Help! [2]

Classic posts chosen by the admins of xBKChat.com and the users of this website

classic posts

site admin

Help! [2]

Post02 Jun 2008

Help! [2] - posted by: hanuman on June 29, 2004

I was banished from Gyan in 1990. I did feel some form of guilt. The guilt did not last long. Why did it not last long? Because I understood that in the unlimited world Drama each soul plays a special role in each incarnation. God the Father/Mother of all humankind is also the Ocean of Mercy. He forgives. Many BKs who struggle on the path lack the power to forgive. As ex-BKs, our greatest strength - and when we are pre-occupied with guilt, our weakness - is the power to forgive the self. When, as ex-BKs, we can forgive ourselves at a deep spiritual level, the spiritual and physical life flies.

One mistake many ex-BKs can make is to forget our spirituality. We still need to live a balanced life. We are still responsible for taking care of our karmic accounts. God understands that not everyone would wear a white sari or pajama and be a BK. Others have their roles to play which may be the life of family person. Many BKs, including administrators with limited vision, play the role of God and harshly judge ex-BKs, increasing the level of guilt. That is a serious dis-service. “He who is without sin cast the first stone.” Unfortunately, many of my Brothers and Sisters at centers want to play God and cast stone on ex-BKs, as negative thoughts or words of condemnation.

A few years ago, I attended a public function held by the BKs at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. Some of the BKs who knew me greeted me with great spiritual charm. One Brother from Australia who had advanced in the ranks of the BKs was walking down one of the halls. He made it his duty to treat me with scorn. I simply responded with the New York attitude of being transparent. I do not want to be the judge of that Brother. I must say that a Senior Sister who was one of my best teachers greeted me and had a conversation with me. My former teacher has for decades been a Queen of Swans and her special virtue has enabled her to perform service to the lowest of the low and highest of the high. I wished my Brother well. He had missed the chance to elevate himself by speaking to an ex-BK.

God forgives. However, we should not hold on to guilt because some BKs play God and judge us. We must forgive ourselves and live joyful and balanced lives.

Return to Classic Posts