Source of Love

Classic posts chosen by the admins of xBKChat.com and the users of this website

classic posts

site admin

Source of Love

Post02 Jun 2008

Source of Love - posted by: wahl on January 22, 25 and 26, 2005

Since ‘distancing’ myself from the BK organisation about two years ago, after 8 years in Gyan, I initially experienced a sense of relief and then some guilt and then the ‘coming down to terra firma with a heavy bump’ as I let go (not totally) of Shrimat. † I now have a very different perspective on the BK organisation and I am happy to be on the fringe for the moment, still keeping in touch from time to time with my very good Brahmin friends.

I had always been aware that my relationship with Shiv Baba was never very strong, but that reading the Murli opens up my mind and brings me close to LOVE. There is a consistency in the Murli that is absent from all other scriptures or knowledge that I have read. It captivates me and pulls me and I feel subtle connection to LOVE.

The effect of the Murli on souls is so varied. I believe that any response to the Murli is eventually positive, even if it begins with a negative reaction. Karma ‘rules’ no matter how we try to think differently! Quite a number of postings on this site talk about Baba scolding his children. I don’t see it like that - he is saying it as it is.

This is only my personal view, but I feel that Baba never ever gives The Knowledge with any form of anger. He is not capable of it. So, scolding, for me, is not the accurate word - I call it advice. He is merely pointing out how karma works and we can take it or leave it, love or hat it. Baba is always constant, eternally stable and, as I mentioned before, the consistency within the murl is something that has always been important for me.

I have questioned the agenda of the Brahma Kumaris organisation in the past but, looking back, that questioning was always activated by some personal experience with another Brahmin soul and never from the content of the Murli. I have obviously been fortunate enough to attend centres where the Murli is read without any personal intervention from the reader. I was quite surprised to see the number of postings that mentioned this practice, which I find totally wrong and have never experienced. The Murli, is a fascinating medium and I feel that we get from it what we want need to learn according to our karma at that particular point in time.

My frame of reference is not BK, by the way. I left Shrimat behind ages ago and have no regrets whatsoever; “I can see clearly now ...” (well, clearer at least). I know all about the BK organisation, its hierarchy, psychological control and agendas. That is why I left. However, the practice of meditation and the philosophies of karma, entropy, spiritual energy, Yoga, reincarnation etc., are not to be rendered invalid just because the BKs advocate them. That would be like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

The only thing that I can’t explain, but is nevertheless real, is my attraction to the Murli. I feel something good in there and it captivates me. I don’t quite understand it myself, but it is definitely real to me. That’s just how I honestly feel, and I would be lying if I said otherwise.

Administrator inserted notes:
* These were three posts made by wahl. They are separated by the elipses ... but have been counted as one, because they were written in the same month and are along the same lines.

† “Shrimat” - the guidance and directions given by Shiva in his spiritual discourses.

Return to Classic Posts