BK Contact Soul Liz Hodgkinson selling another BK book

BKWSU related newstories

ex-l

ex-BK

BK Contact Soul Liz Hodgkinson selling another BK book

Post23 Nov 2012

Author and journalist Liz Hodgkinson gets the BKs more middle class tabloid coverage with a Daily Mail article on The husband I love left me for the man upstairs ... that's God, just in case you're wondering" about the reasons behind her divorce from her husband and BKWSU "ambassador" journalist Neville Hodgkinson.

You see, Liz has a new book to promote, "Why Women Believe in God ... in conversation with BK Jayanti of the BKWSU", published 26 October 2012.

The BKs get good PR and Liz makes a few bucks for very little effort ... I guess just like the last time? I have not read the book yet, I don't suppose they will be sending us a review copy. A nice piece of the polished, soft touch PR BK Neville is known for. I doubt Liz asked "all the awkward questions" we could, including questioning whether the BK god is actually the god of all other religions.
Why Women Believe in God takes the form of a discussion between two lively, outspoken women with very different viewpoints and life experiences. We ask an important question, whether God is necessary, and answer it with reference to scriptures, politics, feminism, secularisation and the serious financial and environmental issues which now confront us and which can no longer be ignored. These days, most educated people - men and women - take the attitude that God and religion are outdated and belong only to fundamentalism and the bible belt. We pull no punches, ask all the awkward questions and try to find satisfying answers. Liz Hodgkinson, a well-known journalist and author of many controversial books, asks the questions, and Sister Jayanti, who has dedicated her life to spirituality, provides the answers.

The comment section of the Daily Mail was closed early but did not favour the BKs' god ... "a god rather than 'The God'".

Liz Hodgkinson, whose last book on the BK called "Peace and Purity" was an inaccurate and lightweight PR job during which it appears Neville steered her away from more revealing controversies of the Brahma Kumari cult, has remain friends with Jayanti Kirpalani and "serviceable" to the BKWSU. A woman who, by her own admission, "would rather have her nails done than ponder the eternal verities" plays the feminist card, or perhaps "womanist" card, for the BKs again.

liz-hodgkinson-BKWSU.jpg
Daily Mail readers wrote:In 1981 their children were still children. Why did their Father abandon their life as a family?
- Dee , Ireland, Ireland, 15/11/2012

is not he a bit old to have imaginary friends?
- Paul , Manc, United Kingdom, 15/11/2012 19:35

Any god or religion that breaks up a happy family is to be avoided. This is a false and dangerous god!
- Dee , London, Algeria, 15/11/2012

He has found a god, not God, its different
- Veronica Essex , London, United Kingdom,

If my husband told me he was off to meditate with a bunch of women, I would tell him to THINK again.
- Angela , Esher, 15/11/2012

He has joined a eastern cult. The God I know would not would not break up a marriage and family. VERY misleading article.
- S. , Sussex, 15/11/2012

ex.brahma

Re: BK Contact Soul Liz Hodgkinson selling another BK book

Post23 Nov 2012

Newspaper readers' brief comments at the end are right to the point, and may be more interesting than the book itself!

ex-l

ex-BK

Post23 Nov 2012

Ha! You're right and I bet they raise questions the BKs' "cooperative soul" Liz Hodgkinson doesn't. I'll try and find a copy to look at.

Liz's last book "Peace & Purity: The Story of the Brahma Kumaris" affirmed the various BK corporate lies about their early days and skirted away from controversies. I guess Neville had a guiding hand in that for the BKWSU. Professionally it was irresponsible PR job in my opinion but then her level of journalism was mainly tabloid. She's followed the BKs in the past and even moved homes to where they have big retreat centers; Worthing and Oxford. In the latter case, after Neville put on a Brahma Kumaris' service event with his author son Tom Hodgkinson at Oxford Town Hall in November 2008. You can guess the "women" mentioned below were BKs.
Liz wrote:Liz hit on Oxford after her older son Tom gave a talk at Oxford Town Hall in November 2008, and after the talk, several women came up and asked Liz if she had thought of moving to Oxford. She hadn’t, but a seed was sown and she immediately started looking on websites and making trips to view properties in the city centre.

If Liz is writing from a "womanist" point of view again, e.g. proposing that the BKs are wonderful because they are women led etc, I think she missed the point. I don't think the BKs are feminist at all, they are more caste-ist. The Brahma Kumaris rise is not an achievement for women, it is just social climbing and the establishment of yet another Brahmin or priest caste sitting on a guddhi (throne) above the ordinary people.

The question is not, "do we need women priests or religious leaders?", it is "do we need religious leaders at all?" ... and if we have to have them, can they not do something useful for society rather than just life off others?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post23 Nov 2012

It's all very different world to that of the surrendered BK frontliners or unpaid Indian servants and, remembering the BKs involvement with other such individuals like "Absolutely Fabulous" PR supremo Lynne Franks, it gives those of us who were never invited to the BK VIP service events an interesting view into that closed part of the BK world ... and how the BKs can rely on positive public opinion about them being manufactured by people who, quite frankly, have got a clue what the BKs are really about, and do not follow the principles. A world that tends towards luxuries and self-indulgence, and moral and ethical ambiguities, rather than "peace and purity".

In her book "Complete Guide to Buyuing Property Abroad: 3rd Edition" Liz Hodgkinson continues to mine the Brahma Kumari Co-prosperity Zone ... and further crashes her credibility whilst confirming her pro-BK relationship.

One of the strange things for me with the BKs in my time (I will admit I don't know how it is now), is that I would have put most of the Western adherents on the Left-wing or Liberal end of the political spectrum, whilst the leaders and those they succour up to are on the Right. Both Neville and Liz spent most of their time writing for Right wing papers and, in Liz's case, what are commonly known as "Tory **** rags"; tabloids such as The Sun, The Evening Standard, The Daily Mail etc which wipe the bottoms of the English Conservative Party and are all central parts of its propaganda mechanism with British society.

But this is a joke! On buying property abroad ...
Liz Hodgkinson wrote:Singles, sophicated couples and those without children or families to worry about are likely to prefer Miami to the family oriented houses.

Veronica McHugh, originally from Ireland, who has lived in Miami since the mid-1980s says ... "Miami does not seem to be the sort of place that traditional retirees or those with a young family would choose. We are definitely not sedate!"

Hold on ... Veronica McHugh is "BK Waddy" who was sent out to Miami to run the BK center there by the Kirpalani Klan, Jayanti and Janki. The property in her question is a BK center!!!

BKs "not sedate people" ... how long exactly do they spend sitting in meditation every day? Are Miama BKs really such worldly party people?

It turns out not only has Liz followed the BKs to Worthing and Oxford social and retreat centres, but she was also buying a house in Miami close to her "friend", aka BK contact soul ... and cuckquean* ... Dwina Gibb. The bisexual pagan priestess wife of the deceased Janki Kirpalani adherent Robin Gibb.

(* A cuckquean is a woman who has an unfaithful husband. Whilst Dwina was off being a celibate BK for the weekend, Brahma Kumari celebrity Robin was siring a child with his Asian housekeeper.)

BK Waddy continues ...
Liz Hodgkinson wrote:Miami is an eclectic place with its young hip modelling and movie-making crowd ... a very happening place, and one of the premier news markets in the US.

BK Dwina admits she was spending £70,000 per year on property tax alone ... the property the BKs got to use to woo VIPs and celebrities like the British Prime Minister Tony Blair and his wife Cherie. Everything is "free" in the BKWSU, or at least someone else gets to pay for it.

Liz does not mention the Brahma Kumari connections in a book clear aimed at nouveau riche looking to a second or third luxury house overseas.

30 years of BK association and the BKs teaching "soul consciousness" ... and 60 odd year old Liz then goes off and spends £12,000 being "body consciousness" so that "These days I get propositioned and ogled wherever I go": Why £12k of cosmetic surgery was worth every penny.

Brahma_Kumaris_Liz-Hodgkinson.jpg
Brahma_Kumaris_Liz-Hodgkinson.jpg (31.5 KiB) Viewed 15629 times

dany

Post24 Nov 2012

Apparently, soul Liz underwent face lift surgery to have a new look for the Golden Age, when it arrives in 2036, or whatever ...

Return to News