BKWSO: More funny money ... and another broken family

BKWSU related newstories

news editor

site admin

BKWSO: More funny money ... and another broken family

Post11 Aug 2008

From behind the gloss of expensive international PR campaigns, the Brahma Kumaris project themselves as "The Family Path" educating the world in "Spiritual Values". What is not made clear is that "The Family" is the family of Brahma Kumaris followers ... not necessarily the "impure" worldly relatives, as the Brahma Kumaris call followers' families of birth.

For 70 years the celibate, millenarianist leadership has been accused of breaking up families in order to fuel its expansion with followers. At the same time they have re-written the organization's history in order to cover up failed predictions of the End of the World and other embarrassments. In many countries it operates since its inception, individuals adherents have been encouraged to give not just their "bones" but also their homes and family's inheritance to the organization. Whilst registered as a charity "to alleviate poverty" in the UK, families of teenage girls surrendering to the Indian organization are made to pay their keep and hand over their daughters' dowries.

What has been less well documented up until now is the organization's financial ethics and, more importantly, the response of the leadership to financial abuses. In this incident, we examine the BKWSO of New York.
Naresh Kirpalani wrote:Brahma Kumari Organization
New York

Sent via facsimile and email today

Reverend Sister Kala Iyengar,

I hope you remember my telephone conversation with you requesting you to kindly keep your organizations activities away from my house, and specifically, your Sr. Poonam Sethi. You had assured me that you would keep her away.

I had also warned Sr. Poonam Sethi never to come to my house. Despite that, she challenged me by coming to my house.

As you know this tension created by Sr Poonam Sethi resulted in J.... leaving our house on November 28th. Another success for your organization.

Please find attached envelope containing a bank card recovered from Chase Bank in Sr. Poonam Sethi's name!!!

As you can well understand, I am extremely shocked by this member of your organization who defies my personal rights and persists in coming to my house despite my warnings. Now, she has encroached on fraudulently using my house address to apply for bank cards.

I would like to hear from you immediately, before I take further steps in reporting this issue to the authorities on Monday.

Thank you for your kind attention

Naresh Kirpalani.

encl: Copy of envelope received from bank today which is self explanatory.

Poonam_Seth.pdf
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 820 times

BKWSU wrote:As the Coordinator of Peace Village, Dr. Kala Iyengar is skilled in facilitating workshops and delivering lectures on values, self-empowerment, and spirituality and medicine, while also serving as director of Peace Village Learning and Retreat Centre. She has taught meditation for 26 years and has been engaged in programs to help patients identify and manage non-physical cause of pain and disease. Kala is a trained paediatrician with extensive exposure to the needs of children and their parents.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: BKWSO: More funny money ... and another broken family

Post23 Sep 2009

Seems to suit this topic ... interesting, independent work being done over at bkwsuwatch.com.
By Vaishnavi Pator, September 17, 2009 @ 11:51 pm

I want to share some personal comments on BK. I may be around 7yrs time with BK. The impression one gathers with the organisation can only be gauged if one comes in close contact with them in times of sthula sewa. Most of the programs hosted by the BKs are huge budget oriented with themes which are eye catching.But the themes of the programs remains only in paper. The real mission is to make people aware of decent of GOD to Earth. Let me ask any ardent followers who cannot respect critism is how society at large has benefitted from the mega progarams? Is it not sheer wastage of time and money?

How much an ardent follower overlooks, the mega programs really pinches the pockets of many. Isnt it? Let me give you an idea of a mega program to held in and around Ist week of October, 2009 globally. Each centre of Guwahati in Assam under Rupnagar jurisdiction in NE India needs to contribute Rs75000.00. Lets say a centre in Guwahati has 20 full time students. So if each member is to contribute equally then the share comes to Rs3750/plus the regular donation monthly. Is it a small contribution?
Abhigyan Reply:

September 20th, 2009 at 4:14 am

Sheela Didi regional head of NE India surely needs to be exposed. She is very much benovelent to her lowkik family residing in Kolkatta. In one of the visit of a female nephew to Guwahati, Didi kept no stone unturned to gift her with golden jewellery. All this jewellery are part of some kind BK students who have donated in the name of GOD. Nowadays Didi has brought a nephew from Kolkatta named Rishi Bhai who lives in the centre itself. The said Bhai has not even undergone 7 days course till date but behaves as an active menber of Brahmakumaris. Didi is funding him to set up a business in Guwahati with money. Where from the money comes is anybodies guess!

tom

ex-BK

Post23 Sep 2009

ex-l wrote:bkwsuwatch.com.

Thank you for sharing. Great reports. Unfortunatrely this link is broken. Please tell us on which page of bkwsuwatch.com are these reports?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post23 Sep 2009

They are on the front page of bkwsuwatch.com, at the bottom.

There are also more specific claims of corruption that appear very similar to others we have read.

Return to News