How did you find this forum?

for measuring opinion on matters relating to their BKWSU experiences
Forum rules A forum specifically for polls on any topic relating to Brahma Kumaris. Anyone can vote here or discussion the poll. General conversion about the issues is best kept to the Commonroom.

I found it via a web search
42%
I read the article on the Wikipedia and followed the link here
3%
I was on the old XBKChat Forum
21%
I found it via a link on another website [ but not Wiki ] Please Specify
No votes
I was told about it by another ex-B.K.
21%
I was told about it by a practising B.K.
9%
I was told about it by a practising P.B.K.
No votes
I am neither a B.K., ex-B.K. nor P.B.K. but interested in spirituality, cults etc
No votes
Other (Please Specify)
3%

Total votes : 33

proy

ex-BK

Post07 Mar 2007

I am interested to know how people found this site and started to post on it. I think it will be a good idea for members to give a brief outline of how they got here. I will go first.

I met an ex-BK at a lunch given by friends. He (Howiemac on this forum) told me that this new forum was about to start up and that I could join it even though I was a pukka BK at that time. So I joined because I wanted to discuss questions and topics that were discouraged at my centre. You will see by my label that I am now an ex-BK.

alladin

no label

word of mouth

Post07 Mar 2007

One Sister vaguely told me about it. I think she wouldn't say much more because she thought it could do disservice to me. On the contrary ... so I tried to find out and eventualy came across the right address of the site.

However, way back in time I read something about the battle Eugene Bhai was fighting against no less than SEXUAL ABUSE occurred in the ... eehmm ... spiritual university!

ex-l

ex-BK

Post07 Mar 2007

Planetary fallout from the death of star called http://www.xBKChat.com ... which I only heard about through another "part-time" BK, who probably curses himself for taking pity on me, because it never came up on the search engines. Its a shame more of the old xBKChat people are not still around. There were some true intellectuals and very original BK souls amonst them.

bansy

Post08 Mar 2007

I also came from XBKChat just before it closed down. I cannot exactly recall how I came to XBKChat, other than surfing and clicking. Lost my fortune in a click. Stupid mouse. :oops:

arjun

PBK

Post08 Mar 2007

Omshanti.

I first of all got introduced to the world of discussion forums on internet through a PBK from a foreign country (thanks to him) several years ago. He introduced me to the Aussie forum of BKs. I got banned on several occassions from that forum and then the PBKs were finally banned altogether from that forum and most of their posts were deleted.

Then I don't remember who introduced me to xbkchat forum (may be the same PBK). I along with all other PBKs got banned there also and again most of the threads of PBKs were deleted. But a few weeks before the site closed down the ban was lifted on two PBKs including me.

Whatever the actions the BK Aussie forum or xbkchat forum has taken against me or the other PBKs, I thank them for whatever number of days they have allowed us to express our opinions.

And then came this nice forum about which I was informed through one of the members. And since then it has been almost a smooth ride with all of you.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

yudhishtira

reforming BK

Post08 Mar 2007

Funnily enough, I was trying to find a conventional BK website to get an address for a centre! You guys have a good google rating! Anyway; I had heard rumblings about the previous website, but had never seen it. I must admit, I was a little nervous of posting on here, given that I still class myself as a BK, and lurked for a while, feeling very sad that the organisation that I had at one time felt was my family seemed to be connected to such pain for souls. So thanks for being friendly and accepting!

I find it helpful, being on the fringes, to have some people to talk to that even if they do not agree with me, at least understand what I am talking about. I think its good that you do have a space for BKs on here, I think it would be good if more BKs would be able to talk openly to those who've left and those with different beliefs ; they might become more compassionate and understanding.

If its not too sensitive, can I ask what led to the closure of the previous site?

john

reforming BK

Post08 Mar 2007

If its not too sensitive, can I ask what led to the closure of the previous site?

One guess :lol:

joel

ex-BK

Another refugee from ex-BK Chat

Post08 Mar 2007

About once I year I'd been typing BKWSU into a search engine to see if anything interesting would come up. I guess that's how I found ex-BK Chat.

The sysop (who remained anonymous) wrote a message that from his (?) point of view the purpose of the forum had been accomplished, having (I am paraphrasing) 'penetrated the veil of secrecy surrounding the BKs, the experiences of its members and ex-members.'

I took part in email discussions following demise of that forum, continuing my participation here once this forum got off the ground.

In between, as ex-l stated, we lost many of the most thoughtful and prolific contributors to ex-BK Chat. Probably they decided to move on in their lives. At least we have here an archive of their past contributions.

yudhishtira

reforming BK

Post08 Mar 2007

John wrote:

One guess :lol:

Oooooh would that be the sudden and dramatic infiltration by BK Ninjas in white jump suits who crammed the moderators mouths with toli and tied their hands behind their backs with rakhis!! :lol:

arjun

PBK

Post08 Mar 2007

Yudhishtira wrote:oooooh would that be the sudden and dramatic infiltration by BK Ninjas in white jump suits who crammed the moderators mouths with toli and tied their hands behind their backs with rakhis!!

Whether the Admins of the XBKchat forum were pressurised by anyone to close down the site can be known only if he or anyone else connected with that site reveals the truth. Otherwise, the information would remain a 'classified' document known only to them and GOD.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

yudhishtira

reforming BK

Post08 Mar 2007

I do not need to know folks :) ; I understand now the issues at stake here; may the "how-I-got-heres" continue.

bansy

Post08 Mar 2007

Proy,
Fancy setting up a poll like this one in XBKChat ?

http://ex.brahmakumaris.info/ex-BK/Poll__ ... om_.1.html

proy

ex-BK

Poll

Post08 Mar 2007

bansy wrote:Fancy setting up a poll like this one in XBKChat

Yes, that looks good. This seems a popular thread, and I am enjoying reading it. Are the numbers in brackets the number of people who voted?

Do you have to be Admin/Moderator to set up a poll? I don't see that option in front of me here, as it is on the demonstration board for moderators.
I have done a demo poll there as a practice, I will mail you the link.

If we do a poll then I would like to see the posts with peoples' stories as well.

bansy

Post08 Mar 2007

Hi Proy

Not sure how to add a poll to an existing thread.

Maybe Admin can help out here.

adikarisoul

ex-BK

Post13 Mar 2007

:D A big friendly hug to all as this is my first contribution to this forum.

I found the Forum while sitting at home ... through an-email coming from info@brahmakumaris.info that was being sent to an "old" centers-address-list .
Next

Return to Polls