Brahma Kumaris Manchester: Mugger mugs the BK Muggers

BKWSU related newstories

ex-l

ex-BK

Post25 Nov 2016

I don't think it is correct to say the Brahma Kumari Kirpalani Klan are "thieves" ... except perhaps on a moral level. I suspect any actual legal theft their leaders have knowing gone along with or encouraged is fairly petty (and that it has been tax departments who have suffered the most). We remember the instance of one leader admonishing followers from stealing from their employers on the basis of "bringing karmic/spiritual benefit" to said employers, although I doubt the "unenlightened" employers saw it in that light ...

However, I do think it's fair to say its leaders are well seasoned fraudsters and operated a confidence trick, a "long con", stealing not just money but people's lives and opportunities for decades to fuel their social climbing.

In real terms, what is the difference between a knowing con and outright mugging ... except for in terms of honest and scale?
Janki-theft-2.jpg
Janki-theft-2.jpg (23.73 KiB) Viewed 11563 times

Police release e-fit image after thief stole cash tin from city centre charity by Rebecca Day 4 Oct 2016

Police have released an e-fit image of a crook who stole a cash tin from a city centre charity.

The man confronted a volunteer after going into the Brahma Kumaris centre on Byrom Street at about 9pm on Thursday, September 8. He then stole a cash tin containing £60 from behind reception. The centre offers free talks, workshops and meditation courses with the aim of providing a relaxing space for members of the community. It is run by experienced volunteers, who are dedicated to bringing a hub of calm to the busy city centre.

PC Laura Bristow, from Greater Manchester Police’s city centre team, said: “This would have been a frightening experience for the member of staff and I’m extremely thankful she was not injured in any way. Although it might seem a small amount of money to some, the centre relies on public donations and this was a heartless crime on a charity which aims to help others in the community. I would appeal to anyone who might recognise the man's picture to please call police."

“I would also ask anyone who might have witnessed something to do with this burglary to please get in touch.”

Note how the BKs turn even a crime report into a PR opportunity, portraying the Manchester Inner Space shop in 14 Byrom Street, Spinningfields, Manchester, as a community based charity offering Personal Development and Self Transformation in Manchester, England. I am a bit concerned at their targetting young people with relationship anxieties. Are the BKs really experts in creating and sustain "healthy happy" relationships?

Obviously this chap did not think so ...

BK-theft.jpg
BK-theft.jpg (48.76 KiB) Viewed 11581 times

Brahma-kumaris_Manchester.jpeg
Brahma-kumaris_Manchester.jpeg (140.74 KiB) Viewed 11578 times

Pink Panther

Re: Brahma Kumaris Manchester: Mugger mugs the BK Muggers

Post26 Nov 2016

I am a bit concerned at their targetting young people with relationship anxieties.
No better way to solve any relationship problems than to not have any relationships, or see any problems as the fault of 'agyani body conscious souls’.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post26 Nov 2016

The Dadi Janki quote above is one that I actually witnessed myself.

onthor

Post26 Nov 2016

Really ex-l? Could the words have some esoteric meaning?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post26 Nov 2016

Nope. It was in the old London centre at a morning class. A small group of visitors had arrived from some other country.

Janki was laughing at her own "joke", or perhaps her audacity at saying it in that way she did. It's the truth.

There was no, "taking away the vices" or anything like that added.

Return to News