, wisdom, spirituality, desire for exploring deeper truths, love for God, to sum up, many good qualities physical centers usually lack of, unfortunately.

So, I feel like passing by the center, check out what's happenining, how is everybody, what new realizations we had, and give my little finger twice a day! Easy to get there, only need to be close with the mind and sit at my desk! :D

proy

ex-BK

Post25 Mar 2007

How did you discover this forum, and why did you start to post here?

Please write a short post as well as voting if you have time, it will be nice to read a bit of your story.

alladin

no label

dissidents

Post25 Mar 2007

Word of mouth, ancient method.

So far, poll results indicate that the Forum is a conspirancy of dissidents to expose wrongdoings (and sayings!) of BK org! Makes me feel good! I found a new family, or tribe ...! :D

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

Post26 Mar 2007

I found this forum and XBKChat quite by accident whilst browsing Wikipedia. I was very, very, very upset - apologies BKs for confessing to this progeny of anger or is it bossiness ;) - when I first came across the 2 sites and read the content. Worse still in fact, I was beside myself with rage at the posters temerity to 'sully the good name of the Godly institution' to which I belonged that I almost ...

Finally I stepped out of my own ego-trip and decided to join and document aspects of my own journey (for what it's worth), so as to try to make sense of everything that I was reading and had come to experience at the centre I attend.

I do not regret a single second of it and am overjoyed at the existence of this site. Without it I would be very much alone, disillusioned and with nowhere to go with my questions or quest for a deeper understanding of my predicament.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post26 Mar 2007

Hey there every1.

I found out about this site from an ex-BK friend at lunch one day, thought I'd give it a look but as I'd left the BK's behind long ago I did not feel that it would serve me in anyway to belong to such a forum.

Then I read about the goings on and and sensed the underlying (not so subtle!) issues many were facing and that was it, I joined and decided to rather use my real name instead of remaining anonymous. Met some really great people on-line and I thank each and every one of you for showing me what 'special' really is.

I salute you all for being who you are. May we all go from strength to strength.

Love light and Bubbles
Paul

bansy

Post26 Mar 2007

Nice to drop by paul.

Folks, just a short message to say love you all and thanks.

worldpeace

ex-BK

Post26 Mar 2007

During my final days of my BK life (which was indeed short - 5 years), I was regularly searching about Brahmakumaris and had even created a google news alert.

Thats the time when I stumbled upon some PBK sites and that was shocking to me to even know that God doesn't come through Gulzar Dadi, Brahma is not No.1, Virendra Dev Dixit is the new Chariot and all that.

I also stumbled upon the Child abuse report and it was equally shocking. Till then I was under the notion that BK is the perfect system and every single movement in the BK universe had logic and meaning.

Slowly all that was fading away and searched more and more to know more about BKs apart from the regular sources and ended up at XBKChat. And from there I am now posting here...
PreviousNext

Return to Polls