The Mr Green Kumaris

for members of the Vishnu Party, Krishna Party, Inadvance Party, PPPBKs & others.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

oven warn samples only

Post27 Sep 2007

paulkershaw wrote:You lot are still on about nuts, fruits, cakes and brownies, are you all hungry or wot? Let's change the subject: How about my special muffin mix ...

8) Dear Kershaw Bhai, that your muff is in a class of its own, I have no doubt. But in my books the brownies still just about take the biscuit. But being a pretty tolerant guy, if you can gaurantee that your mix bakes a crumble-free muffin, then i might sample the finished product. So get to baking before you take off to the dolphins again 8). Oh BTW oven-warm samples only for me please. Thank you. Welcome back bro.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: oven warn samples only

Post27 Sep 2007

abrahma Kumar wrote:But in my books the brownies still just about take the biscuit.

Where I live, the brownies don't just take the biscuit; they take the cars, bicycles, hifi systems, mobile phones and anything else they can get their hands on ... in Gyan, they take the butter (may be they are baking up their own cake after all), and have their eyes on World Domination by 2036.
    Ambitieux ... Elles?

abrahma kumar

The brownies down ex-l's way ...

Post27 Sep 2007

Okay am begging all your pardons for this last bit of silliness from me for a while on this topic but really, ex-l's brownies sound a lot like this one that i recall from my childhood storytime. Mr. Green will need a good stage when he returns to find out what his students have been up to in his absence! The whole Murli room is in an uproar. Don't know about you but I am running for the exit.

di

Post27 Sep 2007

What a pity my Shudra Mississipi Mud Cake (complete with whisky) has no place in the alokik world ... perfect match for brownies.

abrahma kumar

mississipi mud cake is not silliness

Post27 Sep 2007

Just so as ya'll know that i aint from the Anti-The Cake party but just a brownie-conscious gopi wallah look what i found Di wants to bake for us:
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 1/4 cups strong brewed coffee
• 1/4 cup bourbon or brandy
• 5 1-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
• 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
• 2 cups sugar
• 2 eggs, at room temperature
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• unsweetened cocoa powder
• sweetened whipped cream or ice cream, for serving
PREPARATION:
Preheat oven to 275°. Sift the flour, salt, and the baking powder together ensuring it is mixed in well.
Combine the coffee, bourbon or brandy, chocolate, and butter or margarine in the top of a double boiler.
Heat until the chocolate and butter have melted, stirring occasionally.
Pour the chocolate mixture into a large bowl. Using an electric mixer on low speed, gradually beat in the sugar. Continue beating until the sugar has dissolved.
Raise the speed to medium and add the sifted dry ingredients. Mix well, then beat in the eggs and vanilla until thoroughly blended.
Pour the batter into a generously greased 3-quart bundt pan that has been dusted lightly with cocoa powder or flour. Adjust rack so cake will bake in top half of oven. Bake for about 1 hour 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
Let cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then unmold onto a wire rack. Let cool completely.
When cake is cooled, dust lightly with cocoa powder. Serve with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream, if desired, or drizzle with chocolate or vanilla glaze

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: The brownies down ex-l's way ...

Post27 Sep 2007

EGGS!

Am I the only following the Maryadas around here!?! The only eggs in the BKWSU are all those unfertillized ones the Sisters are keeping to themselves..
abrahma Kumar wrote:ex-l's brownies sound a lot like this one

Nah, I was thinking more Robertson's Jam who shockingly appear to have done a BK versionin one of its more politically incorrect moments ...

freedom

ex-BK

Post27 Sep 2007

Wait a minute, the brownie is my creation !!! I had a vision at Amrit Vela first ... at least the 'special brownie' (cannot post the main ingredient) ... and it is egg-free (from the chicken) and maybe a few eggs of my own ... :? (you started, ex-l !!) ...

Anyway ... tomorrow is my birthday ... any spiritual, egg-free, lots of chocolate cake recipe? 8)

jann

Post27 Sep 2007

alladin

no label

Post27 Sep 2007

Happy birthday from me as well, and have fun. Sorry, no recipe, the whole no egg BK stuff always confused me. Result is that I tend not to bake much!! :roll:

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post28 Sep 2007

Happy Birthday Freedom - may you fly free all year long and make the year ahead the best year ever.
Much love and best wishes.
xxx p :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Libra Sign Horoscope for today....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your partner is more receptive and responsive today and it may be one of your best days for communication. You tend to steer away from controversy, but you’re able to go to the heart of the matter right now.

Air signs resonate to an energy that is intellectual, light, bright and airy. There must not be anything too heavy or stolid for these keen conversationalists. They are inclined to think that they can survive on only the air that they breathe. Mind games, words, ideas and concepts keep them energised and alive, so their most appropriate form of self-expression is through words and abstract thought forms and patterns. They are inclined to change their minds frequently, as they dislike being overly committed to anything.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ex-l

ex-BK

Post28 Sep 2007

No cake for you I am afraid, freedom. You have been banished from the mr green Kumaris for being caught with your mind in the Cookie Jar.

|Image|

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post28 Sep 2007

Happy birthday freedom fighter.

bansy

Post28 Sep 2007

Have fun and Happy Birthday freedom, may you live to 150 :P. Will need a large brownie cake for the candles though.

abrahma kumar

Freedom, Happy Birthday to ya, Happy Birthday

tinydot

ex-BK

Post29 Sep 2007

Happy birthday freedom!

Hope you are enjoying your eggless, vegan cake.
PreviousNext

Return to Splinter Groups