The Bottom Line [2]

Classic posts chosen by the admins of xBKChat.com and the users of this website

classic posts

site admin

The Bottom Line [2]

Post02 Jun 2008

The Bottom Line [2] - posted by Paul on October 11, 2004

It is inexcusable that I started this thread way back in May and am only now giving the answers to the questions I posed. Here are the questions with my answers below them:

Q. In spite of everything - the doubts, dissatisfactions, criticisms, negative experiences - do you believe that Shiva Baba is God?

A. Not in the absolute sense. He may be an aspect of the divine and an elevated being, but not the all encompassing capital letter GOD.

Q. Are you unsure, undecided, sitting on the fence?

A. See above.

Q. Do you feel he could be God?

A. See above.

Q. If you believe that he is not God, then what do you think he is?

A. See above.

Q. Do you believe that he can be God even if the “knowledge” or some essential aspects of it, is untrue, incorrect, false?

A. No. I agree with Gyaniwasi here. If even minor aspects of the “knowledge” are false or untrue then it negates the Godly nature of the source.

Q. If The Knowledge is false, then what would the motivation be for putting it out all these long years?

A. Well, we need to consider that even a disembodied being may feel the need to found a movement, have followers and effect what the being considers to be positive changes in people and the world. Now, whether those changes are really that positive - especially if the underlying teachings are defective - is open to debate.

Q. Are we dealing with negative, deceptive, demonic powers here?

A. Demonic, I think not. Deceptive maybe. Then again, the line between the two can sometimes be fine and subtle, is it not?

Q. Does the entity gain by being “remembered”?

A. Even though I say so, this is a very good and pertinent question. It may even be the key to the answer to the next question. At the disembodied level, spirits may not need or find satisfaction in the material things of this world. However, there may be a deep seated need to be known, recognized, acknowledged and even worshipped….a psychic energetic need. At a very gross level, they say vampires need blood. We see that around the world, in shamanistic cultures, offerings of various kinds are made to spirits. For instance in Haitian voodun and in Santeria ceremonies. At higher levels, the need for something to sustain the spirit may also be there, but in a more refined way - in the form of “remembrance”. Of course, BKs are told that it is they only who benefit through remembrance of Shiva Baba, not Shiva Baba himself. I would now take that with a spoon of salt.

Q. What is really going on, in your opinion?

A. See my answer above. Of course, it does not encompass everything that is / could be “going on”... but it may be a large part of it.

Return to Classic Posts